Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 70 of 168 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 2509
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    please no seager if the dodgers don't want him why should the yanks..

That's been explained to you numerous times Why do you keep asking?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    FWIW Astros have the dominant offense.

World Series Preview - 2021 Offense:

AVG/OBP/SLG
    HOU - .269/.339/.444
    ATL - .244/.319/.435

HR/R/RBI
    HOU - 221/863/834
    ATL - 239/790/762

wRC+
    HOU - 116
    ATL - 98

wOBA
    HOU - .336
    ATL - .323

WAR
    HOU - 33.9
    ATL - 22.1

Braves will win in 6

They remind me of the 1996 Yankees…..

And if Houston happens to sweep that would be 12 straight World Series losses for Atlanta….
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I can’t get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Braves will win in 6

They remind me of the 1996 Yankees…..

And if Houston happens to sweep that would be 12 straight World Series losses for Atlanta….
    Braves one advantage is their SP. If that has a good series, they have a chance. If it doesn't, they're going to get smoked. Anything can happen in a short series though.

I say braves in 6 . Their pitching is slightly better than the Astros . Plus they look like they are on a mission

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    I say braves in 6 . Their pitching is slightly better than the Astros . Plus they look like they are on a mission
    The one thing the Astros have is a much deeper lineup. The Braves need their star players to play well in this series because I can't see Rosario and Pederson duplicating what they did in the NLDS and NLCS. Home field should be a big advantage for the Astros as well. The Braves don't have the luxury of being the team with the worst record and getting home field like they did with the Dodgers which is another one of those dumb MLB rules.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The one thing the Astros have is a much deeper lineup. The Braves need their star players to play well in this series because I can't see Rosario and Pederson duplicating what they did in the NLDS and NLCS. Home field should be a big advantage for the Astros as well. The Braves don't have the luxury of being the team with the worst record and getting home field like they did with the Dodgers which is another one of those dumb MLB rules.
    True but good enough pitching cAn shut down even the best offense . And as we have seen with the Red Sox , even a very good offense can go cold at a drop of a dime . Plus the Astros lose their dh when they play those 3 games at Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    [emoji857][emoji857]

Wonder if they would sign either with the intent of Flipping some higher end prospects for a legit high end starter?

Would make sense. SS is deep this off season, high end starters are not.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Talked to my buddy and that seems like that is the plan they are leaning towards. If they are able to sigh a premier SS long term, he said they would very likely move 2 of Volpe, Peraza or Cabrera to fill other needs. Didn't say which ones, but my guess is the Volpe is the one they will hold onto IF that scenario plays out.

He said for the right guy it seems like Cash is willing to go 10yrs for the guy they want but won't go longer than that. So we'll see what happens.

Right now they are getting ready for a work stoppage because they don't think there is anyway the players and the owner will come to an agreement before Dec 1st. That will significantly slow and off season moves

@Yankees_Center
    ·
    1h
    Jeff Passan on The Michael Kay Show predicts that Corey Seager will be the #Yankees Shortstop next season and command a contract above $300 Million

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    @Yankees_Center
    ·
    1h
    Jeff Passan on The Michael Kay Show predicts that Corey Seager will be the #Yankees Shortstop next season and command a contract above $300 Million
    Injury prone sub par defender. Cool.

At least he's a lefty.

He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    correa had a much higher upside then seager.. again why are the dodgers not even going to try and sign seager.. seager to me would be a average at best defensive ss.. while correa is all world at ss.. even when arod played ss and he was good he was nowhere near as good as correa..and when he gets older correa will move over to 3b i see no issues their.. again kink you have a issue with correa not with his talent but his personality?
    Did anyone say that Seager was better? Correa is great. I think Seager's D is good but not at Correa's level.
    Offensively? Who do you think is better? I presume you'll say Correa because he has more HRs.

My reasons for preferring Seager, are 2.
    You are correct. I don't like Correa. I think Correa has presented himself as a punk more than a couple times. He's a known cheater. If he was on the Yankees, I would root like hell for him.

As far as fit for the team, Correa's a righty bat. I would prefer a lefty. Seager is a better hitter for average and a higher OPS.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Injury prone sub par defender. Cool.

At least he's a lefty.

Agreed on injury prone and sub par defender. I'd pass especially for 300 mil and it's not even my money lol

I've come to the conclusion that the Yankees shouldn't be mortgaging their future with 10 year contracts to FAs until they have a new young core (inexpensive) to build around. That's how you build dynasties like the 90's Yankees and the current cheatin' Stros.

This core right now looks like Judge is the only keeper and he's gonna get expensive. Look at what happened to the Angels with Pujols giving him a massive deal like that kept them from adding better pieces and wasted Trout's prime years.

Figure out your new core first than add your FAs to fill the holes. Until then just plug in some value players with short term deals and hope for a playoff run. If things look good by the trade deadline then make upgrades or go "all in"

Quote Originally Posted by 808yankee View Post
    I've come to the conclusion that the Yankees shouldn't be mortgaging their future with 10 year contracts to FAs until they have a new young core (inexpensive) to build around. That's how you build dynasties like the 90's Yankees and the current cheatin' Stros.

This core right now looks like Judge is the only keeper and he's gonna get expensive. Look at what happened to the Angels with Pujols giving him a massive deal like that kept them from adding better pieces and wasted Trout's prime years.

Figure out your new core first than add your FAs to fill the holes. Until then just plug in some value players with short term deals and hope for a playoff run. If things look good by the trade deadline then make upgrades or go "all in"
    I disagree , if this team is in win now mode then why should I care about the last 4 years of a contract ? We are signing him to win now and within the next 4 years. If they are gonna spend big on a ss , it should be Correa. And after wasting the last 7 years on this current core , why should I want to waste even more years for the “ next core” , especially if it’s a win now team ?
    Last edited by Posada20; 10-26-2021 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    @Yankees_Center
    ·
    1h
    These so called experts are never correct with their predictions. I can’t see Hal allowing this to even happen. He would rather have Urshela play SS with his salary.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

So analytics puts Jorge Soler leading off?

Why would’t it have Freeman getting more chances with the bat?

Analytics has ruined MLB!

I miss the typical 1970s-1990s lineups.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 10-26-2021 at 08:06 PM.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place