Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 183 of 221 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,745 of 3314
    Interesting development, the rule 5 draft has been cancelled this yr due to the lockout. No word if they plan to rescheduled it or not. I wonder if the Yanks had a feeling this would happen, would explain the Breaux move a little more

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    How about if we payed him say 32m AAV and he put up his avg seasons? 110 games played 20 ish HRs 85 rbi .275 avg. Fans would be screaming what a waste of money he is. If people thought the Stanton hate was bad, that would be nothing.

Peraza would offer pretty similar defense, and by yr 2 i would be surprised if he didn't put up similar offense stats, for 1 fraction of the cost. IMO there are much better ways to spend that kind of money this off season
    100%

Thatís why I was saying all along I didnít like a mega-deal for him. I mean, heís good, no doubt. But how much better is he than a solid starter? 15-20M a year better? Nope..

Especially when one of the prospects might be able to pay dividends sooner than later. And a few good prospects come up and contribute, that brings payroll down, then we can go make the big ticket signings elsewhere
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 12-04-2021 at 06:56 PM.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Interesting development, the rule 5 draft has been cancelled this yr due to the lockout. No word if they plan to rescheduled it or not. I wonder if the Yanks had a feeling this would happen, would explain the Breaux move a little more
    Great point!! There must be some truth to it.
    I understood the "We didn't think he was close enough to the bigs, so we didn't think a team would take him" comment but it's still super risky for a high level spec.

Ignorance is bliss

Seiya Suzuki, sounds like the Yanks are very interested in him according to reports coming out of Japan. Sounds like they may have so interest in him for CF

Seiya Suzuki, sounds like the Yanks are very interested in him according to reports coming out of Japan. Sounds like they may have so interest in him for CF
    Exceot he's decided to stay at least 1 more year in Japan.

Except he's decided to stay at least 1 more year in Japan.

When did that come out? Today?

Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    he was posted on Nov 22 and as of 2hrs ago MLB trade rumors said he was still available. Are u thinking Tanaka?

Wrong player. I suppose you are thinking of Tomoyuki Sugano a RHP with the Yomiuri Giants who declined the international opt-out clause in his contract and will remain with the Yomiuri Giants for at least one more season.
    Last edited by ShinobiNYC; 12-05-2021 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiNYC View Post
    Wrong player. I suppose you are thinking of Tomoyuki Sugano a RHP with the Yomiuri Giants who declined the international opt-out clause in his contract and will remain with the Yomiuri Giants for at least one more season.
    Yeah i saw that, there is a kid over there that supposed to be in the Darvish/ Tanaka level, i forget his name but when he becomes available the Yanks should be all over him.

I will bet they try very hard to get Suzuki. They have done very well with Asian players with Matsui and Tanaka, Igawa not so much, and it brings a big revenue stream which would appeal to Hal.

Suzuki, sounds like he can really play. Great defender with one of the best arms in that league. He's been a really good hitter over there but they don't have the velo over there we do. If they think he can adjust, he might be worth a shot.

That's the one I was thinking of, sorry!

That's the one I was thinking of, sorry!
    It's ok ;-)

Yeah i saw that, there is a kid over there that supposed to be in the Darvish/ Tanaka level, i forget his name but when he becomes available the Yanks should be all over him.

I will bet they try very hard to get Suzuki. They have done very well with Asian players with Matsui and Tanaka, Igawa not so much, and it brings a big revenue stream which would appeal to Hal.

Suzuki, sounds like he can really play. Great defender with one of the best arms in that league. He's been a really good hitter over there but they don't have the velo over there we do. If they think he can adjust, he might be worth a shot.
    Yeah I saw many highlights of Suzuki, really good contact hitter who should hit for average with us. I don't think the power would translate much though. I see him as a Ichiro type of player without the speed or arm (decent arm but nothing like Ichiro).

Also people forget that balls are smaller in the NPL (Japan), so sometimes it's easier for a hitter to come here and succeed than it would be for a pitcher. Hence why Ohtani, Ichiro, Matsui,...etc. did so well and so soon in the Majors.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Yeah I saw many highlights of Suzuki, really good contact hitter who should hit for average with us. I don't think the power would translate much though. I see him as a Ichiro type of player without the speed or arm (decent arm but nothing like Ichiro).
    But he can play SS, 3rd and OF, correct? He. could be a good choice if that is the case. Sort of a poor man's K Marte. (Not for ability but for cost.)

Ignorance is bliss