Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 66 of 173 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    buehler 27 urias is 25.. how is that aging?
    Ok genius. Kershaw is 33. Scherzer is 37! Duffy is 32 will be 33 Dec.. Jansen their closer is 34. Price is 36 and appears washed up!

Three in their starting rotation on wrong side of 30! Their closer as well. So if Jorge elects to use age as an indication of the Yankees demise, best to look in the backyard of the team you are holding up as the model to emulate!

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Ok genius. Kershaw is 33. Scherzer is 37! Duffy is 32 will be 33 Dec.. Jansen their closer is 34. Price is 36 and appears washed up!

Three in their starting rotation on wrong side of 30! Their closer as well. So if Jorge elects to use age as an indication of the Yankees demise, best to look in the backyard of the team you are holding up as the model to emulate!
    Again , max is a free agent , price is a free agent after next season and Kershaw is a free agent after next season . While Cole is on the Yankees for 7 more years , judge will be 31 after next season , Sanchez 30 after next season , dj 35 next season , sevy 29 , tailon 29 and hicks 34 next season . Who has more aging players long term , the Dodgers or the Yankees ? So who in 2 or 3 years is more likely to be like the 13/14 Yankees ?
    Last edited by Posada20; 10-24-2021 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Good question . MeNwhile sevy , Monty , Cole , green , laosigia , judge , Sanchez and hicks are either the same age or older and yet I am supposed to believe the Dodgers are the aging team. Also max is a free agent now , price will be a free agent after next season and after next season they will be out of Bauerís contract . So other than betts they wonít be saddled with many big contracts after next season .
    Seriously Jorge? Do you believe what you write or do you simply type whatever comes to mind? Shock value maybe? I suggest that old adage applies here, think before you speak, ion this case type.

I did your homework for you. I expect half of the gold star.

Sevy - 27

Monty - 28

Cole - 31

Green - 30

Loaisga - 26

Judge - 29

Sanchez - 28

Nough said.

Seriously Jorge? Do you believe what you write or do you simply type whatever comes to mind? Shock value maybe? I suggest that old adage applies here, think before you speak, ion this case type.

Sevy - 27

Monty - 28

Cole - 31

Green - 30

Loaisga - 26

Judge - 29

Sanchez - 28

Nough said.

Again I was talking about ages after next season . The original statement was who will be like the 13/14 Yankees in a few years not now . Laosigia is gonna be 27 in 2 weeks , 28 after next season . Cole is 31 and already showing signs of decline . Imagine how he will be in a few years . Green is aging like I said , he will be 31 after next season . The Dodgers Are still gonna be contenders next season since their only real competition are the giants . In a few years the Yankees will have more aging players than the Dodgers , so there fore the Yankees will likely be more like the 13/14 yankees in a few years . The Dodgers might be rebuilding which is not what the 13/14 Yankees were . It was the 16 Yankees that were rebuilding
    Last edited by Posada20; 10-24-2021 at 04:09 PM.

Sevy - 27

Monty - 28

Cole - 31

Green - 30

Loaisga - 26

Judge - 29

Sanchez - 28

Nough said.
    Doc we arenít talking about this year because the goal post must be moved and it must fit my constantly moving flawed narrative. In ten years from now Sevy will be 37 and who knows how far we will have declined by then. This stuff is gold man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    Doc we arenít talking about this year because the goal post must be moved and it must fit my constantly moving flawed narrative. In ten years from now Sevy will be 37 and who knows how far we will have declined by then. This stuff is gold man.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Go and read rzzís last post in this thread . He specifically said the Dodgers will be like the 13/14 Yankees in a few years . Not now or next year . It was drt who went off rails in this convo

Go and read rzzís last post in this thread . He specifically said the Dodgers will be like the 13/14 Yankees in a few years . Not now or next year . It was drt who went off rails in this convo
    To which you responded:

Injuries killed the Dodgers , and max,s dead arm killed them too . Dodgers still have a good farm system , I wouldnít dismiss them yet in the future . If any team will be like the 13/14 Yankees in a few years itís likely the Yankees themselves . Their current core will be in their mid 30s and Cole will be in his late 30s
    Nicky did not talk about age he discussed bad contracts handed out.:

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    They overspend and left the next team behind in the dust with payroll. They added the best available starter and position player in July and they still canít get to the WS.

They paid over $60 million for the 2022 season on two starting pitchers who canít even start anymore. Price has to be the worst starting pitcher in history with regards to going every 4 days and getting over $30 million per. A $30 million bullpen piece? Kershaw is another overpriced stiff.

The Dodgers will be what the 2013/2014 Yankees were in a few yearsÖÖ

Hal see thisÖ.
    You see Jorge it was you that put age front and center, not me or Nicky. The Dodgers will age at the same rate as the Yankees. That was my point. Given the age of their rotation maybe a bit quicker than the Yankees, considering 3 of their starters and their closer are all well past 30.

You chose to be critical of Cole and the age of the Yankees core, but failed to realize your argument was fatally flawed
    from the outset based on the age of the Dodgers rotation and closer.

Now unless they have a time regression machine or the ability to alter the time / space continuum the Dodgers will age at the same rate as the Yankees.

If Cole will be in his "late 30's" in YOUR few years, Kershaw will be in his 40's. Scherzer in his 50's! Duffy in his 40's.. Jansen in his 40's. Price will be collecting his SSI!
    Last edited by drt1010; 10-24-2021 at 09:02 PM.

No it was you who failed to back up your opinion... and Doc owned you again

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    No it was you who failed to back up your opinion... and Doc owned you again
    How the heck did he Own me when he went off topic ? The topic was Who would be the Yankees of 13/14 in A FEW years not now or next year . Your attempts of one up man ships are just sad .

11. 10-24-2021, 09:22 PM
    Reason
    never mind I had enough BS for one night

Guys only the Yankees players age is what is happening. Other teams players donít age they have a system where time stops.

This is such BS that you are listening to the goal post move.

http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Guys only the Yankees players age is what is happening. Other teams players donít age they have a system where time stops.

This is such BS that you are listening to the goal post move.

Dude, you blew my mind with this. Like for real? Only the Yankees are getting older? The rest of the league has guys who will always stay young and never age? That is totally tripadelic!

Did you also say goal posts moved? Wow man. That's totally wild too, oh wait, is it that posada dude who moved them? I thought I saw him driving a manure truck with a goal post sticking out of it but I thought I was bugging. I'm glad that is true.

Ignorance is bliss

How the heck did he Own me when he went off topic ? The topic was Who would be the Yankees of 13/14 in A FEW years not now or next year . Your attempts of one up man ships are just sad .
    How did he own you? Read the argument he presented. The one we all see very clearly.
    Doc owned you. Day is right, Doc's your daddy

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I agree with Mush about Sanchez and Hicks. I would love to move them both but I don't think there is any really return for either. As much as we can talk about Sanchez being a top 10 catcher, public sentiment drives down his price. Teams know he's not wanted in NY

I also agree with Mush and You about Judge. I would move him for the right package.
    It's not about him but his contract next year. I also don't trade him now. I wait till midseason and if the Yankees are legit, of course you keep him. If they are this year what they were last year? It's a tough choice but I would guess a contender would sell their entire farm for him.

I really like him on the team. My feeling is solely based on his contract. Do we as fans want to watch 55 mil tied up in Judge and Stanton for the next 7 years? I don't think either player will age well.
    You basically, have 2 righty DHs who's k rates will increase as bat speed slows.
    We talk about athleticism and while they are both good now, I don't think that continues.

It's not an easy problem. They will have to overspend to keep him and I don't see him signing a 5 year deal. If he did? Hell yes.

Sure Judge and Stanton are terrific when healthy and locked in together, Aug and Sept proved that but what about in 3/4 years?

If they want to keep Judgr a lifetime Yankee then move Big Mike. Right now is the best time to do it as he came off a terrific final 2 months. And with the DH being adopted to the NL it will be easier as all they need to do is fine a match and obviously have him agree to itÖ.Then Iíd have no issue in keeping Judge.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Sure Judge and Stanton are terrific when healthy and locked in together, Aug and Sept proved that but what about in 3/4 years?

If they want to keep Judgr a lifetime Yankee then move Big Mike. Right now is the best time to do it as he came off a terrific final 2 months. And with the DH being adopted to the NL it will be easier as all they need to do is fine a match and obviously have him agree to itÖ.Then Iíd have no issue in keeping Judge.

I agree. Stanton should be moved if possible. This is the perfect timing.

But I will be shocked if that happens.

So then what do you do about Judge? Sign him or trade him. You can't let him walk

Ignorance is bliss