Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 214 of 277 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224264 ... LastLast
Results 3,196 to 3,210 of 4143
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    I Think and I say think,,George was responsible for getting Roger
    I would agree. Cashman was there but in his first year, so I would guess George knew he liked his pitcher spicy and ordered that to happen.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I would agree. Cashman was there but in his first year, so I would guess George knew he liked his pitcher spicy and ordered that to happen.
    I also think Cash was held more accountable when the old man was around. Now not so much [emoji3064]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    I also think Cash was held more accountable when the old man was around. Now not so much [emoji3064]

You would be hard pressed to find a Yankee fan who disagrees, with that statement.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    You would be hard pressed to find a Yankee fan who disagrees, with that statement.
    When George went to Rogers house and they were lifting weights in Rogers basement was that when he spurned us and signed with the Jays or was that before we traded for him?

My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

IMO, Clemens was because of George. Cashman should get no credit whatsoever for that.

The best pitcher that Cashman has traded for in recent memory was Sonny Gray. Rothchild and the analytics department messed him up, horribly. If Blake had been here i think Gray would still be our number 2-3

I'm all for it, but it's one of the last connections to George. I still think its an out dated policy and i know a couple FA who had no interest in the Yanks because of the facial hair/ hair policies

Pretty cool article about Volpe and him being the odds on favorite to be the number 1 overall spec by the end of this season.https://yanksgoyard.com/2022/01/10/y...ospect-debate/

I'd certainly take Volpe over Abrams going forward, although i'd love to have them both.

I talked to a buddy earlier about the Yanks 1st base plans. He thinks Rizzo is the most likely option when its all said and done. Freeman seems to be there top choice but they don't think he'll leave ATL and if he does, they think it will be for the Dodgers. He said right now, the asking price for Olsen is much higher than they are willing to go when Rizzo is available for just cash and they would only be guaranteed 2yrs of Olsen. My buddy said that the last he heard the A's wanted Peraza, Gil and Pereira. The Yanks are really, really high on Pereira and think if he had played 120 games last yr he would have hit 30-40 hrs, as well as playing elite defense in CF.

He also said that Flo is being one of the most asked about players, as a 2nd piece in trades. It seems like teams feel like Flo will improve the harder he is pushed and that the Yanks are unlikely to give him a real shot. Sounds like they are more willing to give Cabrera a shot as 4th OFer/ Tyler Wade role then they are to give Flo a shot as a 4th OFer next yr

Speaking of CF, He said the expectation around the industry is Suzuki ends up in Boston. That absolutely sucks IMO, if we can't have him, i'd much rather he ended up on the West Coast
    Last edited by dayners81; 01-12-2022 at 12:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I talked to a buddy earlier about the Yanks 1st base plans. He thinks Rizzo is the most likely option when its all said and done. Freeman seems to be there top choice but they don't think he'll leave ATL and if he does, they think it will be for the Dodgers. He said right now, the asking price for Olsen is much higher than they are willing to go when Rizzo is available for just cash and they would only be guaranteed 2yrs of Olsen. My buddy said that the last he heard the A's wanted Peraza, Gil and Pereira. The Yanks are really, really high on Pereira and think if he had played 120 games last yr he would have hit 30-40 hrs, as well as playing elite defense in CF.

He also said that Flo is being one of the most asked about players, as a 2nd piece in trades. It seems like teams feel like Flo will improve the harder he is pushed and that the Yanks are unlikely to give him a real shot. Sounds like they are more willing to give Cabrera a shot as 4th OFer/ Tyler Wade role then they are to give Flo a shot as a 4th OFer next yr

Speaking of CF, He said the expectation around the industry is Suzuki ends up in Boston. That absolutely sucks IMO, if we can't have him, i'd much rather he ended up on the West Coast

I have no issue with Rizzo returning. He will pop the occasional 3 run homer and will play stellar defense.

IMO, Florial will be trade.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Thats my first thought, if he still has that plus plus CB and CU, maybe they think he could be like Luetage was for them last yr. I'm of the opinion that there are no bad MILB deals. What i like is we finally have a pitching coach and staff that is capable of fixing " reclamation pitcher" not ruin perfectly good ones like Gray

Day, I know you hated Larry and absolutely love Sonny but do you ever look at the basic stats?

Iíll just use Sonnyís full season with the Yankees as an example.

How come Sonny pitched better than his normal CAREER averages in that 2018 season on the ROAD?

Was Larry gone fishing on those ROAD GAMES?

The HOME/ROAD splits are not even close Day.

Maybe, just maybe Sonny couldnít pitch at YANKEE STADIUM. Larry was still the pitching coach on the road and the numbers are terrific.

Home or Away -- Game-Level

Split W L W-L% ERA G GS GF CG SHO SV IP H R ER HR BB IBB SO HBP BK WP BF WHIP SO9 SO/W
    Home 4 4 .500 6.98 15 11 1 0 0 0 59.1 78 47 46 11 35 0 45 3 0 2 286 1.904 6.8 1.29
    Away 7 5 .583 3.17 15 12 1 0 0 0 71.0 60 26 25 3 22 0 78 5 1 7 296 1.155 9.9 3.55

I SAID once and Iíll say it again. Some starting pitchers just cannot handle the pressures of pitching at a Yankee Stadium.

Doyle Alexander, Ed Whitson, Steve Trout, Kenny Rogers, Sonny Gray. They are all cut from the same mold. Before coming to NY they were decent. While in NY they crumbled like a cheap tent. When they left NY they were back to their normal selves.

Day, it is different pitching in NY. Some can handle it and some canít. Sonny Gray couldnít handle it.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 01-12-2022 at 08:01 AM.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

I will be thrilled if this FO stays away from that type of trade for Olson.

Rizzo is fine with me at first.
    Suzuki? Meh. I'd be happy if he ended up here but he's not a true CF and he's a righty bat. A good one and a good contact bat but if you remove Hicks, I hope it's for a lefty.
    Along those lines, It is beyond me why they don't give Flo a chance. Bat 225/300 with 30 sb,15-20 HR and play elite level D in cf? I would sign up for that as my 9th hitter. You have high level specs in the farm a couple years away, so Flo even as a stop gap would be perfect.

DJ 3b
    Judge RF
    Rizzo 1B
    Stanton DH
    Torres 2b
    Gallo LF
    Sanchez C
    Peraza SS
    Flo CF

I would be thrilled with that.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Day, I know you hated Larry and absolutely love Sonny but do you ever look at the basic stats?

Iíll just use Sonnyís full season with the Yankees as an example.

How come Sonny pitched better than his normal CAREER averages in that 2018 season on the ROAD?

Was Larry gone fishing on those ROAD GAMES?

The HOME/ROAD splits are not even close Day.

Maybe, just maybe Sonny couldnít pitch at YANKEE STADIUM. Larry was still the pitching coach on the road and the numbers are terrific.

Home or Away -- Game-Level

Split W L W-L% ERA G GS GF CG SHO SV IP H R ER HR BB IBB SO HBP BK WP BF WHIP SO9 SO/W
    Home 4 4 .500 6.98 15 11 1 0 0 0 59.1 78 47 46 11 35 0 45 3 0 2 286 1.904 6.8 1.29
    Away 7 5 .583 3.17 15 12 1 0 0 0 71.0 60 26 25 3 22 0 78 5 1 7 296 1.155 9.9 3.55

I SAID once and Iíll say it again. Some starting pitchers just cannot handle the pressures of pitching at a Yankee Stadium.

Doyle Alexander, Ed Whitson, Steve Trout, Kenny Rogers, Sonny Gray. They are all cut from the same mold. Before coming to NY they were decent. While in NY they crumbled like a cheap tent. When they left NY they were back to their normal selves.

Day, it is different pitching in NY. Some can handle it and some canít. Sonny Gray couldnít handle it.

I completely agree

The stats I would like to see on Gray now vs then and the road splits are GBs vs FBs. Has his fly ball rate gone down since leaving? Was it better on the road when here?

Ignorance is bliss

It's interesting, because in the past 5 years, we traded for the #1 pitchers from 3 different staffs: Sonny Gray, James Paxton and J Happ and none of them panned out. Yet, we blame Cashman for not trading for pitching.

If last year, we had acquired Castillo (a #1 pitcher from a 4th team) last offseason for a package that included Gleyber Torres and he had the first half that he had, would the fans ride him to of town, as well, before he had a chance to recover? Would the Yankees try to teach him a new pitch or a new delivery and ruin him. Hopefully not, now that we have new analytics driven pitching coaches.

If we had successfully traded for Verlander at the deadline that year, what's the chances that he never would have adopted any of the pitching mechanic adjustments that the Astros analytics staff discovered for him and all Rothschild provided was a new grip on his changeup.

I guess my point is that it probably has a lot more to do with our coaching staff up until recently, than with Cashman's efforts to find a #1 or #2 starter.

I can live with Rizzo at 1B because his defense is legit. I don't think his bat will be that big but if he is planted between some of the big hitters the Yanks have he could have a nice season. If that is the asking price for Olsen then thanks but no thanks on that deal.

Its not the Yankee way but to have Flo in CF and Peraza at SS would be a big move for them and a cost saving move at that. This is going to be a fun off season with how short it will be as soon as the negotiations are done I imagine the headlines are going to be wild.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg