Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 69 of 173 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 2590
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    So do nothing for yet another off season but get another hr hitter with a low batting average for up to 4 years . And on top of that keep going with a catcher that the pitching staff does not like throwing to . Now that is dumb
    And the hurling of insults from the person who should be pointing his finger at himself and uttering those 4 words at every post he makes.
    Seeing as Sanchez is still a top 10 catcher, I agree with Evil. You don't move him until there is a better option. That isn't dumb. What would be dumb is to move him for the sake of change and ending up with a worse option.

Is his idea dumber than giving a 10 year deal to a middle IF at the age of 27? Is it dumber than suggesting that Hicks isn't a good athlete because he gets injured? Is it dumber than suggesting a righty hitter pulls the ball to RF? Is it dumber than predicting the Yankees win the WS then saying that other posters made you do it? Is it dumber than crying that the Sox would win the WS? Is it dumber than posting statistics that disprove your own arguments, repeatedly? Is it dumber than getting owned to the point that we now call Doc, you daddy?

You seem like a smart guy.
    I will let you answer those questions for yourself

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I agree. Stanton should be moved if possible. This is the perfect timing.

But I will be shocked if that happens.

So then what do you do about Judge? Sign him or trade him. You can't let him walk

More than likely Hal will be pressured to resign Judge.

He will get 7 years IMO. Judge is 29 and will be in real decline by age 34. So they will get maybe 3/4 good years with 3/4 declining years.

Then add Stanton to that as well..

If they had won 2 WS or been to the WS at least 2/3 times by now then it is easier to do it. But that is not the case. That is why I had no issue with Teix, CC and ARod aging and the team having bad 2013/2014 seasons because that group had already won a WS.

This current Core has done nothing, absolutely NOTHING! The window is about to close up.

The problem is Judge and Stanton can’t go through the aging process without scrutiny unless Torres, Frazier, Florial produce to balance it out as they are a few years younger and have more time.

That is why the goal is to have a good spec ready to come up every year.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 10-26-2021 at 07:12 AM.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I can’t get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

One of the things I keep seeing in this forum is guys saying, "I'd only sign these guys for x number of years" and it's never in the realm of baseball reality. Ever. There is ZERO chance that any team could sign Correa for under ten years. Zero. Same with top guys like Story (unless he's hiding a serious injury) signing a 2 or 3 year deal.
    Here's what happens, young baseball players are indentured servants. Clubs control them for most of their youth and most don't hit free agency until their late twenties. That is the end of their prime years. But they want to be paid for everything they've given to baseball. And they know they should be. So they insist, if you want me you have to pay for my decline as well.
    If the player came up through your system, gave you superstar years for 600k, you owe him the money. But most teams let the player walk.
    This is where the teams who see themselves as a player or three away from contending say, it's worth it to get max value out of the first half of this contract and accept that they are going to have to eat a couple of bad years.
    This folds into the truth about The Yankees that is only true for them. Many great players cannot handle the pressure of being a Yankee. Which means we often strike out when we bring a Sonny Gray or Ed Whitson to the Big Apple. That's the price of being a Yankee. It means, in order to continue being The Yankees, we've got to be prepared to eat some dough, and that comes with the back end of some contracts that were great in the first half and terrible in the second.
    Chalk it up to the cost of doing business.

Now everybody whines, "why can't we be cost efficient like the Rays?" For many reasons. One: We don't have to be. Two: There is zero pressure playing in a town like Tampa which means, well, zero pressure. Also, because their fan base has NO ATTACHMENT to their players. It's not even a baseball town.
    Can you imagine The Yankees letting Mickey Mantle walk in free agency? Or the Dodgers trading Koufax for prospects? There would be rioting in the streets. So you pay for the down side of your hero's years because he's given you the best.

I DON'T WANT A TEAM THAT OPERATES LIKE THE RAYS! I would quit following baseball. What are you rooting for, baseball players or a brand?

Do I wish the Yankees were as good as the Rays at putting an amazing farm system together? Absolutely! I'm pissed that we aren't churning out anymore Mickey Mantles or Don Mattingleys or Derek Jeters.

And that should change. But built into being The Yankees, Hal has got to understand that you have to pay for players who can shine under our spotlight, which is the brightest in all of baseball. But that light is fading. We haven't had a ring in over a decade and the Red Sux have passed us by! That's right, in this century they've buried us!

Absolutely avoid the Elsburys, but if you have to swallow the back end of an A Rod or a CC or Teixiera contract, you do it. Stop being timid. Sign Correa or Seagar and Robby Ray and trade for Ketel Marte! And do what it takes to take on Realmuto's contract. Pay the damned luxury tax! We're a luxury team! It's the cost of doing business in The Big Apple.

We are the Effin New York Yankees!!!
    POPS - Crotona Park - 1952

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    @BobKlap
    ·
    2h
    According to a family member, Anthony Rizzo is quite eager to return to #Yankees in 2022. That’s an important first step, assuming NYY want him back. Have to assume they do.

Cashman has to move Voit. Rizzo said he loves it in NY and loves the clubhouse compared to Wrigley’s as well. But you can’t have both Voit and Rizzo.

Sure is he not what he WS at age 25 but he is the perfect fit at 1b.

Chambliss, Mattingly, Tino, Teix, Rizzo…..

Why would Cashman even try to change that formula to begin with?
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 10-26-2021 at 07:23 AM.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Buster Olney is reporting today he think the Yanks will sign on of Seager or Correa. He said they are both looking for deals in the 10-12yr range with a minimum value of 300M.

Anybody think either at that price/length is a great idea?

I'm less concerned with the AAV and far more concerned about the yrs. 10-12yr for a middle infielder, especially when 2 of our top 3 specs are SS, would be a bad, bad move IMO
    That is Buster Olney’s opinion. Yankees are not signing Correa or Seager PERIDO!

First Hal will not allow that and 2nd Cashman wants the next Jeter for the next 10+ years at SS and is banking on Volpe or Perazza. And I’d rather go young too. Get a stop gap for now and use any monies on a starting pitcher to form a combo with Cole.

Again, Yankees have an ACE and then a bunch of #3’s and 4’s behind.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Gallo never did well in the small market.

So..what?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

He is just a power hitter. He still would probably hit 30-40 with Yankees in a full season but is not worth taking a chance on it….He salary is cheap and Cashman will probably move him in Dec….
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    gallo under contract i think he will be back next year
    Oh, I know….but his salary is cheap so Cashman will get offers….
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

We need a catcher and a CFer…..

A stop gap SS until one of the kids emerges.

And another #1 starting pitcher…..tired of taking chances on guys like Paxton and Taillon.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 10-26-2021 at 07:41 AM.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Quote Originally Posted by jango2000 View Post
    One of the things I keep seeing in this forum is guys saying, "I'd only sign these guys for x number of years" and it's never in the realm of baseball reality. Ever. There is ZERO chance that any team could sign Correa for under ten years. Zero. Same with top guys like Story (unless he's hiding a serious injury) signing a 2 or 3 year deal.
    Here's what happens, young baseball players are indentured servants. Clubs control them for most of their youth and most don't hit free agency until their late twenties. That is the end of their prime years. But they want to be paid for everything they've given to baseball. And they know they should be. So they insist, if you want me you have to pay for my decline as well.
    If the player came up through your system, gave you superstar years for 600k, you owe him the money. But most teams let the player walk.
    This is where the teams who see themselves as a player or three away from contending say, it's worth it to get max value out of the first half of this contract and accept that they are going to have to eat a couple of bad years.
    This folds into the truth about The Yankees that is only true for them. Many great players cannot handle the pressure of being a Yankee. Which means we often strike out when we bring a Sonny Gray or Ed Whitson to the Big Apple. That's the price of being a Yankee. It means, in order to continue being The Yankees, we've got to be prepared to eat some dough, and that comes with the back end of some contracts that were great in the first half and terrible in the second.

Now everybody whines, "why can't we be cost efficient like the Rays?" For many reasons. One: We don't have to be. Two: There is zero pressure playing in a town like Tampa which means, well, zero pressure. Also, because their fan base has NO ATTACHMENT to their players. It's not even a baseball town.
    Can you imagine The Yankees letting Mickey Mantle walk in free agency? Or the Dodgers trading Koufax for prospects? There would be rioting in the streets. So you pay for the down side of your hero's years because he's given you the best.

I DON'T WANT A TEAM THAT OPERATES LIKE THE RAYS! I would quit following baseball. What are you rooting for, baseball players or a brand?

Do I wish the Yankees were as good as the Rays at putting an amazing farm system together? Absolutely! I'm pissed that we aren't churning out anymore Mickey Mantles or Don Mattingleys or Derek Jeters.

And that should change. But built into being The Yankees, Hal has got to understand that you have to pay for players who can shine under our spotlight, which is the brightest in all of baseball. But that light is fading. We haven't had a ring in over a decade and the Red Sux have passed us by! That's right, in this century they've buried us!

Absolutely avoid the Elsburys, but if you have to swallow the back end of an A Rod or a CC or Teixiera contract, you do it. Stop being timid. Sign Correa or Seagar and Robby Ray and trade for Ketel Marte! And do what it takes to take on Realmuto's contract. Pay the damned luxury tax! We're a luxury team! It's the cost of doing business in The Big Apple.

You said it perfectly. Except Tampa Bay has tons of baseball fans. The problem is they are still attached to their teams prior to 1998. I’m in that boat. I only follow the Rays because I live here and is forced fed with TV and Newspaper, Radio, ect with the Rays talk.

My dad was from NY and when I was a kid there was not a team in Tampa Bay Area so I became attached to the Yankees as that is who my father followed. I kid about jumping ship but I couldn’t name Rays roster from 1998-2021. So that will never happen. My mother is a diehard Rays fan but she moved up to Colorado and is now a Rockies fan.

The Rays are slowly gaining fans as their current 20-25 year old base was born in mid 90s and early 2000’s and are now getting older and can spend money for tickets, ect…Miami is in the same situation.

But anyway you are correct with big contract players. You just have to get lucky and get that 26/27 yr old free agent that is not there very often. I’m totally against giving huge monies to 23 yr old players like Tatis Jr, Trout, ect. How much value did Trout give the Angels? Tatis is moody and thinks he owns MLB already.

I like the old formula of signing Teix, CC at age 29 and hoping for great season for the first half of the 7 year deal. That is why Teix, CC were no issue to me in their back ends. They won a WS in their first half. The problem is Cashman never put players around them to help balance out their back end contract years. The proper mix was not there. That 2015 WC lineup had no Judge, Sanchez, Torres, Ect in it….they came a year or two too late.

Unless they have a strong farm with players ready to go then they have to go the route of spending money on free agents and taking the chance…..

Again, these are the Yankees. I don’t care about luxury tax talk with the Yankees. They are a cash cow. I’m not saying blow it wide open but if you need a certain player then Hal should just get him and worry about the tax later and quit telling us about paying double for a player…The average Yankee fan doesn’t care about how much Hal would have to spend extra for a certain player.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang

Awesome post! I know it' unlikely Correa signs a 7 year deal but if the AAV was 7 mil higher per? It's almost a 9 year deal with regards to money.

They need a balance and they keep ****ing it up. Cole and Stanton are on 10 year deals. Judge will likely be on close to that. I think they need to be careful with how many deals like that lock up.
    If they did sign him to a 10 year deal, in 6 years you would be fielding a 35 year old judge, 37 year old Stanton, 33 year old Correa and 37 year old Cole. You are looking at 120 mil+ tiied up in those 4 guys alone.
    If Stanton were not signed? I would say they should go in the way you are suggesting.

To me, Seager is great for his bat. I think he will be cheaper than Correa. He's lefty. I also think he's a guy you could move to second or third if needed and it wouldn't be an issue. I think Correa could play those spots but he could make a stance against it.

If they do get one of those SS, you can move Peraza or Volpe for Marte. I would be very surprised if they ended up with Marte. Thrilled but surprised

I don't know if the Phillies would move JT this year. I think they will wait to get another year or two out of him before doing that. I could be way off base but it seems like they want him around for the near future.

If they don't sign Rizzo, I really hope they move Gallo to first and Hicks to LF to allow for a FLorial or Allen to play CF. But I doubt that happens. Hicks is their CF.
    This is where the contracts get me nuts.
    The guys you have signed for the next 7 years are not guys I believe get you where you want to go. Even if you sign Correa, you are still stuck with Hicks, Gallo, Stanton. This team needs to get way younger and way more athletic and aside from really being aggressive, which I don't think they will because they are stubborn pricks, we will see 2-3 moves and
    DJ
    Judge
    Stanton
    Gallo
    Sanchez
    Torres
    Gio
    Hicks

Ignorance is bliss

Very well said and the truth . Stop being so afraid of the back end years and worry about the here and now and the immediate future . I mean this team is supposed to be a win now team and if that’s so , then why so much concern with the last 3 or 4 years of a ten year contract ?
    Last edited by Posada20; 10-26-2021 at 09:52 AM.

I would go shorter and higher AAV for sure. I like this suggestion.
    I agree clown.

Awesome post! I know it' unlikely Correa signs a 7 year deal but if the AAV was 7 mil higher per? It's almost a 9 year deal with regards to money.

They need a balance and they keep ****ing it up. Cole and Stanton are on 10 year deals. Judge will likely be on close to that. I think they need to be careful with how many deals like that lock up.
    If they did sign him to a 10 year deal, in 6 years you would be fielding a 35 year old judge, 37 year old Stanton, 33 year old Correa and 37 year old Cole. You are looking at 120 mil+ tiied up in those 4 guys alone.
    If Stanton were not signed? I would say they should go in the way you are suggesting.

To me, Seager is great for his bat. I think he will be cheaper than Correa. He's lefty. I also think he's a guy you could move to second or third if needed and it wouldn't be an issue. I think Correa could play those spots but he could make a stance against it.

If they do get one of those SS, you can move Peraza or Volpe for Marte. I would be very surprised if they ended up with Marte. Thrilled but surprised

I don't know if the Phillies would move JT this year. I think they will wait to get another year or two out of him before doing that. I could be way off base but it seems like they want him around for the near future.

If they don't sign Rizzo, I really hope they move Gallo to first and Hicks to LF to allow for a FLorial or Allen to play CF. But I doubt that happens. Hicks is their CF.
    This is where the contracts get me nuts.
    The guys you have signed for the next 7 years are not guys I believe get you where you want to go. Even if you sign Correa, you are still stuck with Hicks, Gallo, Stanton. This team needs to get way younger and way more athletic and aside from really being aggressive, which I don't think they will because they are stubborn pricks, we will see 2-3 moves and
    DJ
    Judge
    Stanton
    Gallo
    Sanchez
    Torres
    Gio
    Hicks
    correa had a much higher upside then seager.. again why are the dodgers not even going to try and sign seager.. seager to me would be a average at best defensive ss.. while correa is all world at ss.. even when arod played ss and he was good he was nowhere near as good as correa..and when he gets older correa will move over to 3b i see no issues their.. again kink you have a issue with correa not with his talent but his personality?

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    correa had a much higher upside then seager.. again why are the dodgers not even going to try and sign seager.. seager to me would be a average at best defensive ss.. while correa is all world at ss.. even when arod played ss and he was good he was nowhere near as good as correa..and when he gets older correa will move over to 3b i see no issues their.. again kink you have a issue with correa not with his talent but his personality?
    It’s funny how his personality is an issue when one of the common complaints about this team is that it has no personality and is too vanilla . Correa is my first choice .

FWIW Astros have the dominant offense.

World Series Preview - 2021 Offense:

AVG/OBP/SLG
    HOU - .269/.339/.444
    ATL - .244/.319/.435

HR/R/RBI
    HOU - 221/863/834
    ATL - 239/790/762

wRC+
    HOU - 116
    ATL - 98

wOBA