Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 191 of 277 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201241 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,865 of 4143
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I'm not upset that we didn't get Verlander, especially at that price. That said, if there were one older pitcher i would have be ok taking a chance on it would have been Verlander. His FB was already 96-97 and his CB/CU reported look very good. Not sorry it didn't workout but i got the idea behind it . I would have rather given Verlander the deal he got than signing Stroman for what he got IMO . Other than Max, which other FA pitcher would u have rather had for the money they got?
    I think we'll have a much better idea about a couple of the pitching specs but if they sign Story I'm sure how much we'll see of Peraza next yr. I would expect Peraza to come up sometime next yr and if Volpe hits like he did this yr, he could force his way onto the roster late in the season
    To be honest and Iíll prob get pelters for this Iím pretty positive on out pitching I feel we have areas of far greater need. Up grading C would surely help but looks a very difficult thing to do. Though im more into great D on the Catching side than offense. Iíd definitely over pay for Story on 1 year and see how Peraza and Volpe far if they boom then great problem to have if bust then Story has full season and chance to earn more years with us. Spend rest of money and potential trade upgrading areas you talked on.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottish View Post
    To be honest and Iíll prob get pelters for this Iím pretty positive on out pitching I feel we have areas of far greater need. Up grading C would surely help but looks a very difficult thing to do. Though im more into great D on the Catching side than offense. Iíd definitely over pay for Story on 1 year and see how Peraza and Volpe far if they boom then great problem to have if bust then Story has full season and chance to earn more years with us. Spend rest of money and potential trade upgrading areas you talked on.
    I'll be getting pelted with you.
    Cole-Sevy-Tallio-German-Monty is average at worst and really good at it's best.
    Sevy and Tallion are question marks for sure but I would rather roll with what is here and ready.
    After those 5 you have,-Nestor-Schmidt-King-Gil-Waldichuck, Medina, Wesneski. Nestor has proven he can pitch as a starter. Gil had some good starts. Schmidt and King had some good looks.
    The more the off season progresses the less I want to do anything aside from 1B, CF and C. A guy or two for the pen would be smart but I am fine rolling with the starters that are already on the team.

I am also all for a youth movement and missing the playoffs if need be.
    I would much rather watch a fun, athletic team who plays hard, smart baseball and miss the playoffs than watch a plodding, boring team get to the playoffs, provided that the team was competitive and ready to take steps to. become legit, long time contenders

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    That's quite the package to get rid of Gallo. The good is that Nola is a solid pitcher making a base salary of 15MM and he has swing and miss stuff. The bad is that is a lot of people going to Philly for Nola. Gotta give to get but if this could be done with that package and not include Peraza I am in.

Randomly he also went to LSU not during the years of LeMahieu but there is that to build on with him and possibly Story.
    I still think that might be an over pay. Gallo is drawing serious interest from at least 3 teams that are willing to give us a legit return. German is still an above avg MLB starter, even though last yr wasn't great. Medina is very close to be MLB ready and if the control improves as much next yr as it did last yr he's going to be better than Nola on his own IMO. Peraza no way, Schmidt ok

Massive, massive over pay IMO
    Quote Originally Posted by RJYANKS12 View Post
    No way. Thatís a ton for a pitcher coming off his worst year.
    Agreed 100% i can't see doing that kinda deal for a guy coming off his worst season, especially when 3 guys in the deal have equal or greater upside and aren't that far away

If we had Suzuki signed, I would offer Gallo, German, Schmidt, Sweeney and 1 of Beck Way, Y Gomez, R Vasquez

Quote Originally Posted by Scottish View Post
    I'll be standing right next to you also. As Clown mentioned the rotation we have at worst is above avg and at best really, really good. I do think we might see them trade a couple pitching specs but that still would leave us a ton of depth.

Sevy, i expect to be very good if he's healthy and i think we'll see a better version of Taillon, especially if we have a better defensive C. I hope what Nestor did is for real but i gotta see him do it again before i will believe he won't turn back into a pumpkin. King is the guy i think we could see really make big strides next yr. His velo went way up touching 98 last yr, his sinker is very good and the CU looks like it's improving. The biggest difference is the Kluber breaking ball he learned when he was rehabbing last yr. That was a very good pitch for him when he got back

With the high level pitching specs we have coming i think the pitching will be fine if they can stay healthy. That said If we could get 1 of the A's pitchers for a reasonable price i think that would be a solid move

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I'll be getting pelted with you.
    Cole-Sevy-Tallio-German-Monty is average at worst and really good at it's best.
    Sevy and Tallion are question marks for sure but I would rather roll with what is here and ready.
    After those 5 you have,-Nestor-Schmidt-King-Gil-Waldichuck, Medina, Wesneski. Nestor has proven he can pitch as a starter. Gil had some good starts. Schmidt and King had some good looks.
    The more the off season progresses the less I want to do anything aside from 1B, CF and C. A guy or two for the pen would be smart but I am fine rolling with the starters that are already on the team.

I am also all for a youth movement and missing the playoffs if need be.
    I would much rather watch a fun, athletic team who plays hard, smart baseball and miss the playoffs than watch a plodding, boring team get to the playoffs, provided that the team was competitive and ready to take steps to. become legit, long time contenders
    right on the mark, completely agree

would anyone have any interest in Bellinger as our 1st baseman ? Rumors are the Dodgers think he needs a change of scenery. He's elite defensively at 1st, CF, LF, maybe a change of scenery would turn the bat back around.

I wouldn't mind giving him a shot at any of those positions honestly. I'd rather see him in CF over Hicks, If they moved on from Gallo he'd offer similar defense and the bat could be better if he could turn it around. I'd much rather Rizzo or Freeman at 1st but if they couldn't get those guys, i think Bellinger could be a very, very interesting buy low option. I do think his bat would improve playing half his games in YS

I'm not sure what he would cost but the Dodgers are looking for pitching both starters and relievers. I have no idea but i wonder if something like 1 of German or King, a BP arm like Abreau or Ridings and a pitching spec like a Vasquez, Way or Schmidt would get it done.

would anyone have any interest in Bellinger as our 1st baseman ? Rumors are the Dodgers think he needs a change of scenery. He's elite defensively at 1st, CF, LF, maybe a change of scenery would turn the bat back around.

I wouldn't mind giving him a shot at any of those positions honestly. I'd rather see him in CF over Hicks, If they moved on from Gallo he'd offer similar defense and the bat could be better if he could turn it around. I'd much rather Rizzo or Freeman at 1st but if they couldn't get those guys, i think Bellinger could be a very, very interesting buy low option. I do think his bat would improve playing half his games in YS

I'm not sure what he would cost but the Dodgers are looking for pitching both starters and relievers. I have no idea but i wonder if something like 1 of German or King, a BP arm like Abreau or Ridings and a pitching spec like a Vasquez, Way or Schmidt would get it done.
    Bellinger has fallen off the earth and batted .165 last season with 10 HRs and is making $19 million. Ordinarily, the Dodgers should pay us to take him. So, my objection would be to trade him something valuable and then pay him to rehabilitate his career and he leaves us after the season. The draw is the upside that he showed a few years ago when he was MVP. So, if I could get around the money somehow, perhaps by adding Hicks to the deal and then I'd do it.

I still think that might be an over pay. Gallo is drawing serious interest from at least 3 teams that are willing to give us a legit return. German is still an above avg MLB starter, even though last yr wasn't great. Medina is very close to be MLB ready and if the control improves as much next yr as it did last yr he's going to be better than Nola on his own IMO. Peraza no way, Schmidt ok

Massive, massive over pay IMO

Agreed 100% i can't see doing that kinda deal for a guy coming off his worst season, especially when 3 guys in the deal have equal or greater upside and aren't that far away

If we had Suzuki signed, I would offer Gallo, German, Schmidt, Sweeney and 1 of Beck Way, Y Gomez, R Vasquez
    I would do the deal for Nola without Peraza. I want him to be our SS.

Yanks are in sad shape when you factor in that they have already invested $220 million with current roster and do not have a viable #2 starter, a decent catcher, no SS, no 1b, no CFer

They need better than Hicks, Sanchez, Sevy, and Voit.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Bellinger has fallen off the earth and batted .165 last season with 10 HRs and is making $19 million. Ordinarily, the Dodgers should pay us to take him. So, my objection would be to trade him something valuable and then pay him to rehabilitate his career and he leaves us after the season. The draw is the upside that he showed a few years ago when he was MVP. So, if I could get around the money somehow, perhaps by adding Hicks to the deal and then I'd do it.
    Makes alot of sense, they both need a change of scenery.

I just brought it up because i heard the Dodgers almost non tendered him. If nothing else Bellinger would offer elite defense a multiple positions. If the cost was right and they could off set some of the money, i could see him being a potential fall back option for multiple positions. I'd rather take a chance on Bellinger than Hicks in CF. He's athletic, plays GG caliber defense and has power.

If they miss out on Freeman, Olsen and Rizzo i'd rather see Bellinger at 1st that Voit or DJ. Maybe the change of scenery and playing half his games in a ball park would help him find his swing again. He definitely wouldn't be my 1st option but could make an interesting fall back option.

I really want to see this team get better defensively, good defense on this team has been ignored in favor for a a power bat has gone on too long IMO. If nothing else Bellinger would be an improvement that way in either CF or 1st. Judge, Bellinger and Gallo would be a very good defensive outfield

I would do the deal for Nola without Peraza. I want him to be our SS.
    I agree about Peraza 100%, i really want to him to be our next long term SS also

The other issue for me is Medina. The last season and a half, his command/ control has improved alot. Guys with 100MPH FB, plus of better CB and a plus CU don't come along very often. Stuff wise he's right up there with Cole and Lo and if his control continues to improve he's going to be a TORP. He could be our long term answer behind Cole. We already gave up Roansy in the Taillon trade and look what he's becoming, Medina has a higher ceiling and is still only 22. My thought is we've been waiting for him this long, why trade him when he's on the door step of fulfilling that potential . IMO i hold onto Medina and Waldichuk and would be willing to trade the other starters that are close.

Nola had his worst season last yr, Gallo, German, Schimdt, Vasquez/Way and another high ceiling lottery ticket should be enough IMO

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Yanks are in sad shape when you factor in that they have already invested $220 million with current roster and do not have a viable #2 starter, a decent catcher, no SS, no 1b, no CFer

They need better than Hicks, Sanchez, Sevy, and Voit.
    Healthy Sevy is a legit #2 starter, he's always performed at a very high level when he's been healthy. Monty was very good last yr, Taillon pitched like a number 2 for the better part of the summer. Nestor performed like a number 2 from the day he went into the rotation. We have 3-4 pitching specs in AAA, that if a couple things click for anyone of them, they could be a TORP very quickly.
    While i don't think they HAVE to do anything with the rotation, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they got one of the A's pitchers. I'm not that crazy about Bassit but either Manaea or Montas would be quality additions to the rotation. I'd love to see Manaea work with Blake. If Blake could help his with a Sinker/ 2 seam and improve his CU like he has done with quite a few of our pitchers already, I think Manaea could be next yr's Robbie Ray

I'm not sold on the cost for Nola but if he returned to his form before last yr he would be a hell of an addition also.

I don't think we have to do anything but i wouldn't be against it if they did

I also disagree about SS, Peraza from day 1 will provide elite defense and at minimum provide league avg offense. When you factor in his athleticism, speed and what he'll provide on the bases, I think we could live with a few growing pains while he adjust to MLB pitching. He's adjusted very quickly to the pitching at every level he's been at and tore up AA. It may take him 100-150 ABS but with his advanced about, elite barrel to the ball skills, his ability to drive the ball the other way and that he can steal a hit here and there by out running the ball i don't see him being a negative, even while he's adjusting . I think he's going to be a very special player in the very near future.
    Worst case they could go with Gio at SS till he's ready. I also believe that Story on a short term deal is a strong possibility.

I will be shocked if they don't get a legit 1st baseman. If they don't sign Freeman, i think they'll probably resign Rizzo or get Olsen. As i mentioned before Bellinger wouldn't be the worst option there either. Worst case DJ will end up there.

Catcher, they absolutely agree they need to do something there. The problem catching in general isn't good around baseball and upgrading is much easier said than done. There are no FA C's that are upgrades so they will have to find one on the trade market. Murphy is available and would be a huge upgrade defensively, Contreras is available and is as good offensively as Sanchez and slightly above avg defensively. The other guy that I really wouldn't be surprised if we got is Carson Kelley. They have a young catcher who they are going to go with so Kelley is available and likely wouldn't cost that much

I do think they will do something else in CF, Hick just isn't that guy anymore. They really like Suzuki who could be had for a reasonable contract, 4yrs 60M should get that done. Reynolds will cost Dom plus but would be worth it. K Marte is available, probably wouldn't cost us any of our top 3 and would be a massive upgrade. Any of those 3 would be excellent upgrades. Again Bellinger as a fall back option for CF wouldn't be my first choice but would still be an upgrade over Hicks, he's still elite defensively and if he rediscover the bat, that would be huge.

he had serious injuries the shoulder then a rib fracture.. but we saw he had huge hits in the playoffs i would take bellinger in a heartbeat he is young and will get over the injuries he had... i think it is foolish to think the dodgers will let bellinger go after the injuries he had last year..
    Last edited by johnny ny; 12-12-2021 at 01:25 AM.

To get Olsen it is going to cost a lot.

But ok, then trade Dominguez, Volpe, Wells, Schmidt to Oakland for Olsen.

Or resign Rizzo for 2/3 years and get Simmons for SS.

Trevor Story has issues with his throwing arm. We donít need that problem with his salary.

And we need a good backup for Hicks. I just donít trust him staying healthy. Or sign Suzuki on a 5 yr deal and take the chance that he can man centerfield. Scouts are saying he would be able to hit major league pitching with no problem on a consistent basis.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    To get Olsen it is going to cost a lot.

But ok, then trade Dominguez, Volpe, Wells, Schmidt to Oakland for Olsen.

Or resign Rizzo for 2/3 years and get Simmons for SS.

Trevor Story has issues with his throwing arm. We donít need that problem with his salary.

And we need a good backup for Hicks. I just donít trust him staying healthy. Or sign Suzuki on a 5 yr deal and take the chance that he can man centerfield. Scouts are saying he would be able to hit major league pitching with no problem on a consistent basis.
    3 top 5 specs and another top10? No way in hell do I make that deal for Olson
    I would part with Schmidt, Wells and another top 10 but not that package.

Mush, I take it a step further. I think you get a new CF and Hicks is the 4 OF.

Ignorance is bliss