Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 212 of 277 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214222262 ... LastLast
Results 3,166 to 3,180 of 4143
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    I love Gary as a coach on the team. I see him as an outfield coach, but 1B could be a nice fit or a combination. Also, as he got older, he was one of the healthiest members of the team, due to an excellent focus on nutrition. He would also be someone who could help young players as a lifestyle nutrition mentor.
    Gary = Gardy

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    @NYBBWAA
    ‘Yankees looking for assistant hitting coach with MLB playing experience, like former O’s Mark Trumbo: source’ by
    @ByKristieAckert
    for
    @NYDNSports
    : The #Yankees want a former MLB player as their new assistant hitting coach…

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...zfe-story.html

https://yanksgoyard.com/2022/01/08/y...e-eric-chavez/

This article specifically mentions Beltran or Grandy. https://yanksgoyard.com/2022/01/08/y...is-granderson/ i'd gladly take either but would either really be interested in the 1st base coaching/ utility coaching role that Chavez was hired for.

Lawson is the new hitting coach for good reason. All you have to do is look up and down the MILB system last yr to see the success that was had because of his methods.

I don't think either Beltran or Grandy would be interested in the role thats available, what would you guys think of giving it to Gardy? He sure would be a great 1st base coach, he certainly knows how to run the bases well, read pitchers moves, ect. He was also a great defensive player in the OF. I think he would be a good choice for that role, it keeps him with the Yanks without having to resign him as a player. If he wants to keep playing next yr he probably isn't interested but i could certainly see him as a part of the Yanks coaching staff/ front office at some point
    My fear with Gardner is that he'd be going from one of the guys to a position of authority within the same group. I think he'd need a year away from the bigs. Maybe a minor league job for a couple years?
    I think he'd be great but the power dynamic could be weird. Maybe not. Just a thought.

Grandson? Meh.

I would love Beltran. In normal circumstances, I would agree with you but after being fired, maybe he wants a foot in the door?

Ignorance is bliss

I love Gary as a coach on the team. I see him as an outfield coach, but 1B could be a nice fit or a combination. Also, as he got older, he was one of the healthiest members of the team, due to an excellent focus on nutrition. He would also be someone who could help young players as a lifestyle nutrition mentor.

Color me confused. Gary who?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Gary = Gardy

Okay. Thank you.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Color me confused. Gary who?
    Shandling

Ignorance is bliss

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    AP sources: FDNY official: 19 dead, including 9 children, at Bronx high-rise fire https://longisland.news12.com/ap-sou...high-rise-fire

https://nypost.com/2022/01/09/nyc-fi...ign=SocialFlow

Horrible horrible scene in the city today. The second link has some heart breaking photos. Viewers be aware. Something like this can sometimes put life in perspective, just how fragile life can be.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    AP sources: FDNY official: 19 dead, including 9 children, at Bronx high-rise fire https://longisland.news12.com/ap-sou...high-rise-fire

https://nypost.com/2022/01/09/nyc-fi...ign=SocialFlow

Horrible horrible scene in the city today. The second link has some heart breaking photos. Viewers be aware. Something like this can sometimes put life in perspective, just how fragile life can be.

So very, very heartbreaking. Thanks for posting Slick.
    The article said there were no fire escapes at that height, was there at least a fire stairway?

Once again, thank you Firemen. You're the best.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    So very, very heartbreaking. Thanks for posting Slick.
    The article said there were no fire escapes at that height, was there at least a fire stairway?

Once again, thank you Firemen. You're the best.
    That building was a nightmare from everything I've read and heard about it. I don't want to start speculation or pass along second hand info that I've heard from fellow FFs. Ill let the report shed light.

But, it wasn't good.

His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

It’s a duplex building which is all ****ed up. In a duplex apartment you can have two floors of fire in the same apartment and it can have the elements of a private dwelling fire, as in an open interior staircase in a single living unit.

But, it is a fire proof bldg. Extension to the floors above is usually limited to auto exposure from fire blowing out the windows and catching windows on the floor(s) above.

That building was a nightmare from everything I've read and heard about it. I don't want to start speculation or pass along second hand info that I've heard from fellow FFs. Ill let the report shed light.

But, it wasn't good.

Understood and wise.

I would add that I would not find it shocking if an east Bronx apt building fell very, very short of health and safety standards.

Ignorance is bliss

It was a high rise brick. Doesn't appear to be very old.

https://www.aol.com/news/dozens-inju...200730923.html

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Understood and wise.

I would add that I would not find it shocking if an east Bronx apt building fell very, very short of health and safety standards.
    So now that it's offical, the fire started on floor #3 of a 19 story occupied. The door to the fire apartment was left open which allowed the fire to grow to having an increased fuel load. That lead smoke to being pushed throughout the multiple floors through the stairways.

Many occupants at first did not leave because they figured it was a ******** chronic smoke alarm which isn't uncommon in these types of buildings.

By the time they realized it was an actual fire, the smoke had gotten so bad they couldn't make it out of their units down the stairways and sheltered in place and many were overcome with smoke inhalation.

The fire appears to have started from an electric space heater. The building was built in the early 1970s as part of an affordable housing push.

So now that it's offical, the fire started on floor #3 of a 19 story occupied. The door to the fire apartment was left open which allowed the fire to grow to having an increased fuel load. That lead smoke to being pushed throughout the multiple floors through the stairways.

Many occupants at first did not leave because they figured it was a ******** chronic smoke alarm which isn't uncommon in these types of buildings.

By the time they realized it was an actual fire, the smoke had gotten so bad they couldn't make it out of their units down the stairways and sheltered in place and many were overcome with smoke inhalation.

The fire appears to have started from an electric space heater. The building was built in the early 1970s as part of an affordable housing push.

thats just awful, thanks for posting

Looks like the Yanks signed Man Bam to a minor league deal

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    Looks like the Yanks signed Man Bam to a minor league deal
    Interesting. Maybe they think Blake and co. can remake him? Maybe he works in the pen?

Ignorance is bliss