Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 180 of 220 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190 ... LastLast
Results 2,686 to 2,700 of 3288
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Astro's and Verlander never announced his deal so it wasn't finalized by the deadline. Sounds like he'll be back on the board after the lockout
    Day, he is going to be an Astro. 2/50

I know it is not official but come onÖ.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Many here feel the same way. He wreaks of vinegar and water with a hint of iron, sulfur and fish
    If we wanted that, should have just kept Odor

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Sounds like Correa was down to the Yanks and Cubs last night and they are still the favorites to sign him
    There is no way in hell Carlos Correa will be a Yankee. I donít even care what he said about Derek Jeter. If a current Yankee has an opinion of Bernie Williams does that mean they will trade him?

The reason is the money. Hal does not want Cole, Judge, Stanton and Correa all on huge deals. That is like CC, Teix and ARod and the 2013-2014 seasons and then an old roster in the 2015 WC that was done before the game even started.

Now I really canít put Stanton in with the huge deal basket because what are the Yankees actually paying per season with Jeter taking away some of that money? Isnít Stanton basically getting $17-19 million per with the discount? So he is actually below market value if you want to compare salaries to others in the next 6 years. Or is it 7 years left?

But Cole $324 million, Correa $350 million, Judge? With Yankees he will get 8 years at the least and 8-10 on the open market. Judge will be a $35 million per player no doubt. I think Yankees offer him 7/210 like they did to Cano and he walks and Yanks get the draft pick. They will not trade him unless the team is sinking so bad that they would be forced. And I donít currently see the Yankees sinking to those depths.

Here is my Opening lineup prediction, and of course it will change day to day but if all healthy for Day 1 this is what I feel.

1. DJ 3B
    2. Judge RF
    3. Rizzo 1B
    4. Stanton DH
    5. Hicks CF
    6. Torres 2b
    7. Gallo LF
    8. Sanchez C
    9. Andrelton Simmons SS or one of the kids if they have a breakout Spring like Jeter did in 96

I thinking long and hard about Correa and Story. I feel Cashman has Volpe or Peraza as the future SS so he is telling Hal not to worry about Correa and only get Trevor Story on a huge 1 year deal for that stop gap and then they would be forced to keep the kids in the minors for 2022.

But Simmons is the logical cheap choice.

And my lineup is not a crap lineup. If healthy Iíd expect DJ on a rebound, he has done with Colorado with many up and down seasons so why not with Yankees? Judge and Stanton will dominate if healthy, look at the final 2 months. Rizzo loved NY and even a less Rizzo can still pop 20 HRs and provide great D. Hicks is playing winter ball and all signs are pointing to a good and healthy 2022. He looks good and better yet feels good. Gallo will still K but will settle down and not have that final 2 months of pressure packed baseball. April- July is no doubt less stressful for baseball players. I think he was trying too hard. At worst we will see .200 35 90
    Torres back at 2nd obviously changed him. Maybe some power returns but Iíd prefer gap power and good D at 2nd. Scary Gary is back as they are giving him one more chance. I think they get another catcher and Spring will decide the starter. Gary will explode in March. And then they could have Andrelton Simmons at SS. He is a vet and plays good D. He would be a good stop gap for 2022.

That is it folks! That will be your 2022 New York Yankees basic lineup without the backups in place as of yet.

Rotation is even easier

1. Cole
    2. Sevy
    3. Monty
    4. Taillon( May)
    5. German
    6. Gil
    7. Schmidt

There is more than enough arms to start the season. Of course if they play well and that top starter who is on the trade market could help the 2nd half if needed. Sevy will be on an innings limit but they will let him start off early to see if the fire is back in that arm. Anyway MLB has ruined starting pitchers anyway. 5 innings is like 7 innings years ago. So in effect if Sevy is healthy he could still start 30 with 150 innings easily and still not be overwork. But if this practice continues then starting pitchers in 5 years will be maxed out at 160 and that is freaking ridiculous.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 12-03-2021 at 08:52 AM.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    and the Yankees would be left holding the bag.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    If we wanted that, should have just kept Odor

Ignorance is bliss

and the Yankees would be left holding the bag.
    Very, very well played!!!

Ignorance is bliss

Sevy might not need an innings limit if this lockout cancels a month of games. And Taillon might be ready for ďnew spring trainingĒ

I have no judgment nor do I doubt that, but wrong forum.

I also think IFK will be hurt.
    LOL

Are you implying he canít handle the rough stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by RJYANKS12 View Post
    Sevy might not need an innings limit if this lockout cancels a month of games. And Taillon might be ready for ďnew spring trainingĒ
    They are not going to start lateÖMLB canít afford to lose revenue after covid 2020 with no fans and with 2021 with fans slowly being allowed to come back.

I think somewhere between Jan 20 and Feb 15 is when the deal will be done.

And again, starting pitchers only go 5 innings now unless you are elite like a Cole or are breezing through your game with low pitch counts.

Sevy could start 30 and still have just 150 innings.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

For all the Correa lovers who thought getting Seager and immediately moving him to 3B was a stupid move, why would we pay for the bad fit Correa and do the same thing. Is it a case of you have a dumb idea and I can make it dumber. LOL. Of the two ideas, I'd move Seager, because we are paying for his bat more than his glove. Moving Correa makes any contract he gets an even bigger overpay.

Story is another story. I have no problem with him at SS as a stop gap and moving him to 3B for Peraza. Actually, any stop gap would be fine, whether it's Simmons or through a trade.

I'd like to see Torres reestablish his value unless of course we can get something good for him. I don't know how the Yankees or the fans feel about trading him within the division, but the one team that would covet him after all the damage that he's done in their stadium is the Orioles. They have a CF that we like and a LH Means who would pitch well at Yankees Stadium. Perhaps, there's some possibility there.

I agree that keeping Sanchez was the right way to go, rather than releasing him for nothing. He does need a change of scenery and I think a NL team would be perfect for him, since they will be looking for DHs and the ability to catch is a plus. Too bad we traded for Stanton. It all comes back to that. had we not made that trade, we'd probably have Harper today and Sanchez could be our DH (or Miggy).

I agree with the three 1B. Let's get one. Otherwise DJ.

I'm all in on Reynolds as the first choice for a trade with Marte second.

I agree that we should keep our top LH pitching prospect (s).

We still need to beef up the coaching staff and can't take our eyes off the ball there.

Of course all of the above is irrelevant, because Gardner will be back Biatches. LOL
    They will not have DJ as the 1b. It will be either Freeman, Rizzo, Olsen or VoitÖ..Those are the ONLY choices.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

I have no judgment nor do I doubt that, but wrong forum.

I also think IFK will be hurt.

While I was born a YANKEE (no choice my dad named me after the MICK) and itís the uniform we root for I would like to ďlikeĒthe players and the people In charge. Remember the 2017 the 1996 the 2009 teams? I really liked those players
    I donít like Hal Cash or Boone. I certainly donít like Sanchez and as far as Correa goes I donít even like the guys face! I want NO part of him, and especially length and dollars heíd command.
    If he wanted to be a YANKEE he would not have made that idiotic statement about Jeter.
    Say what you want about Giambi and his gold thong[emoji23] but he did want to be here. Believe me fellas I know money talks.
    Getting Correa would be like getting Pedro and that would have sickened me.

Keeping Sanchez with the idea of spinning him to a NL team as a DH when the CBA is agreed upon is a very good idea I agree with all of you,,, however would you be that surprised if heís our starting catcher next year and Gardner is also on the roster???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw on Twitter YANKEES promote Dillon Lawson to hitting coach?

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    While I was born a YANKEE (no choice my dad named me after the MICK) and itís the uniform we root for I would like to ďlikeĒthe players and the people In charge. Remember the 2017 the 1996 the 2009 teams? I really liked those players
    I donít like Hal Cash or Boone. I certainly donít like Sanchez and as far as Correa goes I donít even like the guys face! I want NO part of him, and especially length and dollars heíd command.
    If he wanted to be a YANKEE he would not have made that idiotic statement about Jeter.
    Say what you want about Giambi and his gold thong[emoji23] but he did want to be here. Believe me fellas I know money talks.
    Getting Correa would be like getting Pedro and that would have sickened me.

Keeping Sanchez with the idea of spinning him to a NL team as a DH when the CBA is agreed upon is a very good idea I agree with all of you,,, however would you be that surprised if heís our starting catcher next year and Gardner is also on the roster???

Emphatic NO.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    LOL

Are you implying he canít handle the rough stuff?
    Ha! I meant his feelings will be hurt because he is unwanted

Ignorance is bliss