Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 174 of 220 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 3292
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    And per Jack Curry weíre tendering a contract to Gary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    YES!!! ****ing Parade!! WS favorites now!

It would have been dumb to just let him walk. It's still a bummer that they traded the best defensive catcher and didn't sign another one.

Ignorance is bliss

Y Yankees News
    @NYYankeesNews1

1h
    The #Yankees have tendered a contract to Gio Urshela, Gary Sanchez, Domingo GermŠn and Lucas Luetge for 2022. Gio Urshela will make $6.5M, Domingo GermŠn $1.75M and Lucas Luetge 905K

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Not sure whoís a fireman, or what youíre referring to, but ok. And do you know Iím not a team owner for sure?

Seager brings power? I guess your definition of power and mine differs.

And the ďitís not my money, so why should I careĒ excuse is lame. If youíre even a casual fan of sports, you are aware that what guys cost matters a lot. If you told me that the team would spend 500M, then sure, buy everyone. But thatís obviously not the case, as proven by these exact conversations we are having. So us overspending on guys now may cause us to not be players later, when the right guys come up. And did us overspending year after year in the past guarantee anything? No

The only time we really dominated recently, was when George couldnít do as he pleased, and we built from within. Then used our resources to go get what we needed when it was there. Just because guys are there, and thereís someone out there willing to back up the brinks truck for them, doesnít mean itís smart to do so

I could care less personally. Buying a bunch of mercenaries, and then complaining about them and how overpaid they are later, isnít desirable to me. Because thatís what the majority of you crying about how we didnít buy everyone right now would be doing. Go root for the Rangers, if thatís what makes you happy. They must be a great organization, right?
    great post so true

Looks like the Yankees are trying hard to sign Freeman by tomorrow night. I don't know if they still have time though, meanwhile the Braves have a plan B in Matt Olson in case Freeman leaves and signs elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiNYC View Post
    Looks like the Yankees are trying hard to sign Freeman by tomorrow night. I don't know if they still have time though, meanwhile the Braves have a plan B in Matt Olson in case Freeman leaves and signs elsewhere.
    i rather have freeman then olsen better player and he will cost cheaper then correa..

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiNYC View Post
    How great would he be here, of all the 1st base options he's the one i want most. Great leader, great on both sides of the ball, championship experience. IMO he's a much better investment than any of the SS this winter. Him in YS hitting in between Judge and Stanton, wow.

If they get Freeman, they'll get a stop gap SS till Peraza is ready which I would be very happy about.

Still have to get a much better defensive C, now that Stallings and Barnhart are off the board Murphy should be their top priority.

Paxton is signing with the Red Soxs

Braves non tendered Richard RodrŪguez, I wouldn't mind a flyer on him. He's got very good stuff, if they could help him like they did with Holmes he might be worth a MILB deal

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    So basically, your response was ďjust becauseĒ

Got it
    You don't want to open that door.
    POPS - Crotona Park - 1952

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Someone looking for the fireman?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Sorry, fireman! I confused your new handle with some yokel!

Quote Originally Posted by jango2000 View Post
    careful, i don't think you wanna open that door either

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Again, I think it is how we value a player vs how the FO values a player.
    Ok, so you sign Seager to a 10 year deal at 325
    Then. you sign judge to a 7-8. year deal I the 240 range
    You have Cole for 300 and another 8 years
    You have Stanton at 20+ per for another 7 years.

In 4 years, you have a seriously declining Judge and Stanton making 50+ a year.
    Seager who will likely be playing second or third at age 32.
    Cole will be 35
    You still have at least 3 more years of these players at roughly 125 mil per. Even if the cap went to 220, you have more than half you AAV tied up in 4 players, 2 of whom are late 30s and likely shells of what they were.
    That leaves you 100 mil to pay your numbers 2-5 starters, pen, including set up and closer and the rest of the position players, including C, CF, LF, 1B, 2B and 4 bench players. So 100 mil for 12 pitchers and 9 position players

Would I have liked Seager? Sure. I think his bat would have been a great addition. Am I distraught? No.
    I think the Yankees are better suited using that 32 mil per to re-sign Judge, trade for a cost controlled player or two and fill out the pen.

Clown, the key is to win very early in those contract years like they did with Teix, CC and AJ. The 2010-2012 teams were still very good and key injuries in Oct games hurt their chances. But Teix and CC got the rings and the free pass for the entire contract. Again, if Tex wasnít hurt in that Oct game with the hammy and Jeter didnít go down in Oct 2012 the Yankees could have had 2 more WS appearances with a win attached. Those type of injuries just didnít happen during the Dynasty run.

And the key on the backend of the those deals is to have others come up via minors or make trades to keep the train running despite older declining players with big contracts. A 38 yr old Stanton could still pop an Oct homerun in the late innings. Look at some of the older players during the dynasty years who came thru with some big hits in Oct.

So the excuse of the backend of contracts is kind of weak when you are talking about the New York Yankees. And at the very least money can fix problems quick.

Seager at worst could have been the 3rd basemen in say like 2026 with one of the kids at SS. That contract has little affect to Yankee fans. All they see is the player in pinstripes at Yankee Stadium. They donít see their Bank accounts on the scoreboard with each at bat.

It seems Hal just does enough to try to get by for a few years. He will get Cole but in the next 4 years he keeps the checkbook closed with his mandate. He did that during the 2013-2014 seasons..He ordered Brian to go to yard sales for players like Overbay, Wells, Hafner, Youkilks.

And now they bring back Gary Sanchez?

Really?

That is our biggest offseason announcement?
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    How great would he be here, of all the 1st base options he's the one i want most. Great leader, great on both sides of the ball, championship experience. IMO he's a much better investment than any of the SS this winter. Him in YS hitting in between Judge and Stanton, wow.

If they get Freeman, they'll get a stop gap SS till Peraza is ready which I would be very happy about.

Still have to get a much better defensive C, now that Stallings and Barnhart are off the board Murphy should be their top priority.
    Well, getting Sanchez and THAT bat back will sure help the team.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    careful, i don't think you wanna open that door either
    A bit busy to take on that challenge, but oh so tempting. I'm gonna holster my guns...

for now.

Seems like I did already

Sorry, fireman! I confused your new handle with some yokel!
    Not all youíre confused about. With that lack of a response, Iíd reconsider insulting people.