Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 74 of 159 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 2372
    ^^^^Asked and answered more than once.

Quote Originally Posted by IceHawk-181 View Post
    I do not necessarily disagree with the monetary side of this, but that being said at this point I am tired of the Yankees acting like they have budget constraints.

Hal wants a lean and efficient franchise like Tampa.

I hate Tampa.

I want the Yankees to act like the Yankees.

Pay the players so I can complain about not getting tickets to the stadium in October because they are sold out.

Not because the lights are off.
    Agreed . Tired of hearing “ cost effective “ this and that . This is a freakin multi billion dollar team in ny not the rays .

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    https://nypost.com/2021/10/26/corey-...carlos-correa/

nonsense article ...i don't care about any scandal i would want correa on my team..correa is a much better player and fit then seager both offensively and defensively.. / i do not get this love for seager.. if he was that important why are the dodgers not trying to sign him..
    I agree . I am not giving a long term deal to yet another player who has had tj surgery in Seager . If I am gonna give big money to a ss then it has to be Correa .

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang

nonsense article ...i don't care about any scandal i would want correa on my team..correa is a much better player and fit then seager both offensively and defensively.. / i do not get this love for seager.. if he was that important why are the dodgers not trying to sign him..
    Holy crap, really?
    .277/356 obp. OPS-837. OPS+ 127
    or
    297/367 obp. OPS-870. OPS+ 131. (Ks at a lower rate)

Who looks better there? Add to that Seager is a lefty bat.

Oh yeah you have a tiny boner for HRs ant and that is your offensive standard. Which is why you love Gallo. All he does is hit HRs.

Now if the Yankees didn't have Stanton or Judge? Sure, I might roll with Correa.

Oh and for Seager not being important? He was important enough to win the WS MVP and the NLCS MVP. Correa wasn't

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Holy crap, really?
    .277/356 obp. OPS-837. OPS+ 127
    or
    297/367 obp. OPS-870. OPS+ 131. (Ks at a lower rate)

Who looks better there? Add to that Seager is a lefty bat.

Oh yeah you have a tiny boner for HRs ant and that is your offensive standard. Which is why you love Gallo. All he does is hit HRs.

Now if the Yankees didn't have Stanton or Judge? Sure, I might roll with Correa.

Oh and for Seager not being important? He was important enough to win the WS MVP and the NLCS MVP. Correa wasn't
    Bottom line , a guy with tj surgery in his past and is not as good defensively as Correa is not worth going long term with .

Personally I like Correa. I have no issues. I do find it ironic that steroid abusers are ok but not a primo SS from a team accused of cheating.

I don't believe Hal digs that deep. The arb raises alone are close to $80M. However if he is going to spend this is an opportune moment. The luxury tax is reset and it's anyones guess what the new CBA will bring. I would assume the luxury tax threshold may approach $220M? Or it's possible if enough of the large market owners have had enough they MAY collectively bargain it out of existence?

I have never been a proponent of the "ain't my money" school of fiscal management. Although I do tend to support the players in labor negotiations, I can empathize with a large market owner who is continuously filling the coffers of the competition in the name of competitive balance. Tampa is the new darling of the MLB. Rightfully so, they do things well on multiple levels. Many organizations are trying to emulate their process and /or hire their FO execs. But we shouldn't forget they got to that vaulted status with the aid and assistance of MLB welfare system. Rays have historically received $60-70M annually. From 2017-19, the Marlins, Rays and Brewers were the top three recipients of revenue-sharing dollars.

As mentioned in previous thread, if you have a luxury tax threshold there should also be a floor. It would also be advantageous if the MLB did a bit more due diligence to insure that revenue sharing dollars are going to the product on the field not stashed in private Cayman Island accounts.

rant off.

Worth noting Tampa's total payroll during the period mentioned, $23.8M - $80M. They essentially had their entire payroll covered by revenue sharing!

The Yankees end up chipping in nearly 20% of their gross local revenue (using Forbes’ 2018 estimate of $712 million), while teams like the Marlins and Rays increase their local take by over 50%. https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeoza...h=f253ff469b2e

The CBA explicitly states that “each Club shall use its revenue sharing receipts…in an effort to improve its performance on the field.”
    Last edited by drt1010; 10-27-2021 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Personally I like Correa. I have no issues. I do find it ironic that steroid abusers are ok but not a primo SS from a team accused of cheating.

I don't believe Hal digs that deep. The arb raises alone are close to $80M. However if he is going to spend this is an opportune moment. The luxury tax is reset and it's anyones guess what the new CBA will bring. I would assume the luxury tax threshold may approach $220M? Or it's possible if enough of the large market owners have had enough they MAY collectively bargain it out of existence?

I have never been a proponent of the "ain't my money" school of fiscal management. Although I do tend to support the players in labor negotiations, I can empathize with a large market owner who is continuously filling the coffers of the competition in the name of competitive balance. Tampa is the new darling of the MLB. Rightfully so, they do things well on multiple levels. Many organizations are trying to emulate their process and /or hire their FO execs. But we shouldn't forget they got to that vaulted status with the aid and assistance of MLB welfare system. Rays have historically received $60-70M annually. From 2017-19, the Marlins, Rays and Brewers were the top three recipients of revenue-sharing dollars.

As mentioned in previous thread, if you have a luxury tax threshold there should also be a floor. It would also be advantageous if the MLB did a bit more due diligence to insure that revenue sharing dollars are going to the product on the field not stashed in private Cayman Island accounts.

rant off.
    Can’t argue with you on that . I expect the yanks to go after a cheap stop gap instead this off season as well

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Can’t argue with you on that . I expect the yanks to go after a cheap stop gap instead this off season as well
    Truthfully Jorge, you could argue about anything.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Bottom line , a guy with tj surgery in his past and is not as good defensively as Correa is not worth going long term with .

I wouldn't go long term. 5-7 max for either. That will likely not get I done. Seager's surgery was in 2018. I am not concerned. Other's may be, so be it.
    This team needs contact lefty bats. He will likely be quite a bit cheaper than Correa.

Didn't you just say not to worry about the back end of the deals?

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I wouldn't go long term. 5-7 max for either. That will likely not get I done. Seager's surgery was in 2018. I am not concerned. Other's may be, so be it.
    This team needs contact lefty bats. He will likely be quite a bit cheaper than Correa.

Didn't you just say not to worry about the back end of the deals?
    They also need good defense at ss and Seager is not that good defensively . And my concerns with Seager’s health is for the first 5 years of that big contract , not the last 4 or 5 years of it . A guy who has had tj surgery and back issues at such a young age is not a good candidate for aging well at high demand positions like ss and 3b . Again I rather sacrifice a little offense for better defense and get Correa . Especially if they are both gonna get similar deals

How is Correa not injury prone? he's only played over 110 games plus in 2 seasons. He's had multiple back injuries, hand ligament issues, rib and leg issues

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    How is Correa not injury prone? he's only played over 110 games plus in 2 seasons. He's had multiple back injuries, hand ligament issues, rib and leg issues
    He hasn’t had tj surgery yet and positional players recover differently long term than pitchers do . Correa is also better defensively than Seager as well . And as I said before I rather sacrifice a little offense for better defense . And in this case there is not a lot offensively to sacrifice .

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Here's a problem that needs to be rectified. I think we need to beef up our coaching staff.

After losing 4 coaches, the entire Yankees coaching staff consists of a Manager and 6 other coaches. So they went last year with a Manager and 10 coaches and now on top of that have no 1B, 3B or hitting coaches.

By contrast, the San Francisco Giants, winner of 107 regular season games had a Manager and 16 coaches. 6 more coaches all last year, which has now obviously temporarily ballooned to 10. They even have two extra ML Assistant coaches, etc. Whereas, Cashman said they need a stronger coach than 3B coach Nevin advising Boone. The Giants actually had two of them in addition to their 3B coach

The New York Yankees Manager and Coaches:

Aaron Boone Manager
    Carlos Mendoza Bench Coach
    Matt Blake Pitching Coach
    Mike Harkey Bullpen Coach
    Tanner Swanson Quality Control and Catching Coach
    Radley Haddad Bullpen Catcher/Coaching Assistant
    Brett Weber Coaching Assistant/Instant Replay Coordinator

The San Franciso Giants Manager & Coaches:

Gabe Kapler Manager
    Craig Albernaz Bullpen/Catching Coach
    Andrew Bailey Pitching Coach
    Brian Bannister Director of Pitching
    Kai Correa Bench/Infield Coach
    Donnie Ecker Hitting Coach
    Dustin Lind Hitting Coach
    J.P. Martinez Assistant Pitching Coach
    Nick Ortiz Quality Assurance Coach
    Antoan Richardson First Base Coach
    Justin Viele Hitting Coach
    Ron Wotus Third Base Coach
    Mark Hallberg Major League Assistant Coach
    Alyssa Nakken Major League Assistant Coach
    Taira Uematsu Bullpen Catcher
    Brant Whiting Bullpen Catcher
    Fernando Perez Coach/Video
    I agree with all of this so much.

It also goes a very long way to explain why we have seen so much talent come up, be stars their first couple yrs and then start to regress.

With as much as they spend on coaches and scouts for the MILB, and those coaches do a hell of a job, it surprises me they don't have many more and better coaches for the MLB club.

A good bench coach like Pena, who should have never been let go and thats when Sanchez started regressing, Ron Washington, ect are so valuable to good teams. They absolutely have to go and get much better coaches than they have had since Boone has been a manager

He hasn’t had tj surgery yet and positional players recover differently long term than pitchers do . Correa is also better defensively than Seager as well . And as I said before I rather sacrifice a little offense for better defense . And in this case there is not a lot offensively to sacrifice .
    Look at those goal post run, that wasn't remotely close to what i asked. How is Correa not injury prone? He torn his thumb ligament when he was in the MILB, He only played in 99 games in 15, 109 in 17, 110 in 18, and only 75 in 19. All those season were between his ages 20-25 seasons. Wouldn't signing him to a 10yr plus deal at lets say a minimum of 30M AAV which is at the very low end of what it will take, concern you because of his injury history? Why bring in another 30m injury risk when we already have Judge and Stanton who are injury prone

Your right about position players recovering long term differently than pitchers. Pitchers usually continue to have arm issues as 99% of pitchers do, body injuries like chronic low back problems seem to affect position players much more, especially as they age.

quick question, would u consider Correa or Seager athletic because they have both missed alot of time to injury? asking for a friend

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Look at those goal post run, that wasn't remotely close to what i asked. How is Correa not injury prone? He torn his thumb ligament when he was in the MILB, He only played in 99 games in 15, 109 in 17, 110 in 18, and only 75 in 19. All those season were between his ages 20-25 seasons. Wouldn't signing him to a 10yr plus deal at lets say a minimum of 30M AAV which is at the very low end of what it will take, concern you because of his injury history? Why bring in another 30m injury risk when we already have Judge and Stanton who are injury prone

Your right about position players recovering long term differently than pitchers. Pitchers usually continue to have arm issues as 99% of pitchers do, body injuries like chronic low back problems seem to affect position players much more, especially as they age.

quick question, would u consider Correa or Seager athletic because they have both missed alot of time to injury? asking for a friend
    [emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122]

Correa: From 2015 to 2021(7 years) he played over 110 games twice.

Seager: From 2015 to 2021(7 years) he played over 130 games three times.

Definitely not athletes.

Hicks from 2013-2021(9 years) he played over 120 games twice(for comparison)

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by OhSoSlick; 10-27-2021 at 06:27 PM.
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.