Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 216 of 277 FirstFirst ... 116166206214215216217218226266 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,240 of 4143
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    I'm just annoyed it took so long to get started. They should be at the table 12 hours a day 7 days a week and get this taken care of.
    It certainly seems like the owners want to break balls on this. I hope I am way off base but I think your comment is accurate provided they want to get it done.
    It seems like the owners want to make the players break.

Ignorance is bliss

At least we can start signing international free agents on Saturday. Gives me a little something to get excited about

Quote Originally Posted by RJYANKS12 View Post
    At least we can start signing international free agents on Saturday. Gives me a little something to get excited about
    It will be great for Arias to be officially a Yankee. I think he ends up the better player than Dom. Everything i see or read about the kid is beyond impressive. I'm pretty sure he's getting the majority of our 5.1M in IFA pool money that we have, somewhere around 5M.

Hopefully we have some other smaller signings lined up, but Arias is the only top 50 guy that we've been linked to

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    It certainly seems like the owners want to break balls on this. I hope I am way off base but I think your comment is accurate provided they want to get it done.
    It seems like the owners want to make the players break.
    What I have heard thru the grapevine. Bowden alluded, nothing has been confirmed. However these are the issues on the table.

Owners are willing to support universal DH

Raise the minimum salary

Eliminate the Q.O.

Make changes to current draft system. (maybe an international draft???)

What they are NOT listening on:

Free agent arb time NO changes

NO change to current salary arb process and procedure

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    What I have heard thru the grapevine. Bowden alluded, nothing has been confirmed. However these are the issues on the table.

Raise the minimum salary

Eliminate the Q.O.

I just read the deal. Luxury cap is big. They are 26 mil apart. Owners should suck it up and meet them half way

Owners say 29.5 and youíre a free agent. Players want 5 years or 6 years amd 29.5. Whichever is first
    Both sides, suck it up. A guy is automatically a free agents after 6 years of mlb service time or age 28.5

Draft should be based on record but if you tank it and finish at the bottom 5 for 3 straight years, you pick at the back end

Mlbpa suck it up and do the 14 team playoff. Itís going to happen

Ignorance is bliss

Jeff Passan
    @JeffPassan

Baseball labor update: There is no deal. There never was going to be one today. MLB made a proposal. The reaction among the players was not positive. Few on either side expected it to be. The question is how soon the MLBPA counters. Spring training starting on time is in peril.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post

Raise the minimum salary

Eliminate the Q.O.

In spite of the BB writer naysayers, I say that these are positive concessions toward an agreement. As for the luxury tax threshold and the years until free agency, the players should not expect the owners to give them what they want. Hopefully, the players will now try to meet the owners in the middle and the owners will then also move. If not and there is no move by the players, then in my opinion, the owners will continue to wait. Owners already know that during the last major work stoppage without an agreement, Sotomayer who's a liberal Judge (and who you'd expect to be predisposed to be on the player's / labor's side, ruled that the players had to return to work under the old contract provisions and that would be a disaster for the players.

I just read the deal. Luxury cap is big. They are 26 mil apart. Owners should suck it up and meet them half way

Owners say 29.5 and youíre a free agent. Players want 5 years or 6 years amd 29.5. Whichever is first
    Both sides, suck it up. A guy is automatically a free agents after 6 years of mlb service time or age 28.5

Draft should be based on record but if you tank it and finish at the bottom 5 for 3 straight years, you pick at the back end

Mlbpa suck it up and do the 14 team playoff. Itís going to happen
    I can't seem to find the article, do u have a link. What is the purposed LT, what are each sides at?

Both these sides need to suck it up and get a deal done that allows them to get back to work on time. This sport has already taken huge hits and if the fans get anymore irritated because these sides can't figure it out it will cause long term damage to the sport

Eli Fishman
    @elijfishman
    Per
    @BaseballAmerica
    transaction tracker, the Yankees signed RHP Ryan Weber to a minor league deal. 31 year old with seven seasons in MLB w/ Atlanta, Seattle, Boston, Tampa, and Milwaukee.

Off Season Thread aka The Party is over

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I can't seem to find the article, do u have a link. What is the purposed LT, what are each sides at?

Both these sides need to suck it up and get a deal done that allows them to get back to work on time. This sport has already taken huge hits and if the fans get anymore irritated because these sides can't figure it out it will cause long term damage to the sport
    I think that both sides have spoken to their lawyers and financial advisors, I think both sides know just how long they can continue to bargain in bad faith, and I think both sides have a date where they know now itís time to get down to brass tacks, until then weíll see this
    Believe me they couldnít give a horses stem about the fans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by runnermjr1296; 01-13-2022 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    I think that both sides have spoken to their lawyers and financial advisors, I think both sides know just how long they can continue to bargain in bad faith, and I think both sides have a date where they know now itís time to get down to brass tacks, until then weíll see this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    lets hope

i really like this idea
    if a highly-ranked prospect (within top 150 on prospect lists) plays a full year and finishes top five for a major award like MVP, Cy, RoY his team would get a bonus draft pick

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    i really like this idea
    if a highly-ranked prospect (within top 150 on prospect lists) plays a full year and finishes top five for a major award like MVP, Cy, RoY his team would get a bonus draft pick
    I love it. I also think that player should have an extra year of service time added. So for ROY, they would be considered to have played 2 full seasons when discussing time served for free agency or at least towards arbitration

Ignorance is bliss

I think the owners waited till this point to put the screws to the players. I think the players know this.
    I also believe that the MLBPA is far less shocked and disappointed than the media is suggesting. They knew this would happen. They probably knew the deal before they met.
    The owners are likely ready for what the MLBPA offers.

I would think the MLBPA comes back to the table next week. Then the owners early the following week.
    I think the owners counter offer will truly set the stage. The players have more to lose and the owners know it.

Ignorance is bliss

I think the owners waited till this point to put the screws to the players. I think the players know this.
    I also believe that the MLBPA is far less shocked and disappointed than the media is suggesting. They knew this would happen. They probably knew the deal before they met.
    The owners are likely ready for what the MLBPA offers.

I would think the MLBPA comes back to the table next week. Then the owners early the following week.
    I think the owners counter offer will truly set the stage. The players have more to lose and the owners know it.

I agree with most of this. However, I also believe the owners decided early on that they were going to all do nothing but enjoy the holidays and get back to business by January 15th. I actually think this offer came earlier than expected.

I also think the players are jut being pricks about the 14 playoff teams vs 12 teams, similar to the owners using the universal DH as a weapon. We are talking about one more 2 out of 3 series in each league. I think they are just trying to find some item to use to say that they were willing to negotiate to strike a deal to help with public opinion, which they are losing.

Also, the players are jealous of the owners because the franchise values have gone up and they are not getting their fair share. However, I don't buy into any talk about players being cheated because the franchise value of the teams has risen dramatically. If I'm one of 25 players on (pick a) baseball team and the franchise value of that team has tripled from $1 billion to $3 billion, there is no way that my salary should automatically triple from $2 million to $6 million. Consider the programmer at Apple who is making $200 K and working in a team of 25 toward the next release. If market forces triple Apple's stock from $1 trillion to $3 trillion, there is no way that that programmer automatically should receive a raise from $200 K to $600 K.