Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 176 of 220 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 3292
    If Cash came out and said they had confidence in the kids and would be spending the next two years building around them, I would be all in.

100% Do it.

But he did not.

Cash set the expectation that the team needed a SS and a CF to build a 2022 competitor.

And then they sit out on Seager, apparently barely kicked the tires on Marcus, indicated they do not want major deals in either AAV or length, and are waiting out the market on Correa and Story...

...but are somehow in on Freddie Freeman who is asking for 6/$180MM? What???

And now we have Cone and Kay out there lecturing fans that Cash has it under control and we need to hold our tongues until we roll into Spring Training.

Don't worry everyone, somehow, Cash is going to pry away Olson, Manaea, and Reynolds without giving up the farm because...reasons?

It is frustrating.

Cash can convince me otherwise if he actually manages to outsmart the entire league...but I have zero confidence right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    They fired Girardi?
    Decided on Boone [emoji3064]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IceHawk-181 View Post
    If Cash came out and said they had confidence in the kids and would be spending the next two years building around them, I would be all in.

100% Do it.

But he did not.

Cash set the expectation that the team needed a SS and a CF to build a 2022 competitor.

And then they sit out on Seager, apparently barely kicked the tires on Marcus, indicated they do not want major deals in either AAV or length, and are waiting out the market on Correa and Story...

And now we have Cone and Kay out there lecturing fans that Cash has it under control and we need to hold our tongues until we roll into Spring Training.

Don't worry everyone, somehow, Cash is going to pry away Olson, Manaea, and Reynolds without giving up the farm because...reasons?

It is frustrating.

Cash can convince me otherwise if he actually manages to outsmart the entire league...but I have zero confidence right now.
    He also told us Boone was more the solution than the problem,,, so there we have it

Quote Originally Posted by IceHawk-181 View Post

100% Do it.

But he did not.

It is frustrating.

cone and kay are yes men they have to be in their position..

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    Iím curious how does bringing back Sanchez help this team?

Nicky was being a tad sarcastic.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Nicky was being a tad sarcastic.
    I certainly hope so

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    Iím curious how does bringing back Sanchez help this team?

Because starting Higgy would be far worse.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    having gary catch in a 1 run or tied game late will be very bad..

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    It seems Wilson Contreras may be available on a trade (the Cubs just signed Yann Gomes for 2 years) so that leaves Contreras as a tradeable chip since he is a FA in 2023 and will make plenty in Arbitration in 2022.

Contreras is certainly an improvement over Sanchez both defensively and offensively.

Btw offering Gary Sanchez a contract doesn't stop the Yankees for exploring a market for him in a trade.

We may be looking as a big trading market for the Yankees this offseason they seem to prefer that route over FA signings.

If they got Freeman, I hope they go hard for Marte. You have talked about his flexibility and as much as I like Reynolds, if you could get Marte, who would likely be cheaper, you have a stop gap SS and then a stop Gap (2-4 years) CF. If Peraza goes off in ST and is ready? Great. Marte is your starting CF. Trade Gallo, move Hicks to LF and bring up Flo as your 4th OF.
    that makes alot of sense to me

They fired Girardi?
    Girardi was never fired. He was never resigned.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiNYC View Post
    It seems Wilson Contreras may be available on a trade (the Cubs just signed Yann Gomes for 2 years) so that leaves Contreras as a tradeable chip since he is a FA in 2023 and will make plenty in Arbitration in 2022.

Contreras is certainly an improvement over Sanchez both defensively and offensively.
    basically the same offense hr rbi's last year for both players..gary has 2 more home runs and 3 less rbi's in 30 less at bats then wilson..wilson had 17 more k's then gary in 30 more at bats,,, you will be getting wilson for defense ...but he and gary are going in the wrong direction

Talk is that there will be nothing until after the Super Bowl.

Everybody needs to watch the 1990ís Dynasty Yankee games on UTube for the fans on here who need to see real Yankee baseball at its best and were too young or weíre not even born during that time of incredible Yankee baseball.

3 days after the Super Bowl is my on prediction for the CBA.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 12-01-2021 at 05:53 PM.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiNYC View Post

While he would be an improvement over Sanchez, IMO i wouldn't chase him very hard. Defensively he's ok but certainly not great, from what i've seen.

I would much rather they try and get an elite defensive C like Murphy or possibly Kelley. A great defensive catcher would improve the pitching staff, which would be a huge benefit