Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 73 of 158 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 2368
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by jango2000 View Post
    I actually prefer signing Seager to Correa. We need good lefty bats in Yankee Stadium and I think in a couple of years when one of our kids is ready to takeover at SS, Correa naturally slides over to third.
    We are in a bit of a muddle with the Stanton contract and Judge waiting for his payoff. That Stanton deal runs forever and while I'm really enjoying him now, he's gonna be in a wheelchair by the end of that deal. Let's hope we can keep him in the outfield for a couple more years to max his value. Cole to me is the cost of buying an ace.
    Overall, this current team is a head scratcher. They're not elite. They're super talented and woefully inconsistent. And bringing back Boone was just absolutely insane to me. This team is horribly prepared and that is on the coaching staff. Has anybody looked at the article on the way Ron Washington prepares the Braves infield? We need some of that! Our reliance on clearly mediocre analytics is a bit of a joke. We need some old school grinders who drill defensive skills into the player. We don't need more computer readouts, we need more fungo bats!
    And we need to find a way to develop players. Sanchez was a world class talent. Hell, we were offered Realmuto in a straight up swap and we turned it down! How did it go so wrong? Surely, a top organization could find a way to develop him. Same in many ways with Gleyber who looks like he circling the drain the last two years with his bat.
    Again, better coaching needs to be part of the system! So much so that it doesn't matter who the coach is, this is the way we do things here. We drill our players until they can make these plays in their sleep.
    I'm done.
    I agree totally on Seager over Correa and for the same reasons. (If Torres does not get better at the plate while playing second, he could also be moved and Seager easily slide to second.)
    If they could move Stanton, they need to sell high.
    They should but won't, move Gallo and Odor.

I don't think this team is super talented. I think they have some guys who are super talented at one or two things. DJ and Judge are the only 2 guys I see as really talented as all around players. Stanton can rake. Gallo is a good athlete who can hit the ball very far when he manages to hit it. Torres and Gio? Both solid players but not overly talented. Torres has potential but we haven't seen that side of him in two seasons. Gary has a ton of talent and no brain to use it. (No kick in the arse to get him to use the brain either and that's on Boone and Cash). Hicks is a good player but not a great talent.
    We are sold the idea of "such a talented group" but they really aren't

The reason? Your last comment. They do not continue development of their players. Even if they develop guys in the minors, they don't do it at the major league level. If you want your young talent or any talent for that matter, to live up to potential, you have to keep developing them.
    They are piss poor a that

Ignorance is bliss

Here's a problem that needs to be rectified. I think we need to beef up our coaching staff.

After losing 4 coaches, the entire Yankees coaching staff consists of a Manager and 6 other coaches. So they went last year with a Manager and 10 coaches and now on top of that have no 1B, 3B or hitting coaches.

By contrast, the San Francisco Giants, winner of 107 regular season games had a Manager and 16 coaches. 6 more coaches all last year, which has now obviously temporarily ballooned to 10. They even have two extra ML Assistant coaches, etc. Whereas, Cashman said they need a stronger coach than 3B coach Nevin advising Boone. The Giants actually had two of them in addition to their 3B coach

The New York Yankees Manager and Coaches:

Aaron Boone Manager
    Carlos Mendoza Bench Coach
    Matt Blake Pitching Coach
    Mike Harkey Bullpen Coach
    Tanner Swanson Quality Control and Catching Coach
    Radley Haddad Bullpen Catcher/Coaching Assistant
    Brett Weber Coaching Assistant/Instant Replay Coordinator

The San Franciso Giants Manager & Coaches:

Gabe Kapler Manager
    Craig Albernaz Bullpen/Catching Coach
    Andrew Bailey Pitching Coach
    Brian Bannister Director of Pitching
    Kai Correa Bench/Infield Coach
    Donnie Ecker Hitting Coach
    Dustin Lind Hitting Coach
    J.P. Martinez Assistant Pitching Coach
    Nick Ortiz Quality Assurance Coach
    Antoan Richardson First Base Coach
    Justin Viele Hitting Coach
    Ron Wotus Third Base Coach
    Mark Hallberg Major League Assistant Coach
    Alyssa Nakken Major League Assistant Coach
    Taira Uematsu Bullpen Catcher
    Brant Whiting Bullpen Catcher
    Fernando Perez Coach/Video

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Here's a problem that needs to be rectified. I think we need to beef up our coaching staff.

After losing 4 coaches, the entire Yankees coaching staff consists of a Manager and 6 other coaches. So they went last year with a Manager and 10 coaches and now on top of that have no 1B, 3B or hitting coaches.

By contrast, the San Francisco Giants, winner of 107 regular season games had a Manager and 16 coaches. 6 more coaches all last year, which has now obviously temporarily ballooned to 10. They even have two extra ML Assistant coaches, etc. Whereas, Cashman said they need a stronger coach than 3B coach Nevin advising Boone. The Giants actually had two of them in addition to their 3B coach

The New York Yankees Manager and Coaches:

Aaron Boone Manager
    Carlos Mendoza Bench Coach
    Matt Blake Pitching Coach
    Mike Harkey Bullpen Coach
    Tanner Swanson Quality Control and Catching Coach
    Radley Haddad Bullpen Catcher/Coaching Assistant
    Brett Weber Coaching Assistant/Instant Replay Coordinator

The San Franciso Giants Manager & Coaches:

Gabe Kapler Manager
    Craig Albernaz Bullpen/Catching Coach
    Andrew Bailey Pitching Coach
    Brian Bannister Director of Pitching
    Kai Correa Bench/Infield Coach
    Donnie Ecker Hitting Coach
    Dustin Lind Hitting Coach
    J.P. Martinez Assistant Pitching Coach
    Nick Ortiz Quality Assurance Coach
    Antoan Richardson First Base Coach
    Justin Viele Hitting Coach
    Ron Wotus Third Base Coach
    Mark Hallberg Major League Assistant Coach
    Alyssa Nakken Major League Assistant Coach
    Taira Uematsu Bullpen Catcher
    Brant Whiting Bullpen Catcher
    Fernando Perez Coach/Video
    And this is why we don't develop our major leaguers. And why we have a ****** defense. Because Hal and Cashman cut corners. Jeez, we should have an army of infield coaches just grinding on Sanchez and Torres. I'd say Voit as well but he's too injured to do any infield drills.
    POPS - Crotona Park - 1952

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I agree totally on Seager over Correa and for the same reasons. (If Torres does not get better at the plate while playing second, he could also be moved and Seager easily slide to second.)
    If they could move Stanton, they need to sell high.
    They should but won't, move Gallo and Odor.

I don't think this team is super talented. I think they have some guys who are super talented at one or two things. DJ and Judge are the only 2 guys I see as really talented as all around players. Stanton can rake. Gallo is a good athlete who can hit the ball very far when he manages to hit it. Torres and Gio? Both solid players but not overly talented. Torres has potential but we haven't seen that side of him in two seasons. Gary has a ton of talent and no brain to use it. (No kick in the arse to get him to use the brain either and that's on Boone and Cash). Hicks is a good player but not a great talent.
    We are sold the idea of "such a talented group" but they really aren't

The reason? Your last comment. They do not continue development of their players. Even if they develop guys in the minors, they don't do it at the major league level. If you want your young talent or any talent for that matter, to live up to potential, you have to keep developing them.
    They are piss poor a that
    Yeah, you're correct, Clown. I was buying the hype. But I do think Torres is a super talent. As was Frazier before concussions. But Johnnyi has a goood point. Beef up the coaching staff. They need to be turned into grinders who think defense.

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Day, with Yankee money they can build any team that they wish. They just chose not going in that direction anymore. They are a cash cow and can cover up a lot of mistakes with that money.
    Hal loves cutting corners. It's a point of pride with him being under the luxury tax threshold. They have more money than any sports franchise in history. Give the fans what they crave. Buy some players and some extra infield coaches, you cheap effing billionaire c***s!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    thats a guy u go to war with
    Our players are complete opposite of what Morton is. Hang nails keep our players out.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I can’t get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

I think it is funny on how most on here think Seager or Correa will be our SS in 2022.

You are all not even close….

Hal doesn’t operate that way. You have to wait for 2 more years before a spending spree. He has to pay the current players first and that is Judge…

What is Cole, Judge, Stanton going to do to the overall payroll? Then add Correa or Seager?

That would be over $100 million on just 4 players.

Stop gaps will be the player of choice for a few years. And Toronto will dominate the AL East for the next 4/5 years anyway.

I think they need to change their core with an overhaul for a new mix because the current core is not working out very well and that window is about to close. They blew their chances from 2017-2021 IMO anyway. Blame cheating, blame Boone, blame whatever…the fact is they couldn’t beat Houston, Tampa or Boston in Oct with the current core. Now add in Toronto who is going to be even better as they are going for it all in the next 4/5 years with that current core that they have. They will get that ACE and it will be lights out for the Yankees if they don’t do anything with a breakup of their current core.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 10-27-2021 at 08:43 AM.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I can’t get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

These so called experts are never correct with their predictions. I can’t see Hal allowing this to even happen. He would rather have Urshela play SS with his salary.

Funny, cause I know someone else that isn't very good with predictions.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    original unedited version
    -
    Yeah that was after dj signed . After dj signed cash man only had enough to get some pitching . Dj signed on Jan 27th

edited
    Yeah that was before dj signed . After dj signed cash man only had enough to get some pitching . Dj signed on Jan 27th

LMAO!!! He didn't move the goal posts. He tore then completely down.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Damn and here I thought Doc was his daddy. Maybe it's Day after all.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

I think maybe he has more than one daddy.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

I think it is funny on how most on here think Seager or Correa will be our SS in 2022.

You are all not even close….

Hal doesn’t operate that way. You have to wait for 2 more years before a spending spree. He has to pay the current players first and that is Judge…

What is Cole, Judge, Stanton going to do to the overall payroll? Then add Correa or Seager?

That would be over $100 million on just 4 players.

Stop gaps will be the player of choice for a few years. And Toronto will dominate the AL East for the next 4/5 years anyway.

I think they need to change their core with an overhaul for a new mix because the current core is not working out very well and that window is about to close. They blew their chances from 2017-2021 IMO anyway. Blame cheating, blame Boone, blame whatever…the fact is they couldn’t beat Houston, Tampa or Boston in Oct with the current core. Now add in Toronto who is going to be even better as they are going for it all in the next 4/5 years with that current core that they have. They will get that ACE and it will be lights out for the Yankees if they don’t do anything with a breakup of their current core.
    I never said they were getting either Correa or Seager . I only said they should get correa if they are gonna spend on a ss. I honestly expect them to go cheap there .
    Last edited by Posada20; 10-27-2021 at 11:47 AM.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by jango2000 View Post
    Yeah, you're correct, Clown. I was buying the hype. But I do think Torres is a super talent. As was Frazier before concussions. But Johnnyi has a goood point. Beef up the coaching staff. They need to be turned into grinders who think defense.
    I think Torres has the potential. Does he have the work ethic? Same as Sanchez. I think both of them could be monsters.

It is ludicrous for Cashman to say, a manager is only as good as his players. Then why the **** do you need a manager? Managers and coaches are there to get the best out of the players. If the Yankees do think that a manager is just there? That would certainly explain why they lack the development you suggested they did.

Both of these things play into what you and Johnny suggest. Better and more coaching.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I think Torres has the potential. Does he have the work ethic? Same as Sanchez. I think both of them could be monsters.

It is ludicrous for Cashman to say, a manager is only as good as his players. Then why the **** do you need a manager? Managers and coaches are there to get the best out of the players. If the Yankees do think that a manager is just there? That would certainly explain why they lack the development you suggested they did.

Both of these things play into what you and Johnny suggest. Better and more coaching.
    You are talking about them like they are still prospects . They have both been in the majors for years now . And in Sanchez ‘s case is at the end of his prime years and has had multiple coaches and still no improvement . When is it time to call a spade a spade and realize what you see is what you get ? When they are 35 ? 40? .

I do not necessarily disagree with the monetary side of this, but that being said at this point I am tired of the Yankees acting like they have budget constraints.

Hal wants a lean and efficient franchise like Tampa.

I hate Tampa.

I want the Yankees to act like the Yankees.

Pay the players so I can complain about not getting tickets to the stadium in October because they are sold out.

Not because the lights are off.

https://nypost.com/2021/10/26/corey-...carlos-correa/

nonsense article ...i don't care about any scandal i would want correa on my team..correa is a much better player and fit then seager both offensively and defensively.. / i do not get this love for seager.. if he was that important why are the dodgers not trying to sign him..
    Last edited by johnny ny; 10-27-2021 at 12:51 PM.