Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 215 of 277 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217225265 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,225 of 4143
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I will be thrilled if this FO stays away from that type of trade for Olson.

Rizzo is fine with me at first.
    Suzuki? Meh. I'd be happy if he ended up here but he's not a true CF and he's a righty bat. A good one and a good contact bat but if you remove Hicks, I hope it's for a lefty.
    Along those lines, It is beyond me why they don't give Flo a chance. Bat 225/300 with 30 sb,15-20 HR and play elite level D in cf? I would sign up for that as my 9th hitter. You have high level specs in the farm a couple years away, so Flo even as a stop gap would be perfect.

DJ 3b
    Judge RF
    Rizzo 1B
    Stanton DH
    Torres 2b
    Gallo LF
    Sanchez C
    Peraza SS
    Flo CF

I would be thrilled with that.
    4 guys from the minor league system playing everyday would be nice. I just don't see the Yankees or Cashman going with two young guys. I do really like that lineup if they play to their potential its a scary lineup.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    4 guys from the minor league system playing everyday would be nice. I just don't see the Yankees or Cashman going with two young guys. I do really like that lineup if they play to their potential its a scary lineup.
    Five Guys

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Five Guys
    Who did I miss?

DJ 3b - FA
    Judge RF - Yankee homegrown
    Rizzo 1B - trade from Cubs
    Stanton DH - trade from Marlins
    Torres 2b - trade from Cubs
    Gallo LF - trade from Rangers
    Sanchez C - Yankee homegrown
    Peraza SS - Yankee homegrown
    Flo CF - Yankee homegrown
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

There's no doubt Cash acquires starting pitching it's just they are all failures. He reminds me of the episode in the Honeymooners when one of Ralph's crazy get rich schemes goes wrong and he say's to Alice "no one is 100%" and she say's "oh yes you are you're wrong every time"
    I wonder if Sonny Gray did not have the mindset to be a YANKEE? (I'm sure that did not come up with Cashman's crack A+analytics team) We can't deny pitching here is a different ballgame and some guy's just aren't built for it. You have to wonder why he did so well in Oakland and Cincy,but not so much here.

I'm fine with Rizzo at first base especially with what it would cost us for Olson in players and Freeman's age and the dollars it would cost for him. I also LOVE the fact that he liked it here and would like to remain a YANKEE.

I'm also fine with giving Flo the shot at CF. I know his numbers are not great in the minors all I know is what I saw while he was here at the show and what kind of exciting winning baseball we were playing while he was here, and what he added to the club. Does that translate to a successful 162 game Sked? I don't know but I'm willing to find out
    Last edited by runnermjr1296; 01-12-2022 at 12:18 PM.

Who did I miss?

DJ 3b - FA
    Judge RF - Yankee homegrown
    Rizzo 1B - trade from Cubs
    Stanton DH - trade from Marlins
    Torres 2b - trade from Cubs
    Gallo LF - trade from Rangers
    Sanchez C - Yankee homegrown
    Peraza SS - Yankee homegrown
    Flo CF - Yankee homegrown
    You're correct. I counted Torres as Home grown, because he was in A ball when the Yankees got him and developed him for the major leagues a couple of years later.

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    There's no doubt Cash acquires starting pitching it's just they are all failures. He reminds me of the episode in the Honeymooners when one of Ralph's crazy get rich schemes goes wrong and he say's to Alice "no one is 100%" and she say's "oh yes you are you're wrong every time"
    I wonder if Sonny Gray did not have the mindset to be a YANKEE? (I'm sure that did not come up with Cashman's crack A+analytics team) We can't deny pitching here is a different ballgame and some guy's just aren't built for it. You have to wonder why he did so well in Oakland and Cincy,but not so much here.

I'm fine with Rizzo at first base especially with what it would cost us for Olson in players and Freeman's age and the dollars it would cost for him. I also LOVE the fact that he liked it here and would like to remain a YANKEE.

I'm also fine with giving Flo the shot at CF. I know his numbers are not great in the minors all I know is what I saw while he was here at the show and what kind of exciting winning baseball we were playing while he was here, and what he added to the club. Does that translate to a successful 162 game Sked? I don't know but I'm willing to find out
    Gray had performed well in big games dating all the way back to college before the Yankees traded for him. If Gray sucked because he couldn't handle NY then there is literally no way they could have ever known.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    You're correct. I counted Torres as Home grown, because he was in A ball when the Yankees got him and developed him for the major leagues a couple of years later.
    Ok we are both correct I remember he was young but didn't realize he was 19 when they traded for him. He made his debut at 21 so yeah the Yankees had a hand in developing him they just didn't draft him or sign him internationally.

Ok we are both correct I remember he was young but didn't realize he was 19 when they traded for him. He made his debut at 21 so yeah the Yankees had a hand in developing him they just didn't draft him or sign him internationally.
    He was also on the award winning Yes series entitled "Home Grown."

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Day, I know you hated Larry and absolutely love Sonny but do you ever look at the basic stats?

Iíll just use Sonnyís full season with the Yankees as an example.

How come Sonny pitched better than his normal CAREER averages in that 2018 season on the ROAD?

Was Larry gone fishing on those ROAD GAMES?

The HOME/ROAD splits are not even close Day.

Maybe, just maybe Sonny couldnít pitch at YANKEE STADIUM. Larry was still the pitching coach on the road and the numbers are terrific.

Home or Away -- Game-Level

Split W L W-L% ERA G GS GF CG SHO SV IP H R ER HR BB IBB SO HBP BK WP BF WHIP SO9 SO/W
    Home 4 4 .500 6.98 15 11 1 0 0 0 59.1 78 47 46 11 35 0 45 3 0 2 286 1.904 6.8 1.29
    Away 7 5 .583 3.17 15 12 1 0 0 0 71.0 60 26 25 3 22 0 78 5 1 7 296 1.155 9.9 3.55

I SAID once and Iíll say it again. Some starting pitchers just cannot handle the pressures of pitching at a Yankee Stadium.

Doyle Alexander, Ed Whitson, Steve Trout, Kenny Rogers, Sonny Gray. They are all cut from the same mold. Before coming to NY they were decent. While in NY they crumbled like a cheap tent. When they left NY they were back to their normal selves.

Day, it is different pitching in NY. Some can handle it and some canít. Sonny Gray couldnít handle it.
    Do you ever read things completely? All i said is we ruined him, which is a fact. Before Gray got here he was a very, very good pitcher and handled all the big games under bright lights from HS, to Vandy, to Oak and now in Cincy. Gray was always a very FB dominate pitcher, His 4 seam, 2 seam and cutter made up about 70% of his pitches thrown. Rothchild wanted him to throw a much higher % of breaking ball, closer to 50%. Rothchild and the anals screwed him up, maybe he couldn't handle pitching in NY also but why in the world would you try and completely change the way the TORP you gave up 3 top 100 specs for?

He went to Cincy, they got him throwing his old pitch mix and he was been very, very good for them.
    Last edited by dayners81; 01-12-2022 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Do you ever read things completely? All i said is we ruined him, which is a fact. Before Gray got here he was a very, very good pitcher and handled all the big games under bright lights from HS, to Vandy, to Oak and now in Cincy. Gray was always a very FB dominate pitcher, His 4 seam, 2 seam and cutter made up about 70% of his pitches thrown. Rothchild wanted him to throw a much higher % of breaking ball, closer to 50%. Rothchild and the anals screwed him up, maybe he couldn't handle pitching in NY also but why in the world would you try and completely change the way the TORP you gave up 3 top 100 specs for?

He went to Cincy, they got him throwing his old pitch mix and he was been very, very good for them.
    That is precisely the way I remember it unfolding. Once he left and went back to what he was most comfortable throwing he had success.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    That is precisely the way I remember it unfolding. Once he left and went back to what he was most comfortable throwing he had success.
    Lets completely go with the Rothchild screwed him up theory, then don't you guys find it even more concerning that we traded (what were at the time) 3 of our better prospects. tried to "fix" the pitcher we traded for and then we gave up on him and traded him to the Reds where he is now enjoying success again? Didn't anyone notice that he was not throwing what he used to throw when he was successful ? Did that not concern any of our brass? Did he not protest and say "this isn't what got me to the dance?" What does that say about the people we have in charge? Sure they fired Rothchild but no "eye in the sky" thought to themselves he used to throw 70% fastballs and he was successful why are we having him throw 50% breaking stuff now?? No one picked this up and we just gave up on him???

There is an article in the NY Post that was printed on Christmas Eve about how we screwed up Devi Garcia's mechanics and that seems to be the reason he was so bad this year. Ok there's a difference between mechanics and telling a guy what to throw but these are very alarming things to me

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    Lets completely go with the Rothchild screwed him up theory, then don't you guys find it even more concerning that we traded (what were at the time) 3 of our better prospects. tried to "fix" the pitcher we traded for and then we gave up on him and traded him to the Reds where he is now enjoying success again? Didn't anyone notice that he was not throwing what he used to throw when he was successful ? Did that not concern any of our brass? Did he not protest and say "this isn't what got me to the dance?" What does that say about the people we have in charge? Sure they fired Rothchild but no "eye in the sky" thought to themselves he used to throw 70% fastballs and he was successful why are we having him throw 50% breaking stuff now?? No one picked this up and we just gave up on him???

There is an article in the NY Post that was printed on Christmas Eve about how we screwed up Devi Garcia's mechanics and that seems to be the reason he was so bad this year. Ok there's a difference between mechanics and telling a guy what to throw but these are very alarming things to me
    Gray did go around Rothchild when he was having problems and they had him start working with the BP coach. By that point it was already to late and they couldn't get him turned around mid-late season. I wanted them to keep Gray and try and rebuild his value but the didn't think they could repair the relationship with him.

If I remember correctly they shopped him hard but that 1st round pick was the best they could get for him. The whole situation was a debacle. I'm not sure their was any other resolution possible but to sell low and walk away.

It was mishandled from the beginning with Gray. The silver lining for me is it forced Cashman to look for a new, modern type of pitching coach and pitching coaches through out the system. We have already started to see the benefits of having coaches like that. IMO, their plan to bring in other assistant pitching coaches, so a pitcher can work with the type of coach they are more comfortable with. Not all guys respond well to the tracer, trackers and the Rapsodo machines. IMO having multiple coaches to work with will only benefit this team in the long run. Can't do anything about how badly they screwed up in the past, that they acknowledged it and made changes to prevent it from happening in the future is the win for me.

@BryanHoch

7h
    Kevin Reese has been promoted to vice president of player development. #Yankees

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    First meeting between owners and MLBPA

Hopefully it is a legit starting point and not some straight BS.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    First meeting between owners and MLBPA

Hopefully it is a legit starting point and not some straight BS.

I'm just annoyed it took so long to get started. They should be at the table 12 hours a day 7 days a week and get this taken care of.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan