Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 229 of 277 FirstFirst ... 129179219227228229230231239 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,435 of 4143
  1. #3421
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    42,783
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Yankees have great internal candidate to replace closer Aroldis Chapman, scouts say
    Updated: Jan. 27, 2022, 10:45 a.m. | Published: Jan. 27, 2022, 10:43 a.m.

    https://www.nj.com/yankees/2022/01/y...couts-say.html
    Including yourself, how many of us have mentioned this? A dozen?
    Cashman should just read this forum and he would make the Yankees a constant WS winner

    No one can get through that much Lasagna
    Too much Lasagna puts them to sleep



    Ignorance is bliss

  2. #3422
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    42,783
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    The one deal for Marte and Kelly is off because of concerns with Marte's arm and being unsure if he will be able to play CF going forward. I was told that the Yanks weren't going to include Peraza and Wells to get another 2nd baseman.

    I have been told about 2 other deals but both of those is dependent on the NL getting the DH and we would be the ones getting specs back

    To my knowledge, and i'm certain i don't know close to everything, we have not agreed to trading any of our top specs.

    I talked to one of my sources yesterday, he works for Boras now as a scout, the Yanks are leaning towards either a stop gap or giving Peraza the job if he can win it in ST.

    I was also told the Yanks are still very, very much in on Seya Suzuki and not to believe the Soxs are the front runners. That was based on them trading Renfroe and not much else. He's rumored to prefer a west coast team but the Yanks have yet to jump in with both feet until they know what the luxury tax is going to be
    Take it FWIW

    Would you swap Torres for Marte? I certainly consider it, simply for the fit in the lineup.

    I still love the idea of Hosmer and Abrams but I know that is unlikely. The more I look into Campusano, the less I like the idea of another, bat first, catcher.

    I really hope your friend working for Boras is correct and they go stop gap or Peraza.

    THis could get wild.



    Ignorance is bliss

  3. #3423
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    8,628
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Would you swap Torres for Marte? I certainly consider it, simply for the fit in the lineup.

    I still love the idea of Hosmer and Abrams but I know that is unlikely. The more I look into Campusano, the less I like the idea of another, bat first, catcher.

    I really hope your friend working for Boras is correct and they go stop gap or Peraza.

    THis could get wild.
    Perhaps the Yankee agree with us on catcher, because they didn't want Campusano as incentive to take on salary, but wanted the SS instead.

  4. #3424
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    38,085
    Carlos Beltran has been hired as a game analyst by the YES Network and is expected to call 36 games, matching number he wore as a Yankee. Smart and insightful, @carlosbeltran15 will be a strong addition to our booth. Welcome, Carlos! @AndrewMarchand first reported possibility

    - Offically offical

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  5. #3425
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    14,502
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Would you swap Torres for Marte? I certainly consider it, simply for the fit in the lineup.

    I still love the idea of Hosmer and Abrams but I know that is unlikely. The more I look into Campusano, the less I like the idea of another, bat first, catcher.

    I really hope your friend working for Boras is correct and they go stop gap or Peraza.

    THis could get wild.
    I'd drive Torres to AZ to make that deal, lol

    Unless they do absolutely nothing i still think missing out on Barnhart and Stalings will be the biggest mistake they make this winter. I'd do the Hosmer and Abrams deal in a second though but that seems unlikely

    I hope he's right also, If i had to guess i would say that his opinions seem to be based on a lack of interest in Correa. Then again Cashman plays everything so close to the vest who knows

  6. #3426
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Earth is my turf
    Posts
    5,432
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I'd drive Torres to AZ to make that deal, lol

    Unless they do absolutely nothing i still think missing out on Barnhart and Stalings will be the biggest mistake they make this winter. I'd do the Hosmer and Abrams deal in a second though but that seems unlikely

    I hope he's right also, If i had to guess i would say that his opinions seem to be based on a lack of interest in Correa. Then again Cashman plays everything so close to the vest who knows
    Day what do you think about Abrams? I know you have mentioned him before but if hes solid like its been reported why would we trade for a lefty hitting SS? Is he able to play other positions at the MLB level?
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

  7. #3427
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    14,502
    Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    Day what do you think about Abrams? I know you have mentioned him before but if hes solid like its been reported why would we trade for a lefty hitting SS? Is he able to play other positions at the MLB level?
    Yes, they think he could play 2nd, SS, 3rd, CF and LF. He's an incredible athlete with 70 or better speed, plus arm and great instincts for the ball. I think any time you can add a LHed or switch hitter to the Yanks its not a bad thing. If they could pull of that trade adding him to Peraza and eventually Volpe would give us an unbelievable athletic, fast, plus defensive young core up the middle.

    I'd put him or Peraza in CF and the other at SS and watch them create havoc on the bases

  8. #3428
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    14,502
    Thanks for posting that Slick. Id rather see him in the clubhouse help players. Maybe this is a start to that?

  9. #3429
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    8,628
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Carlos Beltran has been hired as a game analyst by the YES Network and is expected to call 36 games, matching number he wore as a Yankee. Smart and insightful, @carlosbeltran15 will be a strong addition to our booth. Welcome, Carlos! @AndrewMarchand first reported possibility

    - Offically offical

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Hope they get his better side. LOL.

  10. #3430
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    6,326
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Carlos Beltran has been hired as a game analyst by the YES Network and is expected to call 36 games, matching number he wore as a Yankee. Smart and insightful, @carlosbeltran15 will be a strong addition to our booth. Welcome, Carlos! @AndrewMarchand first reported possibility

    - Offically offical

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk


    I would rather have had him in a more hands on position. His thoughts will be welcome but doesn't really do anything for the on field product.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  11. #3431
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,871
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I'd drive Torres to AZ to make that deal, lol

    Unless they do absolutely nothing i still think missing out on Barnhart and Stalings will be the biggest mistake they make this winter. I'd do the Hosmer and Abrams deal in a second though but that seems unlikely

    I hope he's right also, If i had to guess i would say that his opinions seem to be based on a lack of interest in Correa. Then again Cashman plays everything so close to the vest who knows

    Agreed on missing out on Barnhart and Stallings. Barnhart was traded as soon as the season ended, don't know if Detroit just beat us to it? The guy that Detroit gave up can you compare him to what YANKEE? We would have had to give up what to top the deal Cincy got?
    Stallings you mentioned we thought we had,,if we have to overpay at a particular position this should be the one. not only do we not have a starting major League catcher we don't have one quickly in the pipeline like a Perazza for instance.
    Isn't it a bit telling when our ace doesn't like to have Gary catch him?

  12. #3432
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    14,502
    I just looked up the Barnhart trade and am a little surprised. Detroit gave up a 24 yr old 3rd baseman that played in the Complex league last yr. As far as the Yankee's equivalent, u could probably pick anyone in our 20-40 range and they would have been better. How we let that get passed us i have zero clue. Good Job Cash, parade

  13. #3433
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    8,373
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Saying that DJ isn't going anywhere is because I think it will be way more difficult to move DJ.

    Can he be moved? Yes.

    If he doesn't get back to form, how many teams will be interested in trading for him?

    If he does get back to form, why trade him?

    I think he can be an excellent 1B if they lock him into that spot. I think he's a good hitter and will be better this year.

    I have zero issue if they move him but I think Torres is a far easier sell and will net much more at this point.

    I think a lot of teams looking for a veteran 2b will take a former glove glove and someone who probably should have won the mvp in 2020 for 15 million a year. Like a lot. DJ should be no problem to move imo. In years past people would always say, we can't move this player and that player because they have a no trade clause, blah, blah, blah, but now Cashman has no excuse. If DJ has another year like this past one it will be near, if not outright impossible to move him. We'll be stuck with him for the remainder of this season and the next 4 years with his 15 million clogging up a payroll, which plays up much higher because this teams spends money like a mid to lower tier franchise with a small payroll. The difference between us and the As or Tigers is we literally never let anyone go even when they're bad! The only players we've let go is Clint Frazier, and that's only because Cashman never liked him.

  14. #3434
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    14,502
    According to Eli Fishman and Andy Martino, Cashman has said they are unwilling to trade Peraza in a deal for Matt Olsen.

    Hearing that from Cash really makes me think they will give him every opportunity to win that SS job as soon as he's ready.

    The more and more i'm hearing they are heavily leaning towards a stop gap at SS until Peraza is ready.

    I was told the other day the asking price for Olsen was 1 of Dom or Peraza, plus 1 of Waldichuk, Gil or Medina plus another top 10 spec like Wells or Pereira. No way in the world is 2yrs of Olsen worth that much. In the case of Peraza and the pitchers those aren't specs that are yrs away, they are all guys who could play big roles for us next yr.

    I was told their current wish list at 1st was Freeman, Rizzo, DJ then Olsen at the current asking price. Freeman leaving the Braves is starting to sound much more realistic. The Braves don't like long term extensions for player over 30 of 100m or more and the Dodgers do business the same way. 6yrs 180 is the current ask and thats alot of money but Freeman really is the perfect solution at 1st IMO. Elite glove, hits for avg, contact and power from the LH side. Plus he brings championship experience and leadership as well as being a no BS clubhouse guy. He wouldn't have a problem reading Sanchez, Torres or anyone else with a lazy bone, the riot act if they weren't hustling. He's only going to cost money, alot i realize, but putting him in between Judge and Stanton, good grief that would be a tough middle of the order. Especially if Lawson can get Gallo back to hitting .230 or better and cut down on the K's. Freeman is actually a pretty descent athlete for a 1st baseman

    I was also told that they are most likely going with Hicks in CF, which i would be ok with. Especially if Flo was the 4th OFer

    FWIW
    Last edited by dayners81; 02-01-2022 at 06:49 PM.

  15. #3435
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Earth is my turf
    Posts
    5,432
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    According to Eli Fishman and Andy Martino, Cashman has said they are unwilling to trade Peraza in a deal for Matt Olsen.

    Hearing that from Cash really makes me think they will give him every opportunity to win that SS job as soon as he's ready.

    The more and more i'm hearing they are heavily leaning towards a stop gap at SS until Peraza is ready.

    I was told the other day the asking price for Olsen was 1 of Dom or Peraza, plus 1 of Waldichuk, Gil or Medina plus another top 10 spec like Wells or Pereira. No way in the world is 2yrs of Olsen worth that much. In the case of Peraza and the pitchers those aren't specs that are yrs away, they are all guys who could play big roles for us next yr.

    I was told their current wish list at 1st was Freeman, Rizzo, DJ then Olsen at the current asking price. Freeman leaving the Braves is starting to sound much more realistic. The Braves don't like long term extensions for player over 30 of 100m or more and the Dodgers do business the same way. 6yrs 180 is the current ask and thats alot of money but Freeman really is the perfect solution at 1st IMO. Elite glove, hits for avg, contact and power from the LH side. Plus he brings championship experience and leadership as well as being a no BS clubhouse guy. He wouldn't have a problem reading Sanchez, Torres or anyone else with a lazy bone, the riot act if they weren't hustling. He's only going to cost money, alot i realize, but putting him in between Judge and Stanton, good grief that would be a tough middle of the order. Especially if Lawson can get Gallo back to hitting .230 or better and cut down on the K's. Freeman is actually a pretty descent athlete for a 1st baseman

    I was also told that they are most likely going with Hicks in CF, which i would be ok with. Especially if Flo was the 4th OFer

    FWIW
    Hard pass if thats the asking price for Olsen.

    Do you think Freeman is worth that money? I feel as if Rizzo is a Freeman lite.

    I am all for the stop gap but I like Peraza winning the position outright but I also think that we are going to go through some growing pains on the hitting side with him so I will save me being critical of his hitting until the AS break whether he starts on fire or if he is not hitting his weight. I am more interested in what he does with the glove and adjusting for the first couple of months.

    At this point I don't see Hicks staying healthy the entire season and Flo getting major playing time this season. Who else could come in and be the 5th OF?
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •