Page 72 of 173 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 2587
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Jan 25th
    how is the 25th after the 27th?? math and reading are hard

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    thats a guy u go to war with
    I wish he would have been interested in coming here but from everything I remember reading he wanted to stay as close as possible to his family in Florida.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Yikes. Lol.

It's the pull situation all over again.

His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

The 27th is after the 25th , dj was signed on the 27th . Hence one reason why cashman didnít sign Brantley . Remember I said he didnít sign Brantly because he was waiting to sign dj

original unedited version
    -
    Yeah that was after dj signed . After dj signed cash man only had enough to get some pitching . Dj signed on Jan 27th

edited
    Yeah that was before dj signed . After dj signed cash man only had enough to get some pitching . Dj signed on Jan 27th

the Braves defense is very, very good.

That is an area that we desperately need to improve this winter

Damn and here I thought Doc was his daddy. Maybe it's Day after all.

original unedited version
    -
    Yeah that was after dj signed . After dj signed cash man only had enough to get some pitching . Dj signed on Jan 27th

edited
    Yeah that was before dj signed . After dj signed cash man only had enough to get some pitching . Dj signed on Jan 27th

I apologize for my earlier typo , was in a rush to type it out before my phone died . Didnít see the mistake until I got home later . My bad

the Braves defense is very, very good.

That is an area that we desperately need to improve this winter
    So is their pitching . Although losing Morton is gonna hurt them

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Awesome post! I know it' unlikely Correa signs a 7 year deal but if the AAV was 7 mil higher per? It's almost a 9 year deal with regards to money.

They need a balance and they keep ****ing it up. Cole and Stanton are on 10 year deals. Judge will likely be on close to that. I think they need to be careful with how many deals like that lock up.
    If they did sign him to a 10 year deal, in 6 years you would be fielding a 35 year old judge, 37 year old Stanton, 33 year old Correa and 37 year old Cole. You are looking at 120 mil+ tiied up in those 4 guys alone.
    If Stanton were not signed? I would say they should go in the way you are suggesting.

To me, Seager is great for his bat. I think he will be cheaper than Correa. He's lefty. I also think he's a guy you could move to second or third if needed and it wouldn't be an issue. I think Correa could play those spots but he could make a stance against it.

If they do get one of those SS, you can move Peraza or Volpe for Marte. I would be very surprised if they ended up with Marte. Thrilled but surprised

I don't know if the Phillies would move JT this year. I think they will wait to get another year or two out of him before doing that. I could be way off base but it seems like they want him around for the near future.

If they don't sign Rizzo, I really hope they move Gallo to first and Hicks to LF to allow for a FLorial or Allen to play CF. But I doubt that happens. Hicks is their CF.
    This is where the contracts get me nuts.
    The guys you have signed for the next 7 years are not guys I believe get you where you want to go. Even if you sign Correa, you are still stuck with Hicks, Gallo, Stanton. This team needs to get way younger and way more athletic and aside from really being aggressive, which I don't think they will because they are stubborn pricks, we will see 2-3 moves and
    DJ
    Judge
    Stanton
    Gallo
    Sanchez
    Torres
    Gio
    Hicks
    I actually prefer signing Seager to Correa. We need good lefty bats in Yankee Stadium and I think in a couple of years when one of our kids is ready to takeover at SS, Correa naturally slides over to third.
    We are in a bit of a muddle with the Stanton contract and Judge waiting for his payoff. That Stanton deal runs forever and while I'm really enjoying him now, he's gonna be in a wheelchair by the end of that deal. Let's hope we can keep him in the outfield for a couple more years to max his value. Cole to me is the cost of buying an ace.
    Overall, this current team is a head scratcher. They're not elite. They're super talented and woefully inconsistent. And bringing back Boone was just absolutely insane to me. This team is horribly prepared and that is on the coaching staff. Has anybody looked at the article on the way Ron Washington prepares the Braves infield? We need some of that! Our reliance on clearly mediocre analytics is a bit of a joke. We need some old school grinders who drill defensive skills into the player. We don't need more computer readouts, we need more fungo bats!
    And we need to find a way to develop players. Sanchez was a world class talent. Hell, we were offered Realmuto in a straight up swap and we turned it down! How did it go so wrong? Surely, a top organization could find a way to develop him. Same in many ways with Gleyber who looks like he circling the drain the last two years with his bat.
    Again, better coaching needs to be part of the system! So much so that it doesn't matter who the coach is, this is the way we do things here. We drill our players until they can make these plays in their sleep.
    I'm done.
    POPS - Crotona Park - 1952

Quote Originally Posted by IceHawk-181 View Post
    People need to stop talking about a new "young core."

Yankees need to sign proven talent....and that will come with a price.

That super talented core of team controlled, Cooperstown bound, prospects does not exist.

There will be an opportunity cost for free agents, that is the reality of free agency.
    Can't disagree with this.
    POPS - Crotona Park - 1952

Why we didn't sign Brantley, when he wanted to come here last winter i'll never understand. High contact, High avg, good power. One of the better LHed hitter in baseball over the last 5 + yrs
    I was with you last winter (and longer) on Brantley. But there is a similar player out there and his name is Jeff McNeil. McNeil had his worst season and the Mets are a mess, which might make him available. Sure Yanks and Mets don't make trades but if I were Cashman, I'd find a way...get a third team involved if needed. I'd pay rather whatever the cost (in talent) of acquiring McNeil than pay Seager 10 yrs for 200+ million whereas McNeil's salary will probably be like 5 mil. That's peanuts and you can afford to sign a temp SS with the money saved on another SS...perhaps Story on a prove it 1 yr contract?

I like the concept of:
    1. DJ
    2. Judge
    3. McNeil
    4. Stanton
    5. Rizzo
    6. Torres

You have 2 potential .300 hitters in DJ and McNeil (and 3 hitters who don't strikeout much adding Rizzo) surrounding Judge and Stanton.

Whatever Cash decides, sign Correa or Seager, I'll have to roll with that's fine. Just pointing out there are other options.

Quote Originally Posted by 808yankee View Post
    I was with you last winter (and longer) on Brantley. But there is a similar player out there and his name is Jeff McNeil. McNeil had his worst season and the Mets are a mess, which might make him available. Sure Yanks and Mets don't make trades but if I were Cashman, I'd find a way...get a third team involved if needed. I'd pay rather whatever the cost (in talent) of acquiring McNeil than pay Seager 10 yrs for 200+ million whereas McNeil's salary will probably be like 5 mil. That's peanuts and you can afford to sign a temp SS with the money saved on another SS...perhaps Story on a prove it 1 yr contract?

I like the concept of:
    1. DJ
    2. Judge
    3. McNeil
    4. Stanton
    5. Rizzo
    6. Torres

You have 2 potential .300 hitters in DJ and McNeil (and 3 hitters who don't strikeout much adding Rizzo) surrounding Judge and Stanton.

Whatever Cash decides, sign Correa or Seager, I'll have to roll with that's fine. Just pointing out there are other options.
    Sorry but the donít need another utility player . They need players who play one position really well , like cf , ss and catcher

I do get your point, how ever with very good talent costing 18-25M AAV and superstar level talent costing 30m plus for 10yrs, you simply can't build a team that way anymore.

Seager and Correa are looking for a minimum of 10yrs 300m and in Correa's case he's looking for a Lindor type deal closer to 12yrs 350m. We have Cole, Stanton and DJ signed long term to large long deals, they are going to resign Judge who will get 7yr 210m minimum and is you sign one of the SS that a ton of money locked up very long term. If u have 5guys costing u close to 140M a yr, u have to fill out the other 35 spots for about 70m combined to stay around the current LT threshold.

In this day and age you can't sigh a bunch of big long term deals and hope to stay competitive towards the end of those deals. Having a quality spec pipeline is invaluable to a team like the Yanks. The best teams build from with in and supplement with FA and trades.

If they go with one of those SS, then they will go cheap on the mound, 1st base and any other position they need to upgrade.

We don't have a legit 1st base spec that could take over anytime soon. We don't have a ready TORP waiting in the minors, we have so see what they do at the MLB level. On the other hand 2 of our top 3 specs are SS and in Peraza's case finished the yr in AAA. Peraza is a legit top 50 spec. It's obviously not my call but how many 10yr plus deals have worked out well for the teams that signed those players?

Day, with Yankee money they can build any team that they wish. They just chose not going in that direction anymore. They are a cash cow and can cover up a lot of mistakes with that money.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Damn and here I thought Doc was his daddy. Maybe it's Day after all.

Co- custody

Ignorance is bliss