Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 156 of 220 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166206 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 3292
    So no Semien for 7 years for the Yankees. No Correa.

We will get some defensive wiz who will be up as the last batter in a WC game with the team trailing and runners on 2nd and 3rd with 2 outs…and he hits a soft liner to right for the final out….

Hal has been brainwashed by Brian with the two kids in the minors, Volpe and Peraza. Cashman will say they would be cheaper alternatives as it keeps the payroll lower and then he can trade for some pitcher who is coming off an injury and is a bounce back candidate with controllable years ahead.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I can’t get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Nothing to get excited about with this off-season.

I’ll see you all after the Super Bowl when pitchers and catchers report in Feb….

I have the Bucs, my new PS5, my new gaming laptop keeping me occupied during the winter..

Have a nice holiday to all as well!

See you all in 3 months!
    That 3 months just flew by!

He will be a huge pickup for the Rays…they can always shine a turds. Kluber is not a turd but you know what I mean.

We will get some defensive wiz who will be up as the last batter in a WC game with the team trailing and runners on 2nd and 3rd with 2 outs…and he hits a soft liner to right for the final out….

Hal has been brainwashed by Brian with the two kids in the minors, Volpe and Peraza. Cashman will say they would be cheaper alternatives as it keeps the payroll lower and then he can trade for some pitcher who is coming off an injury and is a bounce back candidate with controllable years ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    good news for u, something else to whine about

Semien, especially at those terms wasn't a fit for us anyway.

If he got 7yrs no way Correa or Seager settle for anything short of 10
    well cashman was delusional in his belief that neither correa or seager would get 10 years. now that semien got 7 years 175 at his age of 31 reality has set in time for the yanks to get a deal done..correa who is 27 should get 10 years since he is a great defensive ss..

cashman been with the yanks so long he has hoodwinked hal...

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    well cashman was delusional in his belief that neither correa or seager would get 10 years. now that semien got 7 years 175 at his age of 31 reality has set in time for the yanks to get a deal done..correa who is 27 should get 10 years since he is a great defensive ss..
    Whether it’s “delusional”, or….just doesn’t want to do it

I agree. Just because it’s possibly “market value” doesn’t mean we should do it. And also, because someone paid for a player, doesn’t guarantee there’s a bigger market for better players. And did he say those guys won’t get 10?

Sources: Mets have offered Scherzer more than $40 million per year. Length unknown. Doesn’t mean he’ll sign there; that’s still unclear.

it is embarrassing as a yankee fan to read stories like these ...

I follow two teams, Yanks and Cubs. Just as the Yank's fans here are getting worried/upset they haven't signed any FAs yet, so are the Cubs' fan since they also haven't signed anyone yet either. Since they traded about 7 of their stars last year, Cubs now have somewhere between $90 Mill- 110 (maybe 115) Mill to spend this off-season on FAs. And they need a SS, 2 SPs, a closer, a set-up man, one OF and a back-up C (and maybe a 3B.)
    Last edited by Stevemil505; 11-28-2021 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    That 3 months just flew by!
    Oh ya.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Kevin Gausman to the Blue Jays 5/110

Jays are loading up!

Yanks continue to sit back and eat popcorn. And I’m sure Hal won’t spend any money for butter either.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 11-28-2021 at 10:16 PM.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Mush, your forgetting what players cost now, compared to the yrs George was in charge. Jeter made about 19M a yr in his prime yrs, Arod got 25M in his first monster deal. 19m is the qualifying offer and only gets u a 32yr old Marte till his late 30, 25m gets you Siemen till his late 30's. Clemens cost us 25m for 1yr, now a guy like Verlander who hasn't pitched in 2yrs and coming off TJS is going to be 39 and gets 2yrs 50m. Scherzer is looking for 3yr120m and is likely going to get it.

If our payroll had gone up as much as salaries in the last 20yrs then we could take on theses kind of deals, but it hasn't. Our payroll has stayed in the same 200m range for since the time George was in charge. A 200M payroll in the early 2000's would be about 350m now with inflation and the cost of players. Could the Yanks spend that much, maybe? but with the current CBA their are way to many penalties if you spend that kind of money multiple yrs in a row. Unless they due away with the luxury tax we can't buy rings like we did before.

It doesn't matter if the fans like it or not but to stay competitive you have to build from within. Prospects have failed here, the majority of them fail everywhere but that doesn't mean u stop trying. You don't get the next Tatis, Vlad Jr, Acuna or any of the other great young players if you don't keep them around.

Volpe was the best all around hitter in the MILB last yr according to MLB.com. Peraza is an elite defensively and MLB ready according to many advanced scouts. If either come close to there potential that the scouts see, Correa and Seager aren't going to worth the 30M plus more they are going to making compared to the kids.

If we could spend 350m, which would be about the equivalent of what we used to spend, then the specs wouldn't matter as much, but it's just not that way anymore. The business of baseball has changed and every team has to adapt. Giving guys like Correa and Seager 10yrs plus 300m plus isn't the smartest move when your 2 best specs could give you very similar production in the next couple yrs.

There are some very good players available this yr, but none i would call top 10 overall. No one is putting up Arod type numbers or have his talent but your going to see a couple guys get that kinda money or more. It's great that George was able to due things his way in his time, but those times are gone.

Until we can spend 350M without massive penalties your going to see teams focus on developing from within and adding to that with trades and FA. As great as it would be, teams can no longer build long term with FA

If top free agents are not willing to sign 1 or 2 year deals at below 1984 prices I would rather just go into 2022 with kids who have never faced MLB pitching...

The front office really needs to be sure we hit that profit margin for 2025, regardless of how far the team falls behind.

Save that money Cash!

Kevin Gausman to the Blue Jays 5/110

Jays are loading up!

Yanks continue to sit back and eat popcorn. And I’m sure Hal won’t spend any money for butter either.
    i rather have robbie ray then gausman who after the crackdown era went way up.. can they afford to sign robbie ray as well?

everyone will be signed before dec 01... 2 days left to go

Quote Originally Posted by IceHawk-181 View Post
    If top free agents are not willing to sign 1 or 2 year deals at below 1984 prices I would rather just go into 2022 with kids who have never faced MLB pitching...

The front office really needs to be sure we hit that profit margin for 2025, regardless of how far the team falls behind.

Save that money Cash!
    so you would rather not make the playoffs next year then..

hal is becoming the worse kind of owner for the yankees if he does nothing this off season