Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 65 of 173 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 975 of 2584
  1. #961
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    8,211
    It's a Brave New World.

  2. #962
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    13,210
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    It's a Brave New World.
    they were the last team my step bro played for, really happy for them. Incredible job by that team to totally rebuild that OF after Acuna went down and they lost Ozuno also. Heck of a job by there GM and Manager finding the right players and making them apart of that team.

    The Dodgers really got hurt with injuries' to key player. They'll somehow find a way to be even better and be back next yr

  3. #963
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,964
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    It's a Brave New World.
    That will come crashing down with bad servers.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  4. #964
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,964
    Before getting Seager to play SS what do they do with Parazza and Volpe?

    And what is the Yankees current projected payroll with arbitration factored in and any players who are not going to get resigned?

    Then the labor contract that is about to expire so we really donít have an actual number set for the 2022 season for Hal to stay under.

    And with the Dodgers and their bloated payroll and failing to get to the WS just gives Hal more excuses to not spend more than he should for 2022.

    All of this tells us that Seager and his future salary is not going to be paid by Hal.

    So go to plan B. You all think on what you all want but never really think on what Hal is going to most likely do.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 10-24-2021 at 05:27 AM.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  5. #965
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,964
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    they were the last team my step bro played for, really happy for them. Incredible job by that team to totally rebuild that OF after Acuna went down and they lost Ozuno also. Heck of a job by there GM and Manager finding the right players and making them apart of that team.

    The Dodgers really got hurt with injuries' to key player. They'll somehow find a way to be even better and be back next yr

    They overspend and left the next team behind in the dust with payroll. They added the best available starter and position player in July and they still canít get to the WS.

    They paid over $60 million for the 2022 season on two starting pitchers who canít even start anymore. Price has to be the worst starting pitcher in history with regards to going every 4 days and getting over $30 million per. A $30 million bullpen piece? Kershaw is another overpriced stiff.

    The Dodgers will be what the 2013/2014 Yankees were in a few yearsÖÖ

    Hal see thisÖ.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  6. #966
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,287
    Quote Originally Posted by 808yankee View Post
    I think you underestimate the West next year. The Mariners were pretty good this year and have some nice young OFs in Kelenic, Rodriguez, Lewis and boom or bust Trammell.

    And I fully expect the Angels to get either an ace or at least 2 very good pitchers in the off season. They have to, Trout's 30 already and Rendon's 31-32, the time is now if the Angels ever wanted to be serious contenders with this group. They already started opening a slot in the rotation at this years trade deadline by finding a sucker team to take Heaney lol
    Seattle still has to face Houston and Oakland over 30 times . And while they are not a bad team , Houston is still a formidable team even without Correa .maybe it will be Houston and Seattle battling for the west but with two wild cards , Houston still has a very good shot at being a playoff contender even without Correa

  7. #967
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,287
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    They overspend and left the next team behind in the dust with payroll. They added the best available starter and position player in July and they still canít get to the WS.

    They paid over $60 million for the 2022 season on two starting pitchers who canít even start anymore. Price has to be the worst starting pitcher in history with regards to going every 4 days and getting over $30 million per. A $30 million bullpen piece? Kershaw is another overpriced stiff.

    The Dodgers will be what the 2013/2014 Yankees were in a few yearsÖÖ

    Hal see thisÖ.
    Injuries killed the Dodgers , and max,s dead arm killed them too . Dodgers still have a good farm system , I wouldnít dismiss them yet in the future . If any team will be like the 13/14 Yankees in a few years itís likely the Yankees themselves . Their current core will be in their mid 30s and Cole will be in his late 30s

  8. #968
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,989
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Injuries killed the Dodgers , and max,s dead arm killed them too . Dodgers still have a good farm system , I wouldnít dismiss them yet in the future . If any team will be like the 13/14 Yankees in a few years itís likely the Yankees themselves . Their current core will be in their mid 30s and Cole will be in his late 30s
    Has the Dodgers rotation found the fountain of youth or are they capable of manipulating time / space continuum? What is the average age of Kershaw, Scherzer and Duffy? How about their closer Jansen? Think about it Jorge.

    Their farm is middle of the pack according to MLB.com. Not much better than the Yankees.

    So please explain how much worse shape the Yankees are in?

  9. #969
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,287
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Has the Dodgers rotation found the fountain of youth or are they capable of manipulating time / space continuum? What is the average age of Kershaw, Scherzer and Duffy? How about their closer Jansen? Think about it Jorge.

    Their farm is middle of the pack according to MLB.com. Not much better than the Yankees.

    So please explain how much worse shape the Yankees are in?
    I just explained it to you if you bothered to read the entire post . But I will say it again . The Yankees current core will be in their mid 30s in a couple of years , Cole will be in his late 30s at that time . That alone makes the team questionable in a few years . And if the Dodgers farm system isnít much better than the Yankees farm system then why should I believe the Yankees farm system will keep the Yankees as a very good team in a few years ? And on top of that outside of laosigia , Monty Cole and sevy , we donít know for sure what the Yankees pitching staff will look like after next season either .

  10. #970
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,989
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    I just explained it to you if you bothered to read the entire post . But I will say it again . The Yankees current core will be in their mid 30s in a couple of years , Cole will be in his late 30s at that time . That alone makes the team questionable in a few years . And if the Dodgers farm system isnít much better than the Yankees farm system then why should I believe the Yankees farm system will keep the Yankees as a very good team in a few years ? And on top of that outside of laosigia , Monty Cole and sevy , we donít know for sure what the Yankees pitching staff will look like after next season either .
    About what I expected. The Dodgers already aging rotation and closer will get younger? That is my point of contention. You can't criticize the Yankees aging and ignore the fact that the Dodgers prime rotation pieces and closer are older!!!

  11. #971
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,287
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    About what I expected. The Dodgers already aging rotation and closer will get younger? That is my point of contention. You can't criticize the Yankees aging and ignore the fact that the Dodgers prime rotation pieces and closer are older!!!
    Who said I was denying it? You said yourself that the Yankees farm system isnít better than the Dodgers farm system , so that leads me to believe that the Dodgers would likely have better prospects coming up to replace the aging rotation pieces . The Yankees have just as big questions with their roster after next season as the Dodgers do . So I am not sure how anyone can say any other team will be declining soon without looking at the state of the Yankees team long term

  12. #972
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,989
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Who said I was denying it? You said yourself that the Yankees farm system isnít better than the Dodgers farm system , so that leads me to believe that the Dodgers would likely have better prospects coming up to replace the aging rotation pieces . The Yankees have just as big questions with their roster after next season as the Dodgers do . So I am not sure how anyone can say any other team will be declining soon without looking at the state of the Yankees team long term
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Injuries killed the Dodgers , and max,s dead arm killed them too . Dodgers still have a good farm system , I wouldnít dismiss them yet in the future . If any team will be like the 13/14 Yankees in a few years itís likely the Yankees themselves . Their current core will be in their mid 30s and Cole will be in his late 30s
    I will allow your own words to speak for themselves. I have no desire to continue this completely futile endeavor.

  13. #973
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,287
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    I will allow your own words to speak for themselves. I have no desire to continue this completely futile endeavor.
    YeAh the Dodgers still have a good farm system . And in your own words better than the yanks farm system. Hence why I believe the yanks will likely be more like the 13/14 Yankees than the Dodgers .

    ďHas the Dodgers rotation found the fountain of youth or are they capable of manipulating time / space continuum? What is the average age of Kershaw, Scherzer and Duffy? How about their closer Jansen? Think about it Jorge.

    Their farm is middle of the pack according to MLB.com. Not much better than the Yankees.

    So please explain how much worse shape the Yankees are in?Ē

  14. #974
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    5,117
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    About what I expected. The Dodgers already aging rotation and closer will get younger? That is my point of contention. You can't criticize the Yankees aging and ignore the fact that the Dodgers prime rotation pieces and closer are older!!!
    buehler 27 urias is 25.. how is that aging?

  15. #975
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,287
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    buehler 27 urias is 25.. how is that aging?
    Good question . MeNwhile sevy , Monty , Cole , green , laosigia , judge , Sanchez and hicks are either the same age or older and yet I am supposed to believe the Dodgers are the aging team. Also max is a free agent now , price will be a free agent after next season and after next season they will be out of Bauerís contract . So other than betts they wonít be saddled with many big contracts after next season .
    Last edited by Posada20; 10-24-2021 at 03:09 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •