Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 76 of 173 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 2584
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Day, has your source heard anything about Seager? I hear he's the Yankees top target around 9/10 years. Then turn and flip some high end middle infield prospects for some high quality starters and a lefty batting first baseman.

Obviously everything is speculation at this point, but seems to be a common talking point lately.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He said the general feeling he is getting around the Yanks org is they are preparing something in the range of 9yrs 280m, which is just over 31M AAV

He also said that if they signed a premiere SS that the belief is that 2 of Volpe, Peraza, Cabrera and Sweeney would likely be made available to fill other needs. He mentioned that we could probably expect to hear Peraza and 1 of Gil, Schmidt or Medina plus for Olsen and that deal could expand significantly to include Manaea

He also brought up that Cleveland will likely be looking to move 1 or both of J Ram and Beiber. In a move for 1 of those guys he said that they could be willing to move Volpe.

He also mentioned, if Seager doesn't resign with the Dodgers, there is some talk around a possible Torres for Bellinger frame work of a trade. With Jansen and Kelley being FA he also mentioned the possibility that a Chapman could be included for another bigger contract like Pollack or using some of our reliever depth to help make a deal. Change of scenery type trade that could help both teams. Bellinger plays 1st/CF and if Seager leaves Torres could take over 2nd with Turner moving to SS. Both Torres and Bellinger had pretty bad seasons last yr so a change of scenery might help.

He doesn;t work for Cashman but he is a part of their scouting team, so take it for whatever it's worth. He did say that all the secondary moves were dependent on the new CBA and them signing one of those premier SS
    Last edited by dayners81; 10-28-2021 at 01:55 AM.

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    He said the general feeling he is getting around the Yanks org is they are preparing something in the range of 9yrs 280m, which is just over 31M AAV

He also said that if they signed a premiere SS that the belief is that 2 of Volpe, Peraza, Cabrera and Sweeney would likely be made available to fill other needs. He mentioned that we could probably expect to hear Peraza and 1 of Gil, Schmidt or Medina plus for Olsen and that deal could expand significantly to include Manaea

He also brought up that Cleveland will likely be looking to move 1 or both of J Ram and Beiber. In a move for 1 of those guys he said that they could be willing to move Volpe.

He doesn;t work for Cashman but he is a part of their scouting team, so take it for whatever it's worth. He did say that all the secondary moves were dependent on the new CBA and them signing one of those premier SS
    I think if any of those moves came true, it would be a pretty solid off season. Luke warm on Seager, defense is meh but high contact lefty bat would be welcomed. Would like it really if it opened up the trades and helped improve the team at 1B/P

If they did that and then pulled off a trade for J-ram(switch hitter) and Justin Bieber? Holy hell I think I'd pee myself.

Cole/Beeb/Sevy/Monty/XXX, that would be a hell of a rotation and a huge upgrade to the offense

Hicks(CF)
    Judge(RF)
    J-Ram(3B)
    Stanton(LF/DH)
    Seager(SS)
    Torres(2B)
    1B(DJ maybe?)
    Sanchez(C)
    DH: Rotated.

Deep productive line up for sure.

Last edited by OhSoSlick; 10-28-2021 at 12:39 AM.
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

I think if any of those moves came true, it would be a pretty solid off season. Luke warm on Seager, defense is meh but high contact lefty bat would be welcomed. Would like it really if it opened up the trades and helped improve the team at 1B/P

If they did that and then pulled off a trade for J-ram(switch hitter) and Justin Bieber? Holy hell I think I'd pee myself.

Cole/Beeb/Sevy/Monty/XXX, that would be a hell of a rotation and a huge upgrade to the offense

Hicks(CF)
    Judge(RF)
    J-Ram(3B)
    Stanton(LF/DH)
    Seager(SS)
    Torres(2B)
    1B(DJ maybe?)
    Sanchez(C)

Maybe Bellinger at 1st and DJ back to 2nd?

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Maybe Bellinger at 1st and DJ back to 2nd?
    Where is Torres going? Unless he's going in a trade?

Bellinger isn't a FA until 24? Who is being traded to the dodge for him?

He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

How is Correa not injury prone? he's only played over 110 games plus in 2 seasons. He's had multiple back injuries, hand ligament issues, rib and leg issues
    Correa is very injury prone. But when Oct comes the injuries disappear and the production begins.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    I either go with dj at first or I trade for Olson and manea .
    Forget the DJ 1b crap. We need a true 1b that is a lefty. Rizzo, Freeman, OlsenÖ.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Hicks(CF)
    Judge(RF)
    J-Ram(3B)
    Stanton(LF/DH)
    Seager(SS)
    Torres(2B)
    1B(DJ maybe?)
    Sanchez(C)

Looks nice and then we wake up in April 2022 and see the same crap as in April 2021.

Hal will see the arbitration numbers increase and then get too nervous to open up the checkbook.

All I see is this for 2022

1. DJ 3b
    2. Judge RF
    3. Rizzo 1b
    4. Stanton DH
    5. Hicks CF
    6. Gallo LF
    7. Urshela SS
    8. Torres 2b
    9. Sanchez C

If they can stay healthy for the most part that lineup can be productive.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang

Hicks(CF)
    Judge(RF)
    J-Ram(3B)
    Stanton(LF/DH)
    Seager(SS)
    Torres(2B)
    1B(DJ maybe?)
    Sanchez(C)

If that happened, something would come out of the same organ for me, but it wouldn't be pee.

Ignorance is bliss

this is also what u said, u are worried about Seagers injury history in the first 5yrs of a long term deal. I asked how is Correa not injury prone ?
    He's not because Posada likes him more

Ignorance is bliss

also says "the sample size of position players who have come back from the procedure is so small itís difficult to say what, exactly, a position playerís recovery from Tommy John should look like."

There is nothing conclusive in that article other than both pitchers and position players don't have nearly as good of a season the yr following their surgery's
    SB nation is very, very reliable and accurate.

"The only evidence available suggests that UCL injuries may affect position players more deeply than we think."
    "May effect". inconclusive. More deeply- general and nonspecific

Based on what Posada said, 20% or 1 out of 5 guys haven't returned

https://tht.fangraphs.com/tommy-john...in-the-majors/

The final, most recent, era consists of 62 pitchers, of whom 42 are still active. Once again, the return rates are shown as a range of potential outcomes, which is relatively massive given the recency of the surgeries and the number of pitchers involved.

Day, help with math, is 30% failing to return more or less than 20%? From this tiny bit of info (which goes o to state that the range of "Return" is very variable.) It looks like pitchers have a tougher time.

Ignorance is bliss

I just saw this on Yanksgoyard, what a lineup this would be

Marte- CF
    Judge- RF
    Olson- 1rst
    Stanton DH
    Correa- SS
    Gallo- LF
    Sanchez-C
    Torres-2nd
    DJ-3rd

I would actually argue that you could make that better by another trade that net you J Ramirez

Marte-CF
    Judge-RF
    Olson-1st
    Stanton-DH
    J Ram-3rd
    Correa-SS
    Gallo-LF
    Sanchez-C
    DJ-2nd

I want to see Peraza as the SS for the next decade but it is looking less and less likely.

Peraza, Wesneski, Sweeney, Pereira +, to get you Olson
    Volpe, Cabrera, Schmidt+, to get you J Ram
    Torres, Gio and Medina +, to get you Marte.

If you are going to blow it up. Blow it up. If it's the current roster? Blow it up and start over.
    If it's the farm? Blow it up and start over.

Don't go half way
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 10-28-2021 at 10:04 AM.

Ignorance is bliss

Definitely not in favor of throwing a huge long term deal at one of these SS.

Rather make moves to upgrade elsewhere, and go with a solid glove at SS for now. Or a short term deal for Story. And keep hope alive for one of our prospects to move up.

Clown, Marte, Olson, JRam = approximately $80-90M? Arb raises another $80M in salary? Hal is going for a $260M-$300M payroll and empty the farm?

Love it, but is it even within the realm of possibility?

ps. forgot Correa, add another $30-35M.

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Looks nice and then we wake up in April 2022 and see the same crap as in April 2021.

Hal will see the arbitration numbers increase and then get too nervous to open up the checkbook.

All I see is this for 2022

1. DJ 3b
    2. Judge RF
    3. Rizzo 1b
    4. Stanton DH
    5. Hicks CF
    6. Gallo LF
    7. Urshela SS
    8. Torres 2b
    9. Sanchez C

If they can stay healthy for the most part that lineup can be productive.
    Sanchez being back next season is total crap .

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Definitely not in favor of throwing a huge long term deal at one of these SS.

Rather make moves to upgrade elsewhere, and go with a solid glove at SS for now. Or a short term deal for Story. And keep hope alive for one of our prospects to move up.
    I highly doubt story takes less than 4 or 5 years and I say no to that