Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 184 of 217 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186194 ... LastLast
Results 2,746 to 2,760 of 3255
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    But he can play SS, 3rd and OF, correct? He. could be a good choice if that is the case. Sort of a poor man's K Marte. (Not for ability but for cost.)
    I usually don't want RH hitters, but I think he's worth it.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    I usually don't want RH hitters, but I think he's worth it.
    I feel the same way. But he is a true contact bat. He is a very tough K

Ignorance is bliss

But he can play SS, 3rd and OF, correct? He. could be a good choice if that is the case. Sort of a poor man's K Marte. (Not for ability but for cost.)
    I wouldnít get too excited about him playing anything but OF. From what I can find he hasnít played SS since 2014Ö

ďHicks appears to be fully healed. He was hitting .206 with one homer in nine games in the Dominican winter league entering Sundayď

Donít look now but our CF is raking with a whopping .206 average in winter ball lol. So thereís that smh

Quote Originally Posted by RJYANKS12 View Post
    ďHicks appears to be fully healed. He was hitting .206 with one homer in nine games in the Dominican winter league entering Sundayď

Donít look now but our CF is raking with a whopping .206 average in winter ball lol. So thereís that smh
    Maybe its just rust from not playing for 7 months or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    Maybe its just rust from not playing for 7 months or so.
    While i agree there must be some rust there. That said he's facing the equivalent of AA pitching, .206 at that level isn't acceptable IMO, at least not for our starting CFer. They just can;t go into next yr with him as the best option in CF, it's almost as bad as running Gary back at C. We need better options in both positions.

I really won't be surprised if they go with Gallo or Judge in CF and put Suzuki in one of the corners.

Even if it cost them Dom, i think they need to go and get one of Reynolds or K Marte. As good as Reynolds is if you could get K Marte and it not cost us Dom, thats the way i would go.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    While i agree there must be some rust there. That said he's facing the equivalent of AA pitching, .206 at that level isn't acceptable IMO, at least not for our starting CFer. They just can;t go into next yr with him as the best option in CF, it's almost as bad as running Gary back at C. We need better options in both positions.

I really won't be surprised if they go with Gallo or Judge in CF and put Suzuki in one of the corners.

Even if it cost them Dom, i think they need to go and get one of Reynolds or K Marte. As good as Reynolds is if you could get K Marte and it not cost us Dom, thats the way i would go.
    I absolutely move Dominguez for Reynolds I donít know if I would for Marte

Iím sure the Yankees are happy that hicks hit over 200

I hope this stupid lockout ends soon so Cashman can do something he said he was going to doÖ
    Or not do anything amd look like a total dick
    And then look even more foolish when the Yankees get bumped in the first round and he once again, says they need to get more lefties and more athletic

Ignorance is bliss

I absolutely move Dominguez for Reynolds I donít know if I would for Marte

Iím sure the Yankees are happy that hicks hit over 200

I hope this stupid lockout ends soon so Cashman can do something he said he was going to doÖ
    Or not do anything amd look like a total dick
    And then look even more foolish when the Yankees get bumped in the first round and he once again, says they need to get more lefties and more athletic
    I'm not sure i would either but Cashman absolutely needs to get a better option in CF, even if he has to overpay. Reynolds would be perfect but the cost is going to be unreal. I think K Marte could be had without giving up Dom.

Id much rather give Flo a shot than Hicks, especially if Hicks can only hit .200 or around their. At least with Flo, you get speed, better defense, better arm and probably fairly similar power.

I'm pretty down on Dom, i saw a recent pic and he's even bigger than he was during the season. He looks like he's trying to get NFL big. Part of his biggest appeal was his speed and athleticism and he sure seems like he trying to lift away his natural speed. I have never heard a whisper of this but i wouldn't be shocked to find out he's juicing. It's not easy for someone to put on that kinda size from 16-18 without a little help. Again, i've never heard that but body types are really hard to change, especially at such a young age without some kind of help.

I read an article recently about how many athletes are using growth hormones because they really can't test for them easily like u can for steroids'. It wouldn't surprise me with all the hype Dom had, if he felt pressured to perform and got some help.

If Cashman doesn't get anything done, he's going to be the laughing stock of BB. He has money to spend and a deep pool of very good specs to get things done, absolutely no excuse not to IMO.

I can see them kidding themselves into believing the rotation and BP don't really need addressing but the still need to do something at C, CF and 1st base. I wouldn't have a problem with SS going to Peraza. The scary thing to me is i read that Correa could be open to a big 1yr deal since his long term options at the price he wants have thinned. he article said Correa's market isn't that strong because Det and Tex have already found their answers, Seattle is more interested in Story and Bryant. If Correa did a 1yr deal he could re enter the market next yr at 28, when the SS pool is much thinner.

Would u have any interest in him for 1yr 40m? I still think I'd rather have Story for a couple yrs but i could see the Yanks being interested in that

I'm not sure i would either but Cashman absolutely needs to get a better option in CF, even if he has to overpay. Reynolds would be perfect but the cost is going to be unreal. I think K Marte could be had without giving up Dom.

Id much rather give Flo a shot than Hicks, especially if Hicks can only hit .200 or around their. At least with Flo, you get speed, better defense, better arm and probably fairly similar power.

I'm pretty down on Dom, i saw a recent pic and he's even bigger than he was during the season. He looks like he's trying to get NFL big. Part of his biggest appeal was his speed and athleticism and he sure seems like he trying to lift away his natural speed. I have never heard a whisper of this but i wouldn't be shocked to find out he's juicing. It's not easy for someone to put on that kinda size from 16-18 without a little help. Again, i've never heard that but body types are really hard to change, especially at such a young age without some kind of help.

I read an article recently about how many athletes are using growth hormones because they really can't test for them easily like u can for steroids'. It wouldn't surprise me with all the hype Dom had, if he felt pressured to perform and got some help.

If Cashman doesn't get anything done, he's going to be the laughing stock of BB. He has money to spend and a deep pool of very good specs to get things done, absolutely no excuse not to IMO.

I can see them kidding themselves into believing the rotation and BP don't really need addressing but the still need to do something at C, CF and 1st base. I wouldn't have a problem with SS going to Peraza. The scary thing to me is i read that Correa could be open to a big 1yr deal since his long term options at the price he wants have thinned. he article said Correa's market isn't that strong because Det and Tex have already found their answers, Seattle is more interested in Story and Bryant. If Correa did a 1yr deal he could re enter the market next yr at 28, when the SS pool is much thinner.

Would u have any interest in him for 1yr 40m? I still think I'd rather have Story for a couple yrs but i could see the Yanks being interested in that
    I really donít want him at all. Sign Freeman, let Peraza play SS and hit 9th, and if you can trade anyone not in your top 3 specs for Marte do it. Iím more than comfortable heading into the season with Peraza at short if we upgrade first and center. Iíd love to add a catcher to that but I donít see that happening at this point.

I really donít want him at all. Sign Freeman, let Peraza play SS and hit 9th, and if you can trade anyone not in your top 3 specs for Marte do it. Iím more than comfortable heading into the season with Peraza at short if we upgrade first and center. Iíd love to add a catcher to that but I donít see that happening at this point.
    The bolded sounds like a good plan. Plus, that does not necessarily mean that we can't add a catcher. If we did sign Freeman, we don't have to trade for Olson, but we could trade the A's for their the two Seans, Murphy and Manaea and not give up any of the top 3 prospects.

That would be an amazing turn of events:

Freeman 1B
    Marte CF
    Peraza SS
    Manaea SP
    Murphy C

The bolded sounds like a good plan. Plus, that does not necessarily mean that we can't add a catcher. If we did sign Freeman, we don't have to trade for Olson, but we could trade the A's for their the two Seans, Murphy and Manaea and not give up any of the top 3 prospects.

Freeman 1B
    Marte CF
    Peraza SS
    Manaea SP
    Murphy C
    I'm all in on that idea
    1 Marte
    2 Judge
    3 Freeman
    4 Stanton
    5 DJ
    6 Gallo
    7 Torres
    8 Murphy
    9 Peraza

Cole
    Sevy
    Monty
    Menaea
    Taillon/Nestor/King/ German/ Waldichuk/Gil/ Schmidt/ Medina later in the yr. We'd probably have to give up at least 1 of those pitching specs for the Seans. I wonder if Schmidt, Wells, Devi, Flo and a throw in would get it done for Manaea/ Murphy ?
    Gil, Cabrera ,Andujar, Sanchez for K Marte?

Sounds like a winner to me
    Last edited by dayners81; 12-06-2021 at 11:49 PM.

I think they have to do something behind the plate, Sanchez/ Higgy just doesn;t cut it. The pitching needs to get better and having a plus defensive C behind the plate would be a really good start. If you have pitchers that are afraid the throw an off speed pitch in the dirt because of pass ball concerns, u taking a big weapon away from them

I think the only way they do that ie the 40m is if heís the final piece? Also whatís the new luxury tax going to be etc? I also think Correa is pumping his gums re us as we are out on him. Keeps him relevant knowing we are not bidding etc. I also think the trade is Olsen the short window helps there ie who has greater need us or the Aís? The Aís need to make deals

I would love for the yankees to acquire him just out of curiousity, but if his signing negatively impacts the payroll then is he worth it then? This would mean letting go of a current player, which Cashman is loathe to do.

Freeman 1B
    Marte CF
    Peraza SS
    Manaea SP
    Murphy C
    I really like this. I would only add that if Freeman can't be had, just sign Rizzo. Don't sell the farm for Olson.

Ignorance is bliss