Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    Decided on Boone [emoji3064]

Lol. Ouch

Ignorance is bliss

Jayson Stark

Free agents from the @JimBowdenGM top 25 who remain unsigned on Lockout Eve:

Correa #2
    Freeman #3
    Story #6
    Bryant #7
    Stroman #11

Castellanos #13
    Suzuki #14
    Jansen #15
    Rodon #16
    Kershaw #17
    Rizzo #20

Conforto #21
    Taylor #22
    Schwarber #24

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    I will laugh like hell if they bring in Schwarber. He's not exactly known for athleticism but the anals love him

Suzuki on a one year? I like him but I don't think it's that much of an upgrade over Higgy or Gary
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 12-01-2021 at 06:34 PM.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Lol. Ouch
    Funny thing clown is I’m not a Facebook person anymore but I do like to check my memories and my exact quote was “holy crap it’s Boone”

The Yankees policy this offseason was to monitor the shortstop market, but not make a big signing. Right until this week, GM Brian Cashman was telling some agents he did not have a defined budget from Steinbrenner yet. Whether that was a bluff or reality, the Yankees tried a bit (a $25 million offer for Justin Verlander, for example), but were mainly bystanders as 45 major league free-agent contracts were agreed to through Tuesday for $1.73 billion.
    - Sherman, https://nypost.com/2021/12/01/yankee...-lockout-ends/

What is abundantly clear as we enter the CBA negotiations is that the classic large market teams, the Yankees, Red Sox, and Dodgers, were planning on waiting out the expiration of the current agreement in order to force free agents into a tighter timed market coming out of the CBA with Spring Training looming.

Elsewhere, Cashman was quoted as stating that he likes deadlines as they seem to force people, free agents mainly, to "get in their lane," or something to that effect.

It does not appear that the Yankees, Dodgers, or Red Sox actually expected the smaller market teams like the Rangers to really engage in the upper end of free agency to the degree that they have. And obviously, Cohen's spending spree was not exactly telegraphed.

So, despite the "YES men" like Michael Kay saying that the Yankees were not caught asleep at the wheel, it very much looks like they were.

The trade market was supposedly dead, yet Stallings was sent packing to Miami for a prospect package the Yankees could have easily met and surpassed.

Olson was checked in on by various teams, but Oakland has no incentive to move him until trade partners are desperate and they can further increase demands.

The Yankees are increasingly mentioned as out on long term deals and increasingly tied to players like Simmons and IKF.

After passing on Seager and Semien, two talented SS options that could easily move to either 3B or 2B respectively to make room for the upcoming prospects, a bevy of Yankee fans convinced themselves that these two players were somehow not worth the price-tag and that signing someone into their late 30s is a bad idea anyways.

UNLESS of course we are in the bidding war for Freddie Freeman's age 32-37 seasons at a reported $30MM AAV.

Which is apparently different than signing a position of immediate need to cover the same years at nearly an identical price....somehow.

And we have not even begun to talk about how two of the spots in our 2022 rotation are depending on Tommy John arms and the only real options are trades that may never materialize.

There is still enough time and enough talent available on the market for Cashman to make some big moves and the Yankees have the prospect capital to make some serious trades.

Time will tell.

This is going to be a boring winter.
    We’re pointing out that these statistics breed false narratives, and we value the truth. This isn’t about replacing old numbers with new numbers, or attempting to dissuade anyone from enjoying the aesthetics of the game. It is simply about telling the average fan about the reality of what actually happened on the field. The “Holy Trinity” of baseball statistics fail at this most basic task, and so they are not worth deifying any longer. - Dave Cameron

Stroman to the cubbies 71 million 3 years

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    Stroman to the cubbies 71 million 3 years

That is A LOT of money for an average pitcher. I mean I guess the bright side is that he had a slightly below average WHIP and started a lot of games.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    That is A LOT of money for an average pitcher. I mean I guess the bright side is that he had a slightly below average WHIP and started a lot of games.
    Agreed 100%
    I actually had to read it twice to make sure

Please take this for whatever its worth because i'm not sure i buy it. I was told by one of my contacts that the Yanks plan on heavily engaging Correa after the lockout. Was told they believe with his market drying up he could be had for less money than Seager. The really interesting part was that they like him at 3rd base more than SS because they believe that it will be less wear and tear on his body. He is said to be open to the idea, specifically because Arod, which he is very close to, is encouraging him to make that move to help extend his career by keeping him on the field. I was not told if they wanted him to move there immediately or near future after Peraza/ Volpe is ready.

This source also said that he thinks Freeman is going to the Dodgers, maybe before midnight. The Yanks apparent plan at 1st is Freeman, Olsen, Rizzo and if those don't workout DJ will be at 1st next yr.

Don't be surprised if Gio and Torres are traded, Seattle was mentioned for both if they don't sign Bryant or Story. Luis Torrens was mentioned as a part of a possible return, he was a part of our system before he was taken in the rule V draft.

This was the 2nd time i was told about the Yanks interest in Sonny Gray, again. He is a very anal driven pitcher and they feel with Blake, Briend and the new pitching coach they brought in he would could thrive here.

They tendered Sanchez a contract because their belief is that alot of NL teams will have alot of interest in him as a DH. Philly was mentioned as a possibility.

He said the Yanks, as well as other big market teams, have waited out the FA market because they believe the new CBA will be done just before ST and force FA into making quick decision

This is not from my guy that works with the Yanks but is connected in the industry, so take it for whatever it's worth but everyone wants news so i thought i would pass it along

Also mentioned Cedric Mullins as a possibility in a trade to fill their need in CF. The O's are apparently looking to move him in an effort to acquire specs, specifically pitching, that will line up more with their other promising young specs they have coming. Gil, Medina, Schmidt or Wesneski were mentioned as possibilities to be moved. He mentioned that the Yanks are least likely to move Waldichuk because of him being LHed and the lack of other LHed starters with mid to top of the rotation upside. He mentioned Monty with a better FB or Price best case as a future comp
    Last edited by dayners81; 12-02-2021 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    The Stroman hate on this forum for years is weird. Three of his last four seasons were excellent. The only year he struggled was a year three years ago when his shoulder was bothering him. Stroman is a really solid pitcher.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    The Stroman hate on this forum for years is weird. Three of his last four seasons were excellent. The only year he struggled was a year three years ago when his shoulder was bothering him. Stroman is a really solid pitcher.
    I don't like him bc he seems like a whiny child who can't get the Yankees out of his head for some weird reason. I'm glad he will waste away in Chicago, but he's definitely a good pitcher.

Here are stat comparisons of Stroman and another AL pitcher...

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    I don't like him bc he seems like a whiny child who can't get the Yankees out of his head for some weird reason. I'm glad he will waste away in Chicago, but he's definitely a good pitcher.

Here are stat comparisons of Stroman and another AL pitcher...

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    I agree with that. I'm not fond of the person but I am a fan of the pitcher.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Stroman is nothing special. Would you be ok with the Yanks giving him that type of money???

http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Please take this for whatever its worth because i'm not sure i buy it. I was told by one of my contacts that the Yanks plan on heavily engaging Correa after the lockout. Was told they believe with his market drying up he could be had for less money than Seager. The really interesting part was that they like him at 3rd base more than SS because they believe that it will be less wear and tear on his body. He is said to be open to the idea, specifically because Arod, which he is very close to, is encouraging him to make that move to help extend his career by keeping him on the field. I was not told if they wanted him to move there immediately or near future after Peraza/ Volpe is ready.

This source also said that he thinks Freeman is going to the Dodgers, maybe before midnight. The Yanks apparent plan at 1st is Freeman, Olsen, Rizzo and if those don't workout DJ will be at 1st next yr.

Don't be surprised if Gio and Torres are traded, Seattle was mentioned for both if they don't sign Bryant or Story. Luis Torrens was mentioned as a part of a possible return, he was a part of our system before he was taken in the rule V draft.

This was the 2nd time i was told about the Yanks interest in Sonny Gray, again. He is a very anal driven pitcher and they feel with Blake, Briend and the new pitching coach they brought in he would could thrive here.

They tendered Sanchez a contract because their belief is that alot of NL teams will have alot of interest in him as a DH. Philly was mentioned as a possibility.

He said the Yanks, as well as other big market teams, have waited out the FA market because they believe the new CBA will be done just before ST and force FA into making quick decision

This is not from my guy that works with the Yanks but is connected in the industry, so take it for whatever it's worth but everyone wants news so i thought i would pass it along

Also mentioned Cedric Mullins as a possibility in a trade to fill their need in CF. The O's are apparently looking to move him in an effort to acquire specs, specifically pitching, that will line up more with their other promising young specs they have coming. Gil, Medina, Schmidt or Wesneski were mentioned as possibilities to be moved. He mentioned that the Yanks are least likely to move Waldichuk because of him being LHed and the lack of other LHed starters with mid to top of the rotation upside. He mentioned Monty with a better FB or Price best case as a future comp
    Nice intel Day!

Interesting if the Yanks feel they can get Correa for a discount of what he’s asking. How would he fit in the club house ? How would that effect signing Judge?

I agree with the 1B plan but I think all of us in this forum agree.

Torres and Gio leaving vía trade should land a decent return.

I agree keeping the hard throwing lefty spec. I’m not a spec hoarder by any means but there are a few I want to see come up…..like next season.