Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 221 of 277 FirstFirst ... 121171211219220221222223231271 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,315 of 4143
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Major League Baseball and the MLB Players Association plan to meet Monday, when the union is expected to present a counteroffer to the league’s proposal last week, sources tell ESPN.

This would be the second meeting between the sides since MLB locked out players on Dec. 2.

- Passan

This is also an inperson meeting. Last offer from the MLB was done over video call.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by OhSoSlick; 01-20-2022 at 07:40 PM.
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Major League Baseball and the MLB Players Association plan to meet Monday, when the union is expected to present a counteroffer to the league’s proposal last week, sources tell ESPN.

This would be the second meeting between the sides since MLB locked out players on Dec. 2.

- Passan

This is also an inperson meeting. Last offer from the MLB was done over video call.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Thanks Slick. I hope these sides figure this out sooner than later. The later it goes, the more chance of a lost season

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Thanks Slick. I hope these sides figure this out sooner than later. The later it goes, the more chance of a lost season
    They will hammer this out after the Super Bowl. Book it!
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I can’t get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I wonder what the cut off is in terms of games lost before they rush to get a deal done. 30? 50? 81? I don't expect them to miss the whole season because everyone saw how that devastated the NHL in 04'-05', not to mention the cancelled WS in baseball in 1994.
    I really don't know, Buster Olney is saying he thinks both sides are willing to miss games and we might not see the season start till June. He thinks we could see a season of 100 games or less.

I'm hopeful but not optomistic that the season starts on time. Both sides are backing themselves into a corner. There are about 300 unsigned FA, the longer the union takes to counter the harder it's going to be for those players to get paid. Teams are going to want a very fast negotiation and if the player doesn;t accept, teams will quickly move on. The non star FA's are going to get squeezed even harder than normal yrs if the union doesn't get back to the table.

If they start missing games and revenue I think you'll see owner go with specs vs mid level FA.

Unfortunately owners can afford, at least more than the players to loose some revenue. IMO they owners are probably going to get closer to what they want. As usual in pro sports, when players start missing checks is when they are going to start caving IMO. I don't know for sure but i think players start getting payed in ST, when the big names start losing millions after a week or 2 they pressure the players union to make a deal so they start getting paid again.

They are taking a horrible chance of pushing even more fans away. Both sides need to figure something out that allows them to start on time but i don't know how likely that is

What would you guys think about this trade Olsen and Montas for Peraza, Gil, Wells and Vasquez . It was purposed by Bowden and seems to be what the industry thinks it will take to get a deal for those 2 done.

@AndrewMarchand
    · 9h
    NEWS: Carlos Beltran is a candidate to become a YES game analyst, The Post has learned.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    What would you guys think about this trade Olsen and Montas for Peraza, Gil, Wells and Vasquez . It was purposed by Bowden and seems to be what the industry thinks it will take to get a deal for those 2 done.
    Ooh this has both sides of the coin. I think I’d marginally say yes. But looks a tight one. Then again any good deal should.

I might do it, if our player development people are really sky high on Volpe and if the organization truly feels that Gio can be a stop gap at SS.

I would say no. That is only because I want to see Peraza play for the Yankees. If you sub Sweeney and Vargas, I would say yes.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    I might do it, if our player development people are really sky high on Volpe and if the organization truly feels that Gio can be a stop gap at SS.
    Agree. "IF" . You then have a hole at 3B. Imo, question remains, is 1B an immediate area of need? I think the answer is no, with potentially Rizzo and Voit good options. Is SS an immediate area of need, I think the answer is yes. Isn't Peraza the closest to ML ready?

Montas may be a bigger area of need than Olson, imo.

ps. Isn't Wells the highest ranked C prospect? With all the rumors swirling around Sanchez is that someone they should be moving?
    Last edited by drt1010; 01-21-2022 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Agree. "IF" . You then have a hole at 3B. Imo, question remains, is 1B an immediate area of need? I think the answer is no, with potentially Rizzo and Voit good options. Is SS an immediate area of need, I think the answer is yes. Isn't Peraza the closest to ML ready?

ps. Isn't Wells the highest ranked C prospect? With all the rumors swirling around Sanchez is that someone they should be moving?
    Obviously, the loss of Peraza would make me hesitate. However, to address what you said about 3B, DJ's our 3B, since Gleyber's our 2B and Olsen takes over at 1B, so there would be no hole at 3b. I also worry about catcher, but I don't believe the team sees Wells as a long term solution and his future might be at 1B. barring a trade, Gomez is the catcher of the future. I was hoping for Gil in the rotation, so Montas, who is an established pitcher with two or more years of control takes that spot. So does that make him more valuable than Olsen for us? Olsen is needed as a LH slugger to hit between Judge and Stanton. He is both younger than Rizzo and an upgrade. Voit is OK, but 1B is the one place on the field that we can instantly put a LH in the line-up. Again, it's a tough call given that Peraza is probably ready now and Volpe might take a little more time

Doc, I completely agree. I also wonder if they will move Wells to first. I thought I read or Day or KB reported that they had been doing that.
    He's certainly got the bat for the spot.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Obviously, the loss of Peraza would make me hesitate. However, to address what you said about 3B, DJ's our 3B, since Gleyber's our 2B and Olsen takes over at 1B, so there would be no hole at 3b. I also worry about catcher, but I don't believe the team sees Wells as a long term solution and his future might be at 1B. barring a trade, Gomez is the catcher of the future. I was hoping for Gil in the rotation, so Montas, who is an established pitcher with two or more years of control takes that spot. So does that make him more valuable than Olsen for us? Olsen is needed as a LH slugger to hit between Judge and Stanton. He is both younger than Rizzo and an upgrade. Voit is OK, but 1B is the one place on the field that we can instantly put a LH in the line-up. Again, it's a tough call given that Peraza is probably ready now and Volpe might take a little more time
    I imagine DJ could play 3B, although is that the wisest decision considering his age. He's played a total of 143 games at 3B of his 1344 career total. He's a 2B, I fear stretching him at 3B maybe asking for trouble over the course of a season. Imo DJ is an emergency fill at 3B, not a long term solution. I agree re: LH bat at 1B, but I do question whether the total package compensates for the gain. Let's not forget Rizzo is a stellar glove at 1B, 4 time GG winner a NL Platinum Glove as well as Def Player of the year. Olson may be an upgrade with the bat, but not the glove. I like him, but don't feel at this juncture the most pressing need.

Imo simply adding a stop gap SS, ala Story, would be the smoothest transition to Peraza / Volpe / Arias/ Sweeny / Vargas, et al.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Doc, I completely agree. I also wonder if they will move Wells to first. I thought I read or Day or KB reported that they had been doing that.
    He's certainly got the bat for the spot.
    Clown, you may be right re: Wells. IDK for certain. As of this moment they still have him listed as a C. I do recall Day mentioning he may eventually be a 1B.

Clown, you may be right re: Wells. IDK for certain. As of this moment they still have him listed as a C. I do recall Day mentioning he may eventually be a 1B.
    You have to wonder if there are internal conversations regarding that and the first base spot. Sign Rizzo for 2-3 and hope wells takes his place?

Ignorance is bliss