Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 209 of 277 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219259 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 4143
    Clown I'll take the ring and enjoy my nap during the games! Imo nothing is more exciting than winning it all.

I will agree they have become too dependent on the 3 run blast to power the offense. They tend to get stale and complacent waiting for it to happen. The infield defense has been porous at times. BUT the Yankees have always been a team built on power. The short porch has, for over a century, hoisted the Yankees into the league lead in HR totals.

Some fun Yankee power facts:
    In 2009 they led the league with the most players with 20 HR's. (If memory serves last WS they won )
    Most seasons with 200+ HR's (19)
    Most seasons with 100 HR's (95)
    Most Consecutive Seasons Leading the League in Home Runs (12)
    Most Seasons Leading the League in Home Runs Hit (39)
    Most Consecutive Games With A Home Run (31)

As we have discussed many times in the past what is imperative is balance in the line up. That includes left-right, power - contact, ect. You need table setters to enable 3 run blasts. However as suggested by the stats I recently posted, team speed alone doesn't insure anything. Power hitters the game is never out of reach.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Clown I'll take the ring and enjoy my nap during the games! Imo nothing is more exciting than winning it all.

I will agree they have become too dependent on the 3 run blast to power the offense. They tend to get stale and complacent waiting for it to happen. The infield defense has been porous at times. BUT the Yankees have always been a team built on power. The short porch has, for over a century, hoisted the Yankees into the league lead in HR totals.

Some fun Yankee power facts:
    In 2009 they led the league with the most players with 20 HR's. (If memory serves last WS they won )
    Most seasons with 200+ HR's (19)
    Most seasons with 100 HR's (95)
    Most Consecutive Seasons Leading the League in Home Runs (12)
    Most Seasons Leading the League in Home Runs Hit (39)
    Most Consecutive Games With A Home Run (31)

As we have discussed many times in the past what is imperative is balance in the line up. That includes left-right, power - contact, ect. You need table setters to enable 3 run blasts. However as suggested by the stats I recently posted, team speed alone doesn't insure anything. Power hitters the game is never out of reach.
    Lol. Understood!!

That 2009 team was super balanced. Jeter, Damon, Melky, Arod all had double digit steals. Cano and Matsui were not burner but were good baserunners. Matsui was very good.
    You had 4 switch hitters, 3 lefties and 2 righties .
    That team had a great mix of boppers, hitters, speed and athletes. Arod had 14 SB that year. That would have tied for the team lead this year. Torres had 14.

That team had, aside from Tex and Posada, guys who could put the ball in play if needed. But those two power hitting, switch hitters in the middle of the lineup bracketed by Arod and Matsui was crazy.

This is why I am so bent on getting faster and better hitters. If the Yankees got a true leadoff hitter who could run and got a SS who could run, this team changes. I am not against' Olson. He's a fantastic player. Sticking him between Judge and Stanton? My lord.
    If they got Olson and Marte and let Cabrera play SS till Volpe was ready? To me, that changes the team for the better in a dramatic way. It's still not quite enough for my liking but it's far better than what they have now.

I think the needs for this team go

SS
    CF
    C
    RP
    SP
    1B

At the end of the day, I fully expect them to overpay for Olson and Chapman.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Yankees get:
    1B Matt Olson
    3B Matt Chapman

Oakland gets:
    INF Gleyber Torres
    No. 3 INF Oswald Peraza
    No. 4 RHP Luis Gil
    No. 5 RHP Clarke Schmidt
    No. 6 C/OF Austin Wells

Say that on twitter, i hate it

I hate it twice as much.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    I hate it twice as much.
    Lol, if they did that deal as structured, I'd probably be done with the Yankees

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Lol. Understood!!

That 2009 team was super balanced. Jeter, Damon, Melky, Arod all had double digit steals. Cano and Matsui were not burner but were good baserunners. Matsui was very good.
    You had 4 switch hitters, 3 lefties and 2 righties .
    That team had a great mix of boppers, hitters, speed and athletes. Arod had 14 SB that year. That would have tied for the team lead this year. Torres had 14.

That team had, aside from Tex and Posada, guys who could put the ball in play if needed. But those two power hitting, switch hitters in the middle of the lineup bracketed by Arod and Matsui was crazy.

This is why I am so bent on getting faster and better hitters. If the Yankees got a true leadoff hitter who could run and got a SS who could run, this team changes. I am not against' Olson. He's a fantastic player. Sticking him between Judge and Stanton? My lord.
    If they got Olson and Marte and let Cabrera play SS till Volpe was ready? To me, that changes the team for the better in a dramatic way. It's still not quite enough for my liking but it's far better than what they have now.

I think the needs for this team go

SS
    CF
    C
    RP
    SP
    1B

At the end of the day, I fully expect them to overpay for Olson and Chapman.
    I'm certainly not against power but i'm tired of hitters that only rely on power. You bring up the point that i want the Yankees to get back to, balance. That 09 team is the perfect example, multiple switch hitters and the rest of the lineup was a balance of LH and RH hitters. I realized its far easier said than done, but that is they type of lineup we need to get back to building.

I believe that the front office has seen the light in having those kind of players based on who they have signed and drafted in the last few yrs. Volpe is a dynamic mix of speed, power, contact and defense. Wells, while he may never be a C but he's certainly not your typical, plodding 1st base type either and is the bat is for real from the LH side. Sweeney is another strong hitter from the LH side of the plate. Vargas, Dom, Arias, all our recent big time signings in IFA, switch hitters with speed, power and positional flexibility.

I would love to see the day when the MLB roster reflex what they are building in the MILB.

I'm absolutely not opposed to Olsen, great player on both sides of the ball. I just don't like the price. If you have a middle of the order of Judge, Olsen, Stanton, Gallo good grief thats a scary lineup. I just think we need some speed, contact hitter around them

"If I had played my career hitting singles like Pete (Rose), I'd wear a dress." - Mickey Mantle

I get what you guys are saying regarding Olson and Chapman, but just to throw this out there....Olson is one of the best players at his position. He's basically a lefty version of Aaron Judge at the plate there stats are scary similar.

Chapman on the other hand I'm not really a fan of that move but if he's the throw in to get Olsen then it's not a bad deal for the Yankees. He is a three time GG winner and as much as many of us have complained about Yankee defense he and Olson have combined for 5 GG since 2018. These are the exact type of guys that you unload unproven minor league players.

With that being said if the Yankees stay stagnant and do not have some type of trade lined up they need to play the young guys (which is something they rarely do). Actually my first choice is to not make any trade and let the young guys come up. If they fall flat on there face so be it. At that point you implement plan B and use the financial strength of the organization to go out and buy or trade for the best players in baseball and go from there and let the minor league guys in the lower levels play out and see what you have there for round 2 of plan A which is letting the minor league guys come up.

Just my 2 cents guys
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Lol, if they did that deal as structured, I'd probably be done with the Yankees

I could NEVER do that. That's a bit over the cliff.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Did you all see the 106 year old veteran Yankees fan? He's sitting on a comfortable couch, drinking bud and opening a bag of presents from the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Did you all see the 106 year old veteran Yankees fan? He's sitting on a comfortable couch, drinking bud and opening a bag of presents from the Yankees.
    It's Yanksguy

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    I get what you guys are saying regarding Olson and Chapman, but just to throw this out there....Olson is one of the best players at his position. He's basically a lefty version of Aaron Judge at the plate there stats are scary similar.

Chapman on the other hand I'm not really a fan of that move but if he's the throw in to get Olsen then it's not a bad deal for the Yankees. He is a three time GG winner and as much as many of us have complained about Yankee defense he and Olson have combined for 5 GG since 2018. These are the exact type of guys that you unload unproven minor league players.

With that being said if the Yankees stay stagnant and do not have some type of trade lined up they need to play the young guys (which is something they rarely do). Actually my first choice is to not make any trade and let the young guys come up. If they fall flat on there face so be it. At that point you implement plan B and use the financial strength of the organization to go out and buy or trade for the best players in baseball and go from there and let the minor league guys in the lower levels play out and see what you have there for round 2 of plan A which is letting the minor league guys come up.

Just my 2 cents guys
    I absolutely agree with the youth movement.

Olson in between Judge and Stanton? My lord. That becomes one of the toughest lineups in all the bigs. That doesn't include DJ, Gallo and Torres. Olson would be a great fit. Is he worth the cost? I don't think he is. I don't think he changes the team in the way it needs to be changed. First base, however, isn't supposed to make the team more athletic, so there is that argument. But giving up young, athletic players for him? Meh

I don't think anyone disagrees that Chapman is a very nice player. I don't think he's a throw in, that's the issue. If they were giving up Olson for a package and said, you know, no changes but we want you to take chapman? Again, Meh. He doesn't change the team and actually gives them more of the same.
    I think the issue is not about him as a throw in but as a demand. We will only trade this guys together. Give us a package that suits them. That way the price drives way up.

Like you, I hope it's all for naught and they go in a different direction but it seems like the kind of deal that will make the anals will drool.

Yes. I just said the anals will drool

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post

Just my 2 cents guys
    Your absolutely on the money with Olsen, he's one of the better 1st baseman in BB and would be an incredible fit in the middle of this lineup. A middle of the order of Judge, Olsen, Stanton, Gallo, DJ and Torres in some order would be tough to navigate. I also really love what he brings defensively, he would be a great addition.

My concern is the price, If its really Torres/Peraza, Wells and Gil like some are suggesting on Twitter or in the media that a little to much for my liking, especially considering we'd only be getting him for 2yrs . I honestly believe trading Peraza would be a big mistake. If they would take a package of Wells, Gil plus I think you would have to seriously consider it . IMO

Chapman makes zero sense to me in any form. He's to good of a player to be a throw in. I think if they were insisting on us taking a player back it would be Andrus. He's a much lesser player and more expensive than Chapman. Also if the goal is to get more athletic, he doesn't exactly fit that mold. He's probably as good of a defender at 3rd base as their is in BB, why in the world would u acquire him to play him out of position? Moving from 3rd to SS isn't a move that usually is successful. SS go to 3rd and do well but the other way around doesn't really work from what i've seen. The Reds tried that last yr with their 3rd baseman and that failed. We've seen Torres play out of position the last couple yrs and that hasn't worked on either side of the ball. IMO, if they are going to insist on going outside the system to get a SS, get an actual SS. Don't stick a square peg in a round hole and try and sell the fan base that its a win, its not

I completely agree with you about giving the kids a shot, it's something the should and need to do. After the Jeter,Tex, Arod core was gone, they supposedly swore off letting the team get old, expensive, injury prone and unathletic. If we just keep doing what we have been, thats exactly the path were heading down again. Torres is the only regular we have under 28. I want to see this team get younger, faster, more athletic with guys that have positional flexibility and are solid defensively. I think they have sacrificed defense for power far to much in the last few yrs. We have 120 hrs from Judge, Stanton and Gallo, we need some athletics, contact, bunner guys around them to make this a complete lineup. Right now Torres or Gallo are our most athletic players, that just isn't enough speed in the lineup. The most fun i had watching them last yr is when Flo, Allen and Wade were forced to play everyday because of injuries. That was the best BB they played all yr IMO.

As much as i like the guys we have coming, we don't have a solution next yr in the system at 1st or C and those are both areas they need to address this winter IMO. In a couple yrs Wells, Garcia and Gomez could end up being long term answers at those positions but not yet.

I just hope they make a legit progress in becoming faster, hard contact type hitters that are more athletic like we were lead to believe when Cash addressed the fan base after the season. In no way does adding Chapman help them in that manner IMO

I just can't wait to see the two proposed trades that they supposedly have already made and take it from there.

Aram Leighton
    @AramLeighton8

Prospects with 25 or more homers and a K% below 20%

Jose Miranda (Twins) - 30 HR/12.5 K%
    Anthony Volpe (Yankees) - 27 HR/19.7 K%
    Juan Yepez (Cardinals) - 27 HR/18.9 K%

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    I could NEVER do that. That's a bit over the cliff.
    You're right but that trade proposal needs to go over the cliff. I think you could get a guy like J Ram or Reynolds with that package. I don't think i could ever quit the Yanks, we'll revisit that if for some reason they extend Sanchez, but making that proposed trade would not make me happy