Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 228 of 277 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230238 ... LastLast
Results 3,406 to 3,420 of 4143
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    The above was predicated on Clown's assumption that Torres is gone.
    I will Use the short post to respond to a longer one!

Doc, I still believe SS needs the strongest arm and that they've got the longest throw. Anything that moves them away from their glove side, dramatically increases the throw.
    From starting points of alignment, 3B has the longer throw but anything into the 3b-SS hole, changes that.

Ignorance is bliss

If I were starting a team, as for fielding, I'd want to prioritize C, SS, CF as the top 3, followed by 3B, RF, 1B, as the next 3 and 2B, LF as the lowest relevance. So why do we construct a team with a less tan average fielding catcher, no SS and no CF depth, while having multiple 2B? LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    If I were starting a team, as for fielding, I'd want to prioritize C, SS, CF as the top 3, followed by 3B, RF, 1B, as the next 3 and 2B, LF as the lowest relevance. So why do we construct a team with a less tan average fielding catcher, no SS and no CF depth, while having multiple 2B? LOL.
    Bingo.
    Build your team up the middle.

But fear not, the Yankees have an excellent RF and LF. So all is good.

Ignorance is bliss

I have a feeling the owners are really going to stick it to the players.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I have a feeling the owners are really going to stick it to the players.
    I'm more often on the side of the owners (not being a communist as others on this board - Hah Hah), but this is disappointing and makes me shift to the players side on yesterday's negotiations.

https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/22...ion-bonus-pool

If this report is correct and the owners only raised the under one year salary to $615 K and didn't raise the one and two year salaries at all, then they are really acting like jerks. The players demand of $775 K seems reasonable to me. In fact, I feel that it should be $1 million.

Also, the players want a pre-arbitration bonus pool of $100 million and the owners counter with $10 million?!?! Still, if $10 million makes it into the final agreement, at least it opens the door for future increases.

Jon Heyman
    @JonHeyman

MLB and union are making real progress the last 2 days. The CBT (luxury tax), both the threshold and penalties, may be the biggest hurdle among a few left to clear. twitter.com/chelsea_janes/

Bobby Milone
    @BobbyMilone29

Union wants 245M, Owners 214M
    My guess they meet at 230M

As a Yankees fan, this is the most important part of the deal

MLB Rejects MLBPA's Proposal For $30MM Cut To Revenue Sharing

Bingo.
    Build your team up the middle.

But fear not, the Yankees have an excellent RF and LF. So all is good.
    IMO the 4 toughest position are the ones up the middle. Thats why all your elite young players start off in those positions and move out. If you can play CF, u can play the corners. Same in the infield, if you can play SS you can play the other INF positions, especially 2nd or 3rd.

C is probably the toughest position defensively IMO. A great defensive C makes the whole team, including the pitchers better.

IMO, 1st base is a little under rated defensively. Sure you can get by with a bat 1st guy but having a guy that can catch anything thrown at him is a huge asset.

This team hasn;t been good defensively in a while, they have gone with bat 1st guys, especially up the middle. I would really like to see them focus on getting better defensively up the middle and just more athletic all around.

Saying that DJ isn't going anywhere is because I think it will be way more difficult to move DJ.

Can he be moved? Yes.

If he doesn't get back to form, how many teams will be interested in trading for him?

If he does get back to form, why trade him?

I think he can be an excellent 1B if they lock him into that spot. I think he's a good hitter and will be better this year.

I have zero issue if they move him but I think Torres is a far easier sell and will net much more at this point.
    The only teams that would be interested in DJ are immediate contenders, so that limits his market alot alone.

Torres is still young and fairly cheap, it would be much easier to move him than DJ.

It would be a shame to sell this low on either

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    IMO the 4 toughest position are the ones up the middle. Thats why all your elite young players start off in those positions and move out. If you can play CF, u can play the corners. Same in the infield, if you can play SS you can play the other INF positions, especially 2nd or 3rd.

C is probably the toughest position defensively IMO. A great defensive C makes the whole team, including the pitchers better.

IMO, 1st base is a little under rated defensively. Sure you can get by with a bat 1st guy but having a guy that can catch anything thrown at him is a huge asset.

This team hasn;t been good defensively in a while, they have gone with bat 1st guys, especially up the middle. I would really like to see them focus on getting better defensively up the middle and just more athletic all around.
    Does that suggest giving the rook a shot, and dealing with the growing pains is the answer, or shopping for a shorter term fix at SS?

I guess a lot pivots on whether Torres is a longer term answer at 2B and where they see DJ playing the bulk of his innings. Is the interest in Olson and or Freeman legit? Would they consider a Chapman and Montas deal with A's? If so is Peraza the center piece as rumored? Is he (Peraza) expendable considering the plethora of young SS? Is Rizzo and his platinum glove the way to go? Too many questions with too few answers.

Yankees have great internal candidate to replace closer Aroldis Chapman, scouts say
    Updated: Jan. 27, 2022, 10:45 a.m. | Published: Jan. 27, 2022, 10:43 a.m.

https://www.nj.com/yankees/2022/01/y...couts-say.html

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Does that suggest giving the rook a shot, and dealing with the growing pains is the answer, or shopping for a shorter term fix at SS?

I guess a lot pivots on whether Torres is a longer term answer at 2B and where they see DJ playing the bulk of his innings. Is the interest in Olson and or Freeman legit? Would they consider a Chapman and Montas deal with A's? If so is Peraza the center piece as rumored? Is he (Peraza) expendable considering the plethora of young SS? Is Rizzo and his platinum glove the way to go? Too many questions with too few answers.
    With the option currently available, I think either letting Gio be the stopgap or just going with Peraza and dealing with the growing pains is my choice. IMO, Peraza is different from the other SS we have coming. He is already a plus defender with the best INF arm in the system. I'm not trying to down play the bat, but his speed and defense will be his calling card. He doesn't have the bat Volpe does but it's not far behind either. I see Peraza as Reyes with more power/ better defense

Yeah we do have other SS options but they aren't on Peraza level defensively. Volpe can play the position but is likely much better suited for 2nd or 3rd. He is filling out quickly and will likely lose some range and really doesn't have the arm to make the deep throws.

Cabrera is an option at SS but it's certainly not his best position. He's much better suited in a utility role.

I don't think Sweeney is a SS long term but its only been a half of a season.

Vargas can play the position but he's still in SS ball and who know if he makes it. Until a player hits well at AA, IMO its very hard to project what they can do past that level.

Arias probably has one of the highest ceilings of any SS in BB, but he's 17 and we have to see how the tools develop.

I don't think Chapman is a serious option at SS, just doesn't make sense. I think the interest in Olsen and Freeman is legit but because of the cost Rizzo seems most likely IMO

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    With the option currently available, I think either letting Gio be the stopgap or just going with Peraza and dealing with the growing pains is my choice. IMO, Peraza is different from the other SS we have coming. He is already a plus defender with the best INF arm in the system. I'm not trying to down play the bat, but his speed and defense will be his calling card. He doesn't have the bat Volpe does but it's not far behind either. I see Peraza as Reyes with more power/ better defense

Yeah we do have other SS options but they aren't on Peraza level defensively. Volpe can play the position but is likely much better suited for 2nd or 3rd. He is filling out quickly and will likely lose some range and really doesn't have the arm to make the deep throws.

Cabrera is an option at SS but it's certainly not his best position. He's much better suited in a utility role.

I don't think Sweeney is a SS long term but its only been a half of a season.

Vargas can play the position but he's still in SS ball and who know if he makes it. Until a player hits well at AA, IMO its very hard to project what they can do past that level.

Arias probably has one of the highest ceilings of any SS in BB, but he's 17 and we have to see how the tools develop.

I don't think Chapman is a serious option at SS, just doesn't make sense. I think the interest in Olsen and Freeman is legit but because of the cost Rizzo seems most likely IMO
    I agree Chaoman at SS makes zero sense, however Gio to SS is a possibility. I don't like it, but it's plausible. I read a blurb today that stated Voit is healthy and ready to go. He's made changes to his workout routine that put less stress on his knees.

What stinks is that we don't know whether the rumor about those two proposed trades that the Yankee reported to MLB are real and which players are involved. It could be that some of the players we are trying to protect might already be traded.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    What stinks is that we don't know whether the rumor about those two proposed trades that the Yankee reported to MLB are real and which players are involved. It could be that some of the players we are trying to protect might already be traded.
    The one deal for Marte and Kelly is off because of concerns with Marte's arm and being unsure if he will be able to play CF going forward. I was told that the Yanks weren't going to include Peraza and Wells to get another 2nd baseman.

I have been told about 2 other deals but both of those is dependent on the NL getting the DH and we would be the ones getting specs back

To my knowledge, and i'm certain i don't know close to everything, we have not agreed to trading any of our top specs.

I talked to one of my sources yesterday, he works for Boras now as a scout, the Yanks are leaning towards either a stop gap or giving Peraza the job if he can win it in ST.

I was also told the Yanks are still very, very much in on Seya Suzuki and not to believe the Soxs are the front runners. That was based on them trading Renfroe and not much else. He's rumored to prefer a west coast team but the Yanks have yet to jump in with both feet until they know what the luxury tax is going to be
    Take it FWIW
    Last edited by dayners81; 01-28-2022 at 12:18 AM.