Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 192 of 277 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194202242 ... LastLast
Results 2,866 to 2,880 of 4143
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    We are all talking about Olson and thinking about the cost to the farm.
    How about, Schmidt, Wells, Torres?

Torres gives them a young, controlled second baseman and from what I can see, they need that position filled.

DJ moves to second

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post

Torres gives them a young, controlled second baseman and from what I can see, they need that position filled.

DJ moves to second
    I would do this and sign Story to be a stop gap at SS, then bring up Peraza mid year to play SS and move Story to 2B and DJ to 3B. Then depending on Story's contract and Volpe's progression next year, you figure it out with Volpe perhaps at 3B and DJ as a utility player. You might have tremendous flexibility with DJ available for 1B, 2B and 3B and the other 3 available for 2B, SS and 3B. Of course, we trade Voit almost immediately and at some point, we also trade Gio.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I agree about Peraza 100%, i really want to him to be our next long term SS also

The other issue for me is Medina. The last season and a half, his command/ control has improved alot. Guys with 100MPH FB, plus of better CB and a plus CU don't come along very often. Stuff wise he's right up there with Cole and Lo and if his control continues to improve he's going to be a TORP. He could be our long term answer behind Cole. We already gave up Roansy in the Taillon trade and look what he's becoming, Medina has a higher ceiling and is still only 22. My thought is we've been waiting for him this long, why trade him when he's on the door step of fulfilling that potential . IMO i hold onto Medina and Waldichuk and would be willing to trade the other starters that are close.

Nola had his worst season last yr, Gallo, German, Schimdt, Vasquez/Way and another high ceiling lottery ticket should be enough IMO

That should be enough? I think that's way too much.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    I would do this and sign Story to be a stop gap at SS, then bring up Peraza mid year to play SS and move Story to 2B and DJ to 3B. Then depending on Story's contract and Volpe's progression next year, you figure it out with Volpe perhaps at 3B and DJ as a utility player. You might have tremendous flexibility with DJ available for 1B, 2B and 3B and the other 3 available for 2B, SS and 3B. Of course, we trade Voit almost immediately and at some point, we also trade Gio.

Love it!

Ignorance is bliss

peraza is listed at 6 feet 165 pounds you seriously think he will do much at the plate offensively at that weight that would merit him being your everyday starting ss... incredulous..

excellent, sign me up

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    peraza is listed at 6 feet 165 pounds you seriously think he will do much at the plate offensively at that weight that would merit him being your everyday starting ss... incredulous..
    ????? seriously

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    That should be enough? I think that's way too much.
    your right

DJ moves to second
    As much as i would like to give Torres another yr to see if he can figure it out at the plate, now he's moved back to 2nd, I would move him in a heart beat it that deal.

The only issue i see with that is with the A''s trying to lower payroll under 50m, Torres might be a little expensive for them. Maybe a 3 way deal where Torres or any of our other MLB players we maybe looking to move would go to a 3rd team and they would send specs to Oak?? If we could work something like that out I'd be in.

I'm not sure Olsen is worth giving up any of our top 3 and i'm certainly not giving up 3-4 of our top 10 for Olsen, especially when Rizzo is available for just money.

IMO i think the best way to get a discount on Olsen, or any of their other players that we might be interested in like Murphy, Manaea or Montas, is take back Andrus contract. Andrus wouldn't be my first choice or even in the top 10 as a stop gap but depending on how much of a discount it would give us, something to consider IMO

Love the idea, but just one thought. What do you do with O Cabrera ? Switch hitter that can play 2nd, SS and 3rd well, that hit 29hrs last yr in the upper levels.

Completely agree about your idea/plan with Peraza, Volpe, Story and DJ, I'm just curious about what u think they should to with Cabrera?

https://www.nj.com/yankees/2021/12/h...-for-2022.html
    Great article on Volpe and what he's doing to improve over last yr.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/...luke-voit.html

Brewers interested in Voit but im not sure Cain is the return we should be hoping for

3 top 5 specs and another top10? No way in hell do I make that deal for Olson
    I would part with Schmidt, Wells and another top 10 but not that package.

Mush, I take it a step further. I think you get a new CF and Hicks is the 4 OF.
    Oakland wants a strong package.

The four I had named have done nothing for the Yankees. Potential is just potential. We have to start parting with the specs. We are the Yankees and can afford to trade specs. Money covers a lot.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Oakland wants a strong package.

The four I had named have done nothing for the Yankees. Potential is just potential. We have to start parting with the specs. We are the Yankees and can afford to trade specs. Money covers a lot.
    Not those specs, that would be absolutely asinine to trade Volpe and Dom for 2yrs of Olsen. Value wise, Volpe alone would be an overpay for Olsen.

I get trading specs but maybe try and get a realistic assesment of what they are worth and what the player u want to trade for is worth .
    https://www.baseballtradevalues.com/trade-simulator/ this simulator gives a pretty good assessment of what players are worth. It's worth using when proposing trades so they can be somewhat realistic.

Also why in the world would u give up a good portion of our top 10 for Olsen when Rizzo is available for only money?

Running a trade through the sim it accepted a deal of Olsen and Andrus for Flo, German, O Cabrera, Schimdt and Wells.

Flo gives them a MLB ready CFer which they need, Cabrera gives them a versatile switch hitting INF who could play any of 2b, SS, 3b for them from day 1, German and Schmidt gives them 2 high upside young pitchers that could step into there rotation from day 1, Wells gives them an elite LHed bat that could be their 1st base, RFer or possibly C of the future. The A's cut 23-24M from their payroll which is huge for them and they get 4 guys that would go on there roster right away, with another bat to dream on

We get Olsen for 2yrs without giving up the top of our farm. Andrus has 1 yr left on his deal and could be a stop gap till Peraza is ready, hopefully 1-2 months into the season

What do you guys think? according to the sim that is a deal that would be excepted by both teams. Definitely not my first choice but it could work for us. Maybe make it a 3 way deal and send some package of Sanchez, Gio, Voit and Andujar and get Manaea back?
    Last edited by dayners81; 12-13-2021 at 01:03 AM.