Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 178 of 220 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 3288
  1. #2656
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    25,897
    Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    Stroman is nothing special. Would you be ok with the Yanks giving him that type of money???


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sure, he is probably a top 20 pitcher in baseball. To get him on a short term deal like that would be fantastic. Please tell me how he is nothing special. He is 30th in WAR the last three seasons despite sitting out the entire 2020 season. He has elite HR, BB, and GB% rates. I'm not saying he is an ace but to get a really good #2 and not have to risk a long term deal is great value.

  2. #2657
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    13,509
    Im not a Stroman fan because of the personality, not because of his abilities. He called an Italian American a WOP on Twitter the other day, not cool.

    That said to get a pitcher of his age and quality on that kind of short term deal would have been a win. I still think he more of a decent 2/ really good 3 but his stats say he's a bit better. He was never going to be a Yankee because of Cashmans comments. I still dont think he's worth quite what he got AAV wise. Then again i wouldn't have had any issue giving a similar pitcher the same type deal.

    He got Gausman/Ray AAV for auch shorter term. If i had to choose between the 3 and the contracts they got, Stroman probably comes with the least risk. For the Cubs great deal IMO

  3. #2658
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    21,007
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Nicky was being a tad sarcastic.
    Bingo!
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  4. #2659
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    21,007
    No need to worry until after the Super Bowl folks.

    The deal will get done by then and then business will be open again. Until then enjoy the long cold winter.

    My prediction is they get Rizzo back.

    No Correa, maybe Story on a 1 yr deal.

    Rotation is basically set as they do have enough arms to start April.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  5. #2660
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    41,646
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Im not a Stroman fan because of the personality, not because of his abilities. He called an Italian American a WOP on Twitter the other day, not cool.

    That said to get a pitcher of his age and quality on that kind of short term deal would have been a win. I still think he more of a decent 2/ really good 3 but his stats say he's a bit better. He was never going to be a Yankee because of Cashmans comments. I still dont think he's worth quite what he got AAV wise. Then again i wouldn't have had any issue giving a similar pitcher the same type deal.

    He got Gausman/Ray AAV for auch shorter term. If i had to choose between the 3 and the contracts they got, Stroman probably comes with the least risk. For the Cubs great deal IMO
    Using WOP as a term and then going to Chicago? Brave man.

    He had harsh words for Cashman so I don't think he wanted any part of the Yankees.
    I got that feeling about Correa after the Jeter comments. Some guys just don't want to be Yankees. They'd rather beat the Yankees.

    THat's another aspect of free agency signings. It's easy to say throw money at them but there are guys who just don't wan to play for certain teams. The choice of Boone is another aspect of the FA situation.
    There may be guys who, like us, think he's terrible and that causes them to shy away from NY.
    Maybe that was an intended side effect t of hiring him. So now they have to trade to get players.
    What sucks is the thought that they don't sign any FAs and fans start screaming so they trade away the farm for a couple guys to say, "hey look. We are trying"
    I have a bad feeling the system will be gutted for a couple guys who are not worth it. Olson being one of them



    Ignorance is bliss

  6. #2661
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    41,646
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Please take this for whatever its worth because i'm not sure i buy it. I was told by one of my contacts that the Yanks plan on heavily engaging Correa after the lockout. Was told they believe with his market drying up he could be had for less money than Seager. The really interesting part was that they like him at 3rd base more than SS because they believe that it will be less wear and tear on his body. He is said to be open to the idea, specifically because Arod, which he is very close to, is encouraging him to make that move to help extend his career by keeping him on the field. I was not told if they wanted him to move there immediately or near future after Peraza/ Volpe is ready.

    This source also said that he thinks Freeman is going to the Dodgers, maybe before midnight. The Yanks apparent plan at 1st is Freeman, Olsen, Rizzo and if those don't workout DJ will be at 1st next yr.

    Don't be surprised if Gio and Torres are traded, Seattle was mentioned for both if they don't sign Bryant or Story. Luis Torrens was mentioned as a part of a possible return, he was a part of our system before he was taken in the rule V draft.

    This was the 2nd time i was told about the Yanks interest in Sonny Gray, again. He is a very anal driven pitcher and they feel with Blake, Briend and the new pitching coach they brought in he would could thrive here.

    They tendered Sanchez a contract because their belief is that alot of NL teams will have alot of interest in him as a DH. Philly was mentioned as a possibility.

    He said the Yanks, as well as other big market teams, have waited out the FA market because they believe the new CBA will be done just before ST and force FA into making quick decision

    This is not from my guy that works with the Yanks but is connected in the industry, so take it for whatever it's worth but everyone wants news so i thought i would pass it along

    Also mentioned Cedric Mullins as a possibility in a trade to fill their need in CF. The O's are apparently looking to move him in an effort to acquire specs, specifically pitching, that will line up more with their other promising young specs they have coming. Gil, Medina, Schmidt or Wesneski were mentioned as possibilities to be moved. He mentioned that the Yanks are least likely to move Waldichuk because of him being LHed and the lack of other LHed starters with mid to top of the rotation upside. He mentioned Monty with a better FB or Price best case as a future comp
    Awesome stuff Day. Thanks

    It's funny, Correa at third is for some reason much more appealing than him at SS. Maybe because he will finally figure it out at third and live up to his Arod talent or maybe it's because it would show an aspect of humility and team oriented thought.

    Olson is a great idea but I think the As will ask far, far more than he's worth. I wouldn't give up any top 5 aside from Schmidt.

    I saw a rumor about Mullins. I really like him but he's only had one good year, so I wonder the asking price for him. Flo, Medina, Wesneski and Devi?

    I have to give credit for the Sanchez signing after what you stated. I hadn't thought of that aspect. The same goes for Andujar. Yankees have two good hitters that may attract attention and could get some decent offerings. Especially in a trade for a pitcher.

    Moving Gio will Mae compete sense if they sign someone to play either SS or third. I am torn on Torres. I would like to give him a year at second to see if he starts hitting. With that said, I don't like him as a player so I wouldn't have much issue if they moved him



    Ignorance is bliss

  7. #2662
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,811
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Seems like I did already



    Not all youíre confused about. With that lack of a response, Iíd reconsider insulting people.
    First, tough guy, tell me who I've insulted? Are you so thin skinned you can't have your brilliance questioned?
    I'm not a believer in the "fiscal responsibility" pseudo GMs preach as if financials are the end all and be all of the game.
    It's a stock answer for financial cultists to justify cheating both the public and their employees.
    I've seen it up and down the corporate ladder and it's pathetic.
    I come to this site because I'm a long time lover of the Yankees. But I'm not a lover of the franchise's economics. Specifically, I love both the beauty of a sport that has the unique ability to stop time in a dramatic buildup that few sports can attain.
    And I love the players. The heroes who came up in the dramatic moment and transcended it or failed nobly.
    The Yankees are a billionaire's plaything. Hal is the kind of trust fund mutton head who prides himself on quarterly profit statements and knows or cares nothing of the game. His father was a maniac, but there was no question that The Yankees were more than a business to him.
    The players should get the majority of the revenues because they are the ONLY reason any of us come to the stadiums.
    Period. And please don't tell me about all the expenses of the team. Multi-billion dollar businesses have big expenses. So what?

    There is also an element I am 100% sure that a person like you can't even grasp. The metaphysical part of what this team is.
    They are Merlin in Camelot. Or to be a bit more pop culture about it, they are the Jedi knights and the Force is strong with them. Or it was. Until Hal and the Red Sux decided league parity was better for the bottom line. Fk the bottom line.
    There is a magic to Yankee Stadium and that doesn't exist in the new one. There was a spirit of the great men that came there and did things nobody had ever done or seen. And a great man declared he was the luckiest man on Earth there. And strange things happened at that Pinstriped Palace that never happened anywhere else. That is the metaphysical core of what The New York Yankees are. Or maybe were.
    So, my surly foe, if you can grasp what I'm saying I tip my hat to you. If you can't, go sit with Hal in the owner's box.
    POPS - Crotona Park - 1952

  8. #2663
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    13,509
    Astro's and Verlander never announced his deal so it wasn't finalized by the deadline. Sounds like he'll be back on the board after the lockout

  9. #2664
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    13,509
    Sounds like Correa was down to the Yanks and Cubs last night and they are still the favorites to sign him

  10. #2665
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    17,828
    Quote Originally Posted by jango2000 View Post
    First, tough guy, tell me who I've insulted? Are you so thin skinned you can't have your brilliance questioned?
    I'm not a believer in the "fiscal responsibility" pseudo GMs preach as if financials are the end all and be all of the game.
    It's a stock answer for financial cultists to justify cheating both the public and their employees.
    I've seen it up and down the corporate ladder and it's pathetic.
    I come to this site because I'm a long time lover of the Yankees. But I'm not a lover of the franchise's economics. Specifically, I love both the beauty of a sport that has the unique ability to stop time in a dramatic buildup that few sports can attain.
    And I love the players. The heroes who came up in the dramatic moment and transcended it or failed nobly.
    The Yankees are a billionaire's plaything. Hal is the kind of trust fund mutton head who prides himself on quarterly profit statements and knows or cares nothing of the game. His father was a maniac, but there was no question that The Yankees were more than a business to him.
    The players should get the majority of the revenues because they are the ONLY reason any of us come to the stadiums.
    Period. And please don't tell me about all the expenses of the team. Multi-billion dollar businesses have big expenses. So what?

    There is also an element I am 100% sure that a person like you can't even grasp. The metaphysical part of what this team is.
    They are Merlin in Camelot. Or to be a bit more pop culture about it, they are the Jedi knights and the Force is strong with them. Or it was. Until Hal and the Red Sux decided league parity was better for the bottom line. Fk the bottom line.
    There is a magic to Yankee Stadium and that doesn't exist in the new one. There was a spirit of the great men that came there and did things nobody had ever done or seen. And a great man declared he was the luckiest man on Earth there. And strange things happened at that Pinstriped Palace that never happened anywhere else. That is the metaphysical core of what The New York Yankees are. Or maybe were.
    So, my surly foe, if you can grasp what I'm saying I tip my hat to you. If you can't, go sit with Hal in the owner's box.
    Was Yokel a compliment?

    Iím not thin skinned at all. Just find it funny when people spout useless BS (like you just did) and fall back to saying people are stupid, or incapable of understanding your unquestioned wisdom

    A person like me canít understand? You mean a person that grew up a fan from day one of his life(that I can remember, anyway) and who is old enough to have seen plenty? Yeah, got me there..

    Maybe youíre the stupid, uncultured one that canít grasp the fact that there is very little magic in sports. Itís pretty much all business, all day. And pretending that the dollars going out in contracts doesnít matter, is either you being a hopeless romantic, or completely obtuse.

    Not even going to bother actually discussing it with you, as it doesnít seem youíre interested, or capable. Go root for the Rangers, Mets, or whoever else spent enough for you this season
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 12-02-2021 at 06:06 PM.

  11. #2666
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16,136
    Shady, Jango you are both long time valued members. Your insights meaningful. Your contributions appreciated. No reason we can't simply agree to disagree without it spiraling out of control and degenerating into pointless argumentative bickering. I ask we seek a peaceful resolution rather than escalation. Thanks in advance.

  12. #2667
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    38,288
    Let them fight, dammit

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  13. #2668
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    37,453
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Let them fight, dammit

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Fight me, punk.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  14. #2669
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    38,288
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Fight me, punk.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk


    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  15. #2670
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    37,453
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post


    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    I'm offended.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •