Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 68 of 173 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 2590
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Gallo is not a fit for the team and is starting to look like heís not a fit for a major market
    Gallo is just another Sonny Gray who will never do well in a huge market.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Gallo never did well in the small market.

So..what?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Buster Olney is reporting today he think the Yanks will sign on of Seager or Correa. He said they are both looking for deals in the 10-12yr range with a minimum value of 300M.

Anybody think either at that price/length is a great idea?

I'm less concerned with the AAV and far more concerned about the yrs. 10-12yr for a middle infielder, especially when 2 of our top 3 specs are SS, would be a bad, bad move IMO

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Buster Olney is reporting today he think the Yanks will sign on of Seager or Correa. He said they are both looking for deals in the 10-12yr range with a minimum value of 300M.

I'm less concerned with the AAV and far more concerned about the yrs. 10-12yr for a middle infielder, especially when 2 of our top 3 specs are SS, would be a bad, bad move IMO
    [emoji857][emoji857]

Wonder if they would sign either with the intent of Flipping some higher end prospects for a legit high end starter?

Would make sense. SS is deep this off season, high end starters are not.

Last edited by OhSoSlick; 10-25-2021 at 10:28 PM.
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

10 year deal for a 27 year old Correa isnít a terrible idea . Plus we would then have trade chips for an of or catcher

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    10 year deal for a 27 year old Correa isnít a terrible idea . Plus we would then have trade chips for an of or catcher
    u'd be ok with 10yrs at a minimum of 300M for Correa

i would give correa 7 years 250 because i think he will have great years at yankee stadium correa is not a strict pull hitter. and that short porch in right will be so tempting.. plus he is all world defensively.. but hal lets cashman make the decisions and cash will go the economic route

please no seager if the dodgers don't want him why should the yanks..

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    gallo under contract i think he will be back next year

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    [emoji857][emoji857]

Wonder if they would sign either with the intent of Flipping some higher end prospects for a legit high end starter?

Would make sense. SS is deep this off season, high end starters are not.

yankees issue all year was the offense at one point after a lot of games yankees were last in offensive in the american league..offense cost the yankees maybe more than 10 games last season.

Yes. I would as long as some prospects were traded for pieces they really need like catcher and pitching

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    yankees issue all year was the offense at one point after a lot of games yankees were last in offensive in the american league..offense cost the yankees maybe more than 10 games last season.
    How can you forget tailon and German pitching to close to 5 era for most of the year and both of them getting hurt and kluber missing most of the season ?

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    10 year deal for anyone older than 22 is dumb.... and even then.. not very smart..

Personally, our IF prospects are all at SS... I'd say sign Story for 2-4 years and move him when one of those younger guys pushes him out.. (Volpe????)...

Though closer to home.. if the Union has their way in the CBA negotiations, the problems Kris Bryant went through would become a thing of the past... as players would hit UFA the first time they are a without a contract after they reach 29 1/2 years of age... If they succeed in that (and I like that idea as it does not reward teams for keeping guys down but rather bringing them up early) Judge could suddenly go from RFA to UFA and that would be bad... the Yanks should put prio 1 on signing him long term to lock him up before the the Lockout and CBA is done.. where the negotiation could be done with the current rules in mind rather than the new ones.... but for some reason, I believe that won't happen and the Yanks will over pay for delaying...

As far as Catcher... Sanchez is my guy until we have a better option in hand. He's still one of the better hitting catchers.. and I know if I was his coach, I'd stop him from trying to frame and just catch the damn ball... with the computer correcting umps.. framing is not making as big a difference as it used to.. and missing a pitch because your trying to frame and get too cute will lose you games... framing won't win you games... but PB's will kill you. And with his arm... he can make up for it throwing a few guys out...

Quote Originally Posted by evilemplover View Post
    10 year deal for anyone older than 22 is dumb.... and even then.. not very smart..

Personally, our IF prospects are all at SS... I'd say sign Story for 2-4 years and move him when one of those younger guys pushes him out.. (Volpe????)...

Though closer to home.. if the Union has their way in the CBA negotiations, the problems Kris Bryant went through would become a thing of the past... as players would hit UFA the first time they are a without a contract after they reach 29 1/2 years of age... If they succeed in that (and I like that idea as it does not reward teams for keeping guys down but rather bringing them up early) Judge could suddenly go from RFA to UFA and that would be bad... the Yanks should put prio 1 on signing him long term to lock him up before the the Lockout and CBA is done.. where the negotiation could be done with the current rules in mind rather than the new ones.... but for some reason, I believe that won't happen and the Yanks will over pay for delaying...

As far as Catcher... Sanchez is my guy until we have a better option in hand. He's still one of the better hitting catchers.. and I know if I was his coach, I'd stop him from trying to frame and just catch the damn ball... with the computer correcting umps.. framing is not making as big a difference as it used to.. and missing a pitch because your trying to frame and get too cute will lose you games... framing won't win you games... but PB's will kill you. And with his arm... he can make up for it throwing a few guys out...
    So do nothing for yet another off season but get another hr hitter with a low batting average for up to 4 years . And on top of that keep going with a catcher that the pitching staff does not like throwing to . Now that is dumb

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    i would give correa 7 years 250 because i think he will have great years at yankee stadium correa is not a strict pull hitter. and that short porch in right will be so tempting.. plus he is all world defensively.. but hal lets cashman make the decisions and cash will go the economic route
    I would go shorter and higher AAV for sure. I like this suggestion.

Ignorance is bliss