Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 182 of 220 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192 ... LastLast
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 3288
  1. #2716
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    21,007
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Good point. I was in his corner until that comment. Uncalled for and completely irresponsible. I guess the bottom line was / is he doesn't really care to play in NYC.
    What is wrong for being honest?
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I can’t get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  2. #2717
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    13,509
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Honestly, I’m not sure what worse. That he said it, or that he’s dumb enough to say it

    Either way, I don’t like it, or him
    neither do I. When i was told we were still interested in him, i was disappointed.

    That said if the price is right i won't be shocked if they signed him. I'd much rather have Story, especially if they are planning a move to 3rd. Story's bat plays well at 3rd, where Correa wouldn't be worth the contract at 3rd, unless he knows what pitch is coming. Other than that yr, Correa's offensive numbers certainly aren't elite

  3. #2718
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    13,509
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    They will not have DJ as the 1b. It will be either Freeman, Rizzo, Olsen or Voit…..Those are the ONLY choices.
    They played DJ at 1st quite a bit last yr and he's much better on both sides of the ball than Voit. I don't think there is a chance in hell they will give Voit the 1st base job. If it weren't for the NL likely getting the DH, i doubt Voit would still be on the roster. DJ, Torres, whoever at SS and Gio at 3rd is a much better choice defensively than anything with Voit in it. They need a good defensive 1st baseman and Voit isn't it

  4. #2719
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Bronx, NY
    Posts
    14,626
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    What is wrong for being honest?
    If he said it in a private setting nothing wrong with it. But he said it in a spanish speaking show so he already knew that spanish speaking fans of the Yankees or Jeter would be pissed.

    He may be a cheater but he's also smart, he was sending a message to the Yankees and their fans.

    Pretty much saying I wouldn't play for you even if you offer me 25% more than the other teams.

  5. #2720
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16,136
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    What is wrong for being honest?
    True or not a cheap shot and low blow. Jeter was adored by Yankee fans and is a first ballot HOFer. No disputing that. If he was trying to endear himself to Yankee fans he better re-examine his methods and tactics. It defies logic imo.

    I realize the critics of Jeters GG may take issue with his range, particularly as he aged. However ML managers and coaches account for 75 percent of the selection process. The other 25 percent goes to the sabermetrics community. I guess the critics are simply more knowledgeable than the pros. Remember the GG is NOT a fan vote, so can't argue it's a popularity contest.

  6. #2721
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    17,828
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    True or not a cheap shot and low blow. Jeter was adored by Yankee fans and is a first ballot HOFer. No disputing that. If he was trying to endear himself to Yankee fans he better re-examine his methods and tactics. It defies logic imo.

    I realize the critics of Jeters GG may take issue with his range, particularly as he aged. However ML managers and coaches account for 75 percent of the selection process. The other 25 percent goes to the sabermetrics community. I guess the critics are simply more knowledgeable than the pros. Remember the GG is NOT a fan vote, so can't argue it's a popularity contest.
    I get saying he wasn’t the best out there. He made all the plays he should. And made some he shouldn’t have

    Regardless of that, saying what he did, just comes off as straight up salty. If Correa is regarded half as highly as Jeter is, he had an amazing career

  7. #2722
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16,136
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    I get saying he wasn’t the best out there. He made all the plays he should. And made some he shouldn’t have

    Regardless of that, saying what he did, just comes off as straight up salty. If Correa is regarded half as highly as Jeter is, he had an amazing career
    Agreed. He had sure hands, if he got to the ball he made the play. He's highly regard for his bat, his competitive spirit , desire to win and his leadership.... and those 5 rings. Jete knew how to win.

    I have no clue why Correa would even go there?

  8. #2723
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    13,509
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    True or not a cheap shot and low blow. Jeter was adored by Yankee fans and is a first ballot HOFer. No disputing that. If he was trying to endear himself to Yankee fans he better re-examine his methods and tactics. It defies logic imo.

    I realize the critics of Jeters GG may take issue with his range, particularly as he aged. However ML managers and coaches account for 75 percent of the selection process. The other 25 percent goes to the sabermetrics community. I guess the critics are simply more knowledgeable than the pros. Remember the GG is NOT a fan vote, so can't argue it's a popularity contest.
    The foolishness of that comment by Correa is unbelievable. 1 of the richest teams in the sport needs a SS and you alienate the fan base by making a completely unnecessary comment about 1 of it's most beloved players. He might have been able to win over the fan base eventually before he made that comment but now? i don;t think so.

    He also probably cost himself a ton of money. Even if the Yanks didn't sign him but were apart of the bidding, his price goes up. He's in a pretty tough situation because the 2 teams that could pay him what he's looking for in the Dodgers and Yankees are the 2 fan bases that dislike him the most. U aren't going to see those 2 teams competing for him unless they can get him for their price. Houston doesn't really want him back unless they can have him on their terms either and thats evident by the offer they made him. Who's left thats going to pay him 35M a yr or even 30? The Mariners are much more interested in Story and Bryant. Boston has Bogarts and there #2 spec is a middle infielder they really like in Jeter Downs

    While i have zero doubt that the experts know far better than fans, i still don't think they always get those votes correct. U see big names win the GG award quite a bit more than the best defensive player and once a bigger name has won the award, they tend to keep getting votes their. We saw that with Gallo this yr, he won the GG for RF again and that wasn't even the position he played the last half the yr. Jeter made all the plays he was supposed to and made some incredible highlight plays but he wasn't even the best defensive SS on his own team

  9. #2724
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    13,509
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    I get saying he wasn’t the best out there. He made all the plays he should. And made some he shouldn’t have

    Regardless of that, saying what he did, just comes off as straight up salty. If Correa is regarded half as highly as Jeter is, he had an amazing career
    exactly, and like Doc said what was the point of saying that publicly? especially when your a FA looking to get paid

  10. #2725
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    41,646
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiNYC View Post
    If he said it in a private setting nothing wrong with it. But he said it in a spanish speaking show so he already knew that spanish speaking fans of the Yankees or Jeter would be pissed.

    He may be a cheater but he's also smart, he was sending a message to the Yankees and their fans.

    Pretty much saying I wouldn't play for you even if you offer me 25% more than the other teams.
    That was my take as well but I also wondered if it it also a challenge to the FO.
    Kind of a, How badly do you want me to be a Yankee?



    Ignorance is bliss

  11. #2726
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16,136
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    The foolishness of that comment by Correa is unbelievable. 1 of the richest teams in the sport needs a SS and you alienate the fan base by making a completely unnecessary comment about 1 of it's most beloved players. He might have been able to win over the fan base eventually before he made that comment but now? i don;t think so.

    He also probably cost himself a ton of money. Even if the Yanks didn't sign him but were apart of the bidding, his price goes up. He's in a pretty tough situation because the 2 teams that could pay him what he's looking for in the Dodgers and Yankees are the 2 fan bases that dislike him the most. U aren't going to see those 2 teams competing for him unless they can get him for their price. Houston doesn't really want him back unless they can have him on their terms either and thats evident by the offer they made him. Who's left thats going to pay him 35M a yr or even 30? The Mariners are much more interested in Story and Bryant. Boston has Bogarts and there #2 spec is a middle infielder they really like in Jeter Downs

    While i have zero doubt that the experts know far better than fans, i still don't think they always get those votes correct. U see big names win the GG award quite a bit more than the best defensive player and once a bigger name has won the award, they tend to keep getting votes their. We saw that with Gallo this yr, he won the GG for RF again and that wasn't even the position he played the last half the yr. Jeter made all the plays he was supposed to and made some incredible highlight plays but he wasn't even the best defensive SS on his own team
    I agree re: Correa. He shot himself in the foot. Not only with the Yankees but some other clubs as well. I also agree his market is small and can't afford to shrink further. Dumb *** move on his part.

  12. #2727
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    6,180
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    They are not going to start late…MLB can’t afford to lose revenue after covid 2020 with no fans and with 2021 with fans slowly being allowed to come back.

    I think somewhere between Jan 20 and Feb 15 is when the deal will be done.


    And again, starting pitchers only go 5 innings now unless you are elite like a Cole or are breezing through your game with low pitch counts.

    Sevy could start 30 and still have just 150 innings.


    Hopefully you're right. but who ever thought they would cancel an entire post season?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  13. #2728
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    6,180
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    What is wrong for being honest?

    That's funny coming from you. You've lied more times than we can count.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  14. #2729
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    375
    Nothing is wrong with being honest. However, would a smart person go into a meeting with their boss trying to get a raise and tell him his wife is fat and that he can’t understand how he became boss because you (Correa) is so much better than him? Do you get the point now? At best it shows a complete lack of social awareness.

    If he did sign with the Yankees he would have to get off to the hottest start ever seen. The second he goes 0-4 he’s getting booed louder than any yankee before him.

  15. #2730
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    13,509
    Quote Originally Posted by RJYANKS12 View Post
    Nothing is wrong with being honest. However, would a smart person go into a meeting with their boss trying to get a raise and tell him his wife is fat and that he can’t understand how he became boss because you (Correa) is so much better than him? Do you get the point now? At best it shows a complete lack of social awareness.

    If he did sign with the Yankees he would have to get off to the hottest start ever seen. The second he goes 0-4 he’s getting booed louder than any yankee before him.
    How about if we payed him say 32m AAV and he put up his avg seasons? 110 games played 20 ish HRs 85 rbi .275 avg. Fans would be screaming what a waste of money he is. If people thought the Stanton hate was bad, that would be nothing.

    Peraza would offer pretty similar defense, and by yr 2 i would be surprised if he didn't put up similar offense stats, for 1 fraction of the cost. IMO there are much better ways to spend that kind of money this off season

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •