Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 64 of 173 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164 ... LastLast
    Happiest Day of the season. The Red Sox are eliminated.

Nick, it's time for a new prediction so we can bet against it. JK

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I think the Yankees core was better but it's a fair comparison for sure. Correa, Bregman, Altuve and then add Gurial? Damn.
    I wonder if they pay Correa or if he gives them a discount?
    I wonder if another WS share has any influence? (Not financially of course, but historically. Dynasty builder)

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Happiest Day of the season. The Red Sox are eliminated.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I think the Yankees core was better but it's a fair comparison for sure. Correa, Bregman, Altuve and then add Gurial? Damn.
    I wonder if they pay Correa or if he gives them a discount?
    I agree the 90s Yankees core was better . Thatís because the Astros org retools when needed and changes the team when it has to . The Yankees team has more or less been the same since 17 . It amazes me how organizations just keep running circles around cashman and Hal. I am glad Houston ended up beating the Sox. It reinforces my belief that a team only goes as far as its pitching takes it. Plus the playoffs arenít really a crapshoot either

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    So according to some people the Astros were supposed to be weaker with No Verlander, No Cole, no Morton, No Springer.
    I knew astros would make it to the playoffs . The AL west is either a,s or Astros these days . I am only surprised at how well their pitching did these last three games . I thought no one was beating the Red Sox . Glad I was wrong

Didnít someone on this post that the Red Sox already won the WS????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

So according to some people the Astros were supposed to be weaker with No Verlander, No Cole, no Morton, No Springer.
    Helps when you replace those guys with Kyle Tucker, Luis Garcia, Framber Valdez, etc. Astros don't really have a weak spot in their lineup aside from Maldonado and they can spell him with Jason Castro who has been good offensively this year. Give it a couple of years and Kyle Tucker might be one of the 2 or 3 best corner OFers in baseball. He has that much talent.

As I said in the Mets offseason thread, Jeff Lunhow is the best GM in baseball and he doesn't even work in the sport anymore. Some team is going to be smart enough to hire him at some point even with the cheating scandal because the results are there all the way to his time with the Cardinals.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-23-2021 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Helps when you replace those guys with Kyle Tucker, Luis Garcia, Framber Valdez, etc. Astros don't really have a weak spot in their lineup aside from Maldonado and they can spell him with Jason Castro who has been good offensively this year.

As I said in the Mets offseason thread, Jeff Lunhow is the best GM in baseball and he doesn't even work in the sport anymore. Some team is going to be smart enough to hire him at some point even with their cheating scandal because the results are there all the way to his time with the Cardinals.
    Even lunhow has run circles around cashman . Wish Hal would wake up

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    I agree the 90s Yankees core was better . Thatís because the Astros org retools when needed and changes the team when it has to . The Yankees team has more or less been the same since 17 . It amazes me how organizations just keep running circles around cashman and Hal. I am glad Houston ended up beating the Sox. It reinforces my belief that a team only goes as far as its pitching takes it. Plus the playoffs arenít really a crapshoot either

If you're happy the Astros won, why were you so sure the Red Sox were going to the WS?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Helps when you replace those guys with Kyle Tucker, Luis Garcia, Framber Valdez, etc. Astros don't really have a weak spot in their lineup aside from Maldonado and they can spell him with Jason Castro who has been good offensively this year. Give it a couple of years and Kyle Tucker might be one of the 2 or 3 best corner OFers in baseball. He has that much talent.

As I said in the Mets offseason thread, Jeff Lunhow is the best GM in baseball and he doesn't even work in the sport anymore. Some team is going to be smart enough to hire him at some point even with the cheating scandal because the results are there all the way to his time with the Cardinals.
    Yup, that was my point. Their pipeline is endless. They develop, they coach wellÖ

I feel like the Yankees spend a lot on scouts, spend a lot on international scouting, have high priced minor league coaches but they are all fat catsÖ.

Again, the Yankees will not change until they shake up their coreÖ
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    If you're happy the Astros won, why were you so sure the Red Sox were going to the WS?
    That question makes no sense . I dislike the Red Sox more than the Astros and at the time of my prediction the Red Sox offense was red hot . That is why I predicted the Red Sox winning . My prediction had nothing to do with who I preferred . In fact in another post in this forum I said this alcs was a travesty since both teams were cheaters . To be honest I am not very happy the Astros are in the ws . I canít stand either the Red Sox or Astros . Just glad the Red Sox arenít in the ws now

Yup, that was my point. Their pipeline is endless. They develop, they coach wellÖ

I feel like the Yankees spend a lot on scouts, spend a lot on international scouting, have high priced minor league coaches but they are all fat catsÖ.

Again, the Yankees will not change until they shake up their coreÖ
    Thatís not entirely true about their pipeline. Remember, the astros tanked for a full decade in order to draft Correa, Bergman, Tucker and others. In fact, MLB ranks their current system as 29th. With 0 spects in the top 100. If Correa does leave, I wouldnít be surprised if the astros start missing the playoffs again pretty soon.

Quote Originally Posted by RJYANKS12 View Post
    Thatís not entirely true about their pipeline. Remember, the astros tanked for a full decade in order to draft Correa, Bergman, Tucker and others. In fact, MLB ranks their current system as 29th. With 0 spects in the top 100. If Correa does leave, I wouldnít be surprised if the astros start missing the playoffs again pretty soon.
    They have enough offense and possibly enough pitching to still be a playoff contender . Their only competition in the west is Oakland . And they arenít a great team .

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    They have enough offense and possibly enough pitching to still be a playoff contender . Their only competition in the west is Oakland . And they arenít a great team .
    I think you underestimate the West next year. The Mariners were pretty good this year and have some nice young OFs in Kelenic, Rodriguez, Lewis and boom or bust Trammell.

And I fully expect the Angels to get either an ace or at least 2 very good pitchers in the off season. They have to, Trout's 30 already and Rendon's 31-32, the time is now if the Angels ever wanted to be serious contenders with this group. They already started opening a slot in the rotation at this years trade deadline by finding a sucker team to take Heaney lol