Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 228 of 228 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228
Results 3,406 to 3,410 of 3410
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    The above was predicated on Clown's assumption that Torres is gone.
    I will Use the short post to respond to a longer one!

Doc, I still believe SS needs the strongest arm and that they've got the longest throw. Anything that moves them away from their glove side, dramatically increases the throw.
    From starting points of alignment, 3B has the longer throw but anything into the 3b-SS hole, changes that.

Ignorance is bliss

If I were starting a team, as for fielding, I'd want to prioritize C, SS, CF as the top 3, followed by 3B, RF, 1B, as the next 3 and 2B, LF as the lowest relevance. So why do we construct a team with a less tan average fielding catcher, no SS and no CF depth, while having multiple 2B? LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    If I were starting a team, as for fielding, I'd want to prioritize C, SS, CF as the top 3, followed by 3B, RF, 1B, as the next 3 and 2B, LF as the lowest relevance. So why do we construct a team with a less tan average fielding catcher, no SS and no CF depth, while having multiple 2B? LOL.
    Bingo.
    Build your team up the middle.

But fear not, the Yankees have an excellent RF and LF. So all is good.

Ignorance is bliss

I have a feeling the owners are really going to stick it to the players.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I have a feeling the owners are really going to stick it to the players.
    I'm more often on the side of the owners (not being a communist as others on this board - Hah Hah), but this is disappointing and makes me shift to the players side on yesterday's negotiations.

https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/22...ion-bonus-pool

If this report is correct and the owners only raised the under one year salary to $615 K and didn't raise the one and two year salaries at all, then they are really acting like jerks. The players demand of $775 K seems reasonable to me. In fact, I feel that it should be $1 million.

Also, the players want a pre-arbitration bonus pool of $100 million and the owners counter with $10 million?!?! Still, if $10 million makes it into the final agreement, at least it opens the door for future increases.