Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 186 of 228 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 3414
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Iím not saying that because I think itís better. Although if Gleyber comes back to form, it is. Or if Gio rebounds. Or DJÖ

Iím saying it because I wouldnít pay Rizzo that, and because Iíd like to have openings for the young guys. Thatís the goal/hope

If we are pretending that making no major moves is going to give us a good shot at contending, thatís the worst outcome. Iím hoping to avoid that. This is all assuming we donít make any major signings/trades
    I will very surprised and very disappointed if both Gio and Torres are back next season. If they are both back that means we didn't get much done. We already had a yr of hoping guys would turn it around and outside of Judge and Stanton our offense wasn't very good last yr. I think u can get away with bringing 1 back and hope they turn it around but not both.

as far as leaving spot open for the kids, with Wade and Odor gone Cabrera is very likely to get the back up INF job. I don't think they are going to sign a long term answer at SS, a stop gap is the most likely IMO.

Like i said when this all started, for me Olsen comes down to what it will cost us. Olsen is signed for 2 more yrs, then would be inline for a massive extention. To get Olsen its going to cost a pretty hefty spec package. I would give up Wells, Schmidt and Flo or Cabrera. The A's are looking to get there payroll into the 40-50 m range so they aren't going to have interest in Voit, Torres, Gio, Andujar, German or any player making more than the minimum. If they want Peraza, Wells and Gil for Olsen, like it was rumored, I don't believe he's worth that for the next to yrs. Especially if u can just resign Rizzo, who is better defensively, will still give u descent production at 1st and will be a short term deal.

I just don't think they will empty the farm when their all still solutions of the FA market. 2 of our biggest needs in CF and C don't really have FA options, so you're going to have to trade for the those players. I'd much rather have Rizzo back and a new CFer and a new C, than Olsen, Hicks and Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    rizzo is washed up he was awful this year at the plate he was awful in the games he played in 2020.. the idea of giving him 16-18 million a year for 3-4 years makes me want to puke..and you are wrong their is a huge difference in the production of olsen and rizzo.. resigning rizzo is a signal of defeat..
    You wanna talk awful in 2020, look at your boy Olson. His .195 average makes Gallo look like a batting champ.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I will very surprised and very disappointed if both Gio and Torres are back next season. If they are both back that means we didn't get much done. We already had a yr of hoping guys would turn it around and outside of Judge and Stanton our offense wasn't very good last yr. I think u can get away with bringing 1 back and hope they turn it around but not both.

as far as leaving spot open for the kids, with Wade and Odor gone Cabrera is very likely to get the back up INF job. I don't think they are going to sign a long term answer at SS, a stop gap is the most likely IMO.

Like i said when this all started, for me Olsen comes down to what it will cost us. Olsen is signed for 2 more yrs, then would be inline for a massive extention. To get Olsen its going to cost a pretty hefty spec package. I would give up Wells, Schmidt and Flo or Cabrera. The A's are looking to get there payroll into the 40-50 m range so they aren't going to have interest in Voit, Torres, Gio, Andujar, German or any player making more than the minimum. If they want Peraza, Wells and Gil for Olsen, like it was rumored, I don't believe he's worth that for the next to yrs. Especially if u can just resign Rizzo, who is better defensively, will still give u descent production at 1st and will be a short term deal.

I just don't think they will empty the farm when their all still solutions of the FA market. 2 of our biggest needs in CF and C don't really have FA options, so you're going to have to trade for the those players. I'd much rather have Rizzo back and a new CFer and a new C, than Olsen, Hicks and Sanchez
    I would love Olson, but Iím also very wary of trading for a guy coming off a career year. He was pretty pedestrian before last year. I would not give up anyone in our top 3 for him.

Quote Originally Posted by RJYANKS12 View Post
    You wanna talk awful in 2020, look at your boy Olson. His .195 average makes Gallo look like a batting champ.
    2020 though. A lot of great players had awful stats.

I believe in Olson from what I saw in 2018 and 2019 as much if not more than what he did in 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiNYC View Post
    2020 though. A lot of great players had awful stats.

I believe in Olson from what I saw in 2018 and 2019 as much if not more than what he did in 2021.
    Agreed when it comes to 2020, but another poster was using it as reference so I just thought Iíd hold up a mirror for him

We've already have seen what Voit can do....get hurt alot. When he was healthy, he was awful defensively and struck out w RISP . If we already have the first baseman on the roster it ll be DJ IMO

I just dont see how they could possibly bring Voit back after very publiclytrying to give him away at the deadline and then not playing him down the stretch

Actually Voit has one of the teams highest averages with RISP. Even last season it was still .283 with an ops of .792. That's not too bad. He did strikeout 30% of the time with RISP, but he also had 24 RBI and 1 home run in 53 of those ABs. That's insane production considering his rbis weren't from home runs. When a runner was on third with 2 outs, he batted .357 and with 2 outs and RISP it was .295. Voited has looked awful at the plate, at times, but the numbers don't lie. Rizzo, had a similar BA with RISP, but did not fare well in the two other categories that Voit excelled in. Both Voit and Rizzo are also terrible down in the count whether it be 1-2 or 0-2, despite the fact that Rizzo chokes up and gives the impression he controls the ball much better. I guess this is what happens when you make contact instead of strike out feebly. It looks like you're doing more. As for everything else you said, i agree. Voit was basically a walking injury last season. His strikeouts also jumped nearly 8% points. Rather than get rid of him, they need to get him on the Aaron Judge and Stanton voga program, lol

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Agreed when it comes to 2020, but another poster was using it as reference so I just thought Iíd hold up a mirror for him
    You likely wasted a good mirror. In this case, I think a dog would have better recognition with it.

I like not love Olson. As are definitely selling high. I hope the Yankees don't fall for it. If the Yankees could get him without sending any of, Dominguez, Volpe, Peraza, Gil? Hell yes. Take the deal.

Ignorance is bliss

2020 season means nothing.

He hit 271 this year and 267 in 2019. Hits for power as well and GG defense. Olson is a ****ing stud.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    You likely wasted a good mirror. In this case, I think a dog would have better recognition with it.

I like not love Olson. As are definitely selling high. I hope the Yankees don't fall for it. If the Yankees could get him without sending any of, Dominguez, Volpe, Peraza, Gil? Hell yes. Take the deal.
    Exactly. We seem to move our best spects for pretty good players. If we are gonna sell the farm do it for a Turner and Max type deal.

First base wish list

Freeman - obviously best player available.

Olsen - if the Yanks can do this without including Volpe, Dominguez, Peralta, Cabrera or Waldichuk and give them quantity specs over quality Iím all in. Yes the yanks will have to include a top guy just not the ones I named.

Rizzo - dude can play. Is he an all star? Nope. But he is a solid player.

DJ - if other moves are made Iím good with this.

Voit - we had a few plans fall through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    First base wish list

Freeman - obviously best player available.

Olsen - if the Yanks can do this without including Volpe, Dominguez, Peralta, Cabrera or Waldichuk and give them quantity specs over quality Iím all in. Yes the yanks will have to include a top guy just not the ones I named.

Rizzo - dude can play. Is he an all star? Nope. But he is a solid player.

DJ - if other moves are made Iím good with this.

Voit - we had a few plans fall through.

Exactly the order i would have them in. Freeman is easily my first choice

Olsen depends on cost. If he will cost any of the guys you mentioned I'd much rather go with Rizzo or DJ and use that same specs to get a CFer, a C and i'd really like a starter as well.

trade for Manaea and Murphy from the A's. Either trade for Reynolds or K Marte or sign Suzuki to play CF, get 1 of the 1st base options.

trade Voit, Andujar, Sanchez, 1 of Gio or Torres

Exactly. We seem to move our best spects for pretty good players. If we are gonna sell the farm do it for a Turner and Max type deal.
    agreed, if were going to give up the top of the farm, get back a elite player with more than 2yrs of control

Day any word on Suzuki??

http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

Exactly the order i would have them in. Freeman is easily my first choice

Olsen depends on cost. If he will cost any of the guys you mentioned I'd much rather go with Rizzo or DJ and use that same specs to get a CFer, a C and i'd really like a starter as well.

trade for Manaea and Murphy from the A's. Either trade for Reynolds or K Marte or sign Suzuki to play CF, get 1 of the 1st base options.

trade Voit, Andujar, Sanchez, 1 of Gio or Torres
    if healthy olsen is a guarantee 40-45 110-120 rbi player for the yanks in yankee stadium he was 39 111 in oakland last year ..in 2019 in 30 less games he was 36 91

if you think volpe dominguez peralta will have the same impact as olsen more power to you:re delusion..