Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 152 of 220 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 3292
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Nationals front office would die of laughter if you proposed such a deal.
    Of course they would, which is why he's the type of player you would be willing to trade Judge for. The question was why are you all valuing Judge so poorly, when he's winning the same award.

I think he meant the 9nly other RFer who is clearly better than Judge is Soto.

Its being widely speculated with the Nats already having traded Max and Turner that they will look to move Soto in the next yr. The already listened to offers from the Padres for him at the deadline. With the haul they could get back for him and what they already have gotten from the Dodgers, they would be well on their way to a nice rebuild.

I think if u offered them Volpe, Dominguez and Gil that would be very interesting for them. They would get a future infield stud in Volpe, Dominguez even with the slow start is still a toolahed and a potential star and Gil gives them a MLB ready pitcher with TORP. Throw in a Way, Gomez or Garcia that would be a hell of a hual for them.

The speculation is Soto could get a deal in the 13-15 yr range with a 500m total. Heís one of thw only players that i would think could be worth that kind of contract. Heís only 23, so that length of extension isnt unreasonable

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Of course they would, which is why he's the type of player you would be willing to trade Judge for. The question was why are you all valuing Judge so poorly, when he's winning the same award.
    I'm not valuing Judge poorly. He's a great hitter. I'm simply being realistic. Just because they "won the same award" doesn't mean that they provide the same level of production (especially if we're talking moving forward from here).

i would be surprised if the yanks did anything significant this off season they.. hal has turned into ebernezer scrooge.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Agreed Judge is an elite player that u keep. That said a long term contract extension is going to be a big gamble. I think they absolutely have to do it but have Stanton and Judge making a ton of money into their late 30s could be very, very ugly.
    Then why would you do it?

You canít have it both ways. All Hal and a Cashman saw from the Stanton trade and the remaining money was how much they were saving with Jeter taking away some of the salary.

In reality you cannot have both Judge and Stanton playing DH in their mid to late 30s.

Either Trade Stanton to a team that he is willing to go to, let Judge walk and get that draft pick for compensation or trade him after the 2022 season for a haul. But the 7-10 year extension is not good business sense with Stanton around.

The problem is the Yankees have done absolutely nothing with both Judge and Stanton in Oct. One or two championships by now would have been nice and then I would have not cared if they kept both.

CC, Teix getting huge money and years was well worth it because they cashed in on their 1st year with the WS Title. They basically got free passes for their remaining years. It was just too bad that injuries in other Oct hurt their chances from 2010-2012 because those teams were no doubt championship quality teams. The Teix hammy killed them and then came the 2012 Jeter injury. Those type of Oct injuries never had happened in the Dynasty years of 1996-2001. You could say the same thing killed them in 2003 WS with the Wells bad back injury. Once he was removed in the 2nd inning the Yankees were toast.

That is why I wanted a WS win in the first 3-5 years of getting Stanton. What sucks is Stanton was on a roll in Oct 2020 and thenYankees never took advantage. The same in this past WC loss to Boston. Stanton thrives in Oct.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 11-25-2021 at 06:42 AM.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

Quote Originally Posted by IceHawk-181 View Post
    This is the financial side of the game that we as fans often overlook entirely. $15MM is a very manageable AAV that the franchise can build a budget around.

A number of front offices prefer the predictability aspect of these contracts.

Just imagine if the Yankees had bought out Judge for this deal after he came up...

Just think about it when they extended Hicks and Sevy. Horrible extension results so far.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

I think he meant the 9nly other RFer who is clearly better than Judge is Soto.

Its being widely speculated with the Nats already having traded Max and Turner that they will look to move Soto in the next yr. The already listened to offers from the Padres for him at the deadline. With the haul they could get back for him and what they already have gotten from the Dodgers, they would be well on their way to a nice rebuild.

I think if u offered them Volpe, Dominguez and Gil that would be very interesting for them. They would get a future infield stud in Volpe, Dominguez even with the slow start is still a toolahed and a potential star and Gil gives them a MLB ready pitcher with TORP. Throw in a Way, Gomez or Garcia that would be a hell of a hual for them.

The speculation is Soto could get a deal in the 13-15 yr range with a 500m total. Heís one of thw only players that i would think could be worth that kind of contract. Heís only 23, so that length of extension isnt unreasonable
    Iíd go hard after Soto. He would absolutely destroy Yankee Stadium with 81 games per season. But I could easily see Washington extending him.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Then why would you do it?

You canít have it both ways. All Hal and a Cashman saw from the Stanton trade and the remaining money was how much they were saving with Jeter taking away some of the salary.
    I would do it because he's Judge, no matter what the duplication of Stanton is to the team.

You don't get rid of Ohtani when his contract arbitration time is up, just because you have Trout signed for twice as much money as it is costing the Angels as it is costing the Yankees for Stanton.

Mush is partly right about Stanton and Judge. We are going to have 3 to 5 years of them splitting time at DH with the last couple of years unbearable.
    They are duplicates. Giants prone to injury. The problem is Judge is a true Yankee and say what you will about pinstripes, the game is about the players. They are the heroes.
    I would never have become a Yankee fan just because I'm from the Bronx. It was hearing from parents and grandparents about the legends from their time through to mine.. Ruth, Dimaggio, Gehrig, Yogi, Mantle, Maris, Whitey, Reggie, Gator, Goose, Donny, Jetes, Bernie, Mario, this is what makes the game. Not the goddamned uniform, or the location.
    Judge is the classiest player we've got. Period.
    For this reason, I think we have to find a taker for Stanton, while he's hot. The last five years of his contract will be hell for him getting booed in the Bronx. Convince him to be smart and go where the fans aren't as merciless.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm actually a Stanton fan. But he's a hired gun. Judge is a true Yankee.
    For me, ideally, Hal just adopts the idea that you buy the great players and eat the last three years of the deal as the price of bringing regular championships back to the Bronx, until we can build another Dynasty. If that ever happens again.
    POPS - Crotona Park - 1952

Happy thanksgiving [emoji884] fellas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Iíd go hard after Soto. He would absolutely destroy Yankee Stadium with 81 games per season. But I could easily see Washington extending him.
    i would give the nats anything they want for soto including both ss prospects anything..

https://www.nj.com/yankees/2021/11/y...to-astros.html i figured after another failure in the playoffs the yanks would do anything to win next year apparently not.. from what i am seeing

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    https://www.nj.com/yankees/2021/11/y...to-astros.html i figured after another failure in the playoffs the yanks would do anything to win next year apparently not.. from what i am seeing
    Wrong again, committing 2yrs and 50m to a 38yr pitcher coming off TJS would have been the bad move. 1yr is a gamble you take, but 2yrs at that price the Yanks did the right thing by not budging on that offer

Wrong again, committing 2yrs and 50m to a 38yr pitcher coming off TJS would have been the bad move. 1yr is a gamble you take, but 2yrs at that price the Yanks did the right thing by not budging on that offer
    I think their hired veteran gun could be Tanaka for much less money than Verlander.

Well, a few days ago MLB and the MLB Players Union moved up the basic agreement ending date to November 30th. So, teams only have until Monday to make a splash before there is a freeze on all transactions. Why was it done? Does the extra day give the owners. a better chance to save the baseball meetings scheduled for December 11th. Elsewise, will this cause a panic and a wealth of transactions this weekend with physicals on Monday or will teams run out of time quicker and not do them. More importantly, will the Yankees sign anyone at all? Is their a weekend Ninja move out there to be made?