Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 200 of 277 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202210250 ... LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 4143
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Dayners suggested in another thread to just roll with Peraza from day 1. I would be all for it and am willing to live with the struggles.

I would love to see Flo be the 4th OF.
    I am 100% in favor of letting the kids play. Flo is so fast and athletic. Give him playing time and he'll figure it out.

If we are going to pass on big ticket FAs because we like the kids (which I am fully in support of), then let them play. Letís see what we got. Or at least get a stopgap that we will be fine with not playing, once they do push their way up mid-season

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    If we are going to pass on big ticket FAs because we like the kids (which I am fully in support of), then let them play. Letís see what we got. Or at least get a stopgap that we will be fine with not playing, once they do push their way up mid-season
    100%. Don't use the kids as an excuse not to spend! I also agree on the stop gap.

I would say most things only take him 2 seconds.

OH!

I'm not privy to that. LOL
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Still can't

Reading comprehension still a problem I see. What did decide? I said I NEED MORE TIME.
    let me enlighten you so you do not have to think to much yellich was awful last year he has chronic back issues he has a massive contract... as much as i would like hader.. that contract for yellich is a deal breaker if the rumor has any truth in it...

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    let me enlighten you so you do not have to think to much yellich was awful last year he has chronic back issues he has a massive contract... as much as i would like hader.. that contract for yellich is a deal breaker if the rumor has any truth in it...
    Still having trouble with reading comprehension i see.. It was clearly stated that it was a twitter rumor... SMH

New York Yankees
    Yankeesource
    @YankeeSource

Cashman believes that Oswald Peraza's defense is MLB ready. He has more upside with the bat. Simmons adds defense and nothing else. Unless the Yankees are afraid of losing value on Peraza by exposing him in the majors, that's a good avenue to take rather than Simmons.

Quote Originally Posted by PJO34 View Post
    I have a few thoughts:

(1) First Base: I don't think Voit can be the Yankees' everyday first baseman and I would not waste a bench position for him. The best outcome would be if the NL gets the DH. Voit, especially with his 2020 season should be worth something to a few NL teams. If Olsen is too expensive, I would prefer Rizzo on a short term. If that is not possible, I am comfortable with DJ being our everyday first baseman.

(2) Second Base: I look forward to watching Torres regain his offense now that he is back at second. I think he could be bounce back player of the year.

(3) Shortstop: I am glad we did not sign Seager and I would not want Correa even if I knew for a fact we would get to the World Series with him. I never want to see that garbage in a Yankees uniform. I am intrigued with the idea of a one or two year deal with Story if that is actually possible. Within that time, we could theoretically get Volpe and Peraza situated at SS and Third.

(4) Third: I know he has regressed, but I am still a fan of Urshella at third unless we get Olsen or Rizzo at first, and then I would have DJ as the everyday third baseman. DJ is also a strong candidate for bounce back player for 2022.

Outfield: I love the idea of Suzuki at CF. Judge should be extended and made captain. I think Gallo (who I would love to retain) will be much better in his second year with NY. His main problem is that he uses a severe upper cut swing where he not only has to be in the zone at the right place, but also at the right time. I think he should study Stanton's swing which is usually parallel to the ground and stays in the zone during the full swing. Gallo's severe upper cut swing is responsible for his towering fly balls that go about 200 in the air and about 200 feet into the outfield. I would also like to see Stanton play at least 50% of the games in the field. He got a into the field much more in 2021 and I think it helped him shake off his failures, stay focused and healthy. He is a stud athlete, not grandma's fine china.

Pitchers: Cole-Severino-Monty-Taillon is a good top four. I also liked what Cortes showed and can't wait to see if it was a fluke or whether he can be a reliable pitcher. I still like German. I would like to see Carlos Rodon get the Kluber role in 2022. It's only money and if he can stay healthy, he could be a top of the rotation arm.

Relievers: I like our relief corps. Assuming Abreu and Gil (or Schmidt) do not win a rotation spot out of spring training, I would like to see them incorporated into a hybrid role where they would be slotted as end game reliever for the third and fifth spot pitchers. That way they would maintain the five days between starts and would pitch for about four innings each time so their pitch counts would remain relatively high. The rest of the relievers could be rested on those starts unless the starter and ender both had bad games.

Catcher: I am not a big fan of Sanchez, but I do not see anything in the free agent or trade markets that would be a significant marginal upgrade. I would get him off the one knee so he could throw out a runner once in a while. He has the arm strength. There is no reason why a grandma with a walker can steal second on him.

Other thoughts: I would love to see us keep Andujar. I have always been a fan and my worst baseball nightmare is him ending up in Boston and hitting 1000 doubles off the green monster every year.

Also, I know people grouse about re-signing Gardner, but he always comes ready to play and never takes a play off. In addition, before my mom died two years ago we watched almost every Yankees game. Nothing gave her more excitment then Gardner sliding into first. I know it's not a great idea and I don't know if it helped, but she had such a childlike reaction to it each and every time and he will always be cool to me for that.
    1st base. If Voit is our 1st baseman, or even on the team something has gone horribly wrong. They showed what the thought of him by not playing him much after the trade deadline. If DJ ends up being our 1st baseman next yr i don't think that would be the worse outcome. That said with Freeman, Olsen and Rizzo available, they really need to get 1 of those 3. We need more balance to the lineup and thats an easiest way to add a LHed bat .

2nd I really want to see Torres back there and see what he does with a full season.

SS I want nothing to do with Correa. Story on a short term deal makes a ton of sense, the throwing issues and the scouting reports that have come out recently about his arm issue are a little concerning though. I have no issue going with Peraza from day 1

3rd I think Gio will be gone and DJ ends up there

RF Judge resign the man, enough said

CF Hicks isn't good enough. I love the idea of Suzuki but i would like K Marte even more. I really, really want Reynolds but i think we'd have to pay huge to get him and i don't think Cash is going to do that.

LF Gallo, i love what he brings defensively and hope he improves at the plate

C I've been a long time Sanchez defender but thats over. I don't think you can have a starting C that our 2 best starters refuse to throw to him. With Stallings gone i don't think there is an easy fix but they gotta do something. Higgy has no business starting in the playoffs

DH Stanton and agree he should play him in the field much more.

Rotation. Sevy, when healthy has always been very good, but with his late return last season, I;m not sure he is going to be able to throw 150 IN + that were going to need our #2 to throw. Taillon is coming back from an injury and won't be available to start the yr. I think they have to get one starting pitcher, I like the idea of Rendon but would prefer Manaea

BP I'm fine with them rolling with what they have, especially with the kids they have coming. I really wouldn't mind if they moved on or both of Green or Chapman though
    Last edited by dayners81; 12-18-2021 at 06:41 PM.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Still having trouble with reading comprehension i see.. It was clearly stated that it was a twitter rumor... SMH
    Someone should enlighten him, to punctuation, grammar and spelling

Ignorance is bliss

Sounds like the Padres are willing to give up a top 5 spec to anyone will to take back Hosmer. Hosmer has 4 yrs left on his deal, 1 yr 20m guaranteed with 3 player options for 13 M a piece. If they were willing to Robert Hassel or MacKenzie Gore to him would u guys do it. Or we could send them Voit and something else back, could we get back
    Luis Campusano back and solve our C problem long term???

Someone should enlighten him, to punctuation, grammar and spelling
    Me calling him out for that would be a little hypocritical with as lazy as i can get with my punctuation and spelling also.
    I do find it odd that he and his 2 brothers have so much trouble with the same things though, Math and Reading are hard

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Me calling him out for that would be a little hypocritical with as lazy as i can get with my punctuation and spelling also.
    I do find it odd that he and his 2 brothers have so much trouble with the same things though, Math and Reading are hard
    some people like to just hurl insults i see rather then discuss the topic... oh well... i won't go down that road..

Take this for whatever it's worth but i was told Rendon and especially his wife want him to be a Yankee next yr. To get around the no contact rule from players/ agents talking to teams she had a relative talk to some people contected to the Yanks to guage our interest. Sounds like he's going to be a high priority for the Yanks when the CBA comes around

1 Cole
    2 Rendon
    3 Sevy
    4 Monty
    5 King/ Gil/ Cortes/ Wesneski / Waldichuk till Taillon comes back

If we could keep that rotation mostly healthy, that would be a very strong rotation

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Just my opinion.

My point is the Yankees have all of this money to spend and Iím not even going to mention players. We will take them out for now. Iím talking about coaches, trainers,analytics department, scouts, ect. They obviously can spend more than most teams in these areas by far. Yet, they canít do better than the Rays? 2010-2021 the Rays have been a better organization with less to work with.

It sounds like there are a lot of fat cats in some of these areas of the organization. Are these people really earning their money?
    there is no denying that for the last 10yrs the Rays have been better run. That said, it's much easier to build from within when the Rays basically have 3 draft pick and pool money in the top 55 picks every yr. Plus they get extra IFA money that allows them to sign more top IFA they we do. A little know fact is we actually had agreed to a 6M dollar deal with Franco in 2016 but the new CBA that yr capped our spending a 5M. The Rays because they had more pool money were able to jump in at the last minute and sign him.

If we had Franco already at SS, u have any idea how much different this team would be right now? The Rays maybe better run but they have a huge advantage they shouldn't in the draft and IFA and that helps them far more than people realize
    Last edited by dayners81; 12-18-2021 at 09:57 PM.

Yankees screwed up. First of all they should have never brought Boone back as manager and then you had a Buck Showalter out there for the taking and you worry too much of getting him because of money and analytics.

Buck would have been the perfect manager for this particular roster. They are experienced now and need to be kicked in the *** at times. Buck gets the best out of his roster. Boone is a good manager for a very young team that needs nurturing. We are past that point now.

The Mets will have a better record than the Yankees in 2022. Book it!
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night