Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Fast forward to the 15 second mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC-PSoxSNk0

Ignorance is bliss

BTW Tanaka is staying in Japan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    While I was born a YANKEE (no choice my dad named me after the MICK) and itís the uniform we root for I would like to ďlikeĒthe players and the people In charge. Remember the 2017 the 1996 the 2009 teams? I really liked those players
    I donít like Hal Cash or Boone. I certainly donít like Sanchez and as far as Correa goes I donít even like the guys face! I want NO part of him, and especially length and dollars heíd command.
    If he wanted to be a YANKEE he would not have made that idiotic statement about Jeter.
    Say what you want about Giambi and his gold thong[emoji23] but he did want to be here. Believe me fellas I know money talks.
    Getting Correa would be like getting Pedro and that would have sickened me.

Keeping Sanchez with the idea of spinning him to a NL team as a DH when the CBA is agreed upon is a very good idea I agree with all of you,,, however would you be that surprised if heís our starting catcher next year and Gardner is also on the roster???

What was idiotic about his Jeter comments? In no way did Jeter come close to ever deserving a single of his 5 gold gloves.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Opinions are like *******s we all have one.

With state taxes, the dodgers wouldíve had to pay Seager $401MM to equal the deal he signed with Texas. Wonder how much that factors into some of these signings.

Quote Originally Posted by RJYANKS12 View Post
    With state taxes, the dodgers wouldíve had to pay Seager $401MM to equal the deal he signed with Texas. Wonder how much that factors into some of these signings.
    I read something close to that also. I'm not to sure thats accurate though. Players have to pay taxes in the states they play in. When they come to another state and play there, they pay taxes in that state

I imagine that not pay state taxes in half the games is certainly an incentive but when your making that much money is it really worth going to a bad team for a couple extra M?

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I read something close to that also. I'm not to sure thats accurate though. Players have to pay taxes in the states they play in. When they come to another state and play there, they pay taxes in that state

I imagine that not pay state taxes in half the games is certainly an incentive but when your making that much money is it really worth going to a bad team for a couple extra M?
    A player pays income taxes not only in the state where he lives but in every state where he plays. But, since he doesn't pay taxes twice on the same money, he'll file a non-resident return for all those states and claim a credit from each state, to reduce the amount he owes to the state where he lives. This so-called ďjock taxĒ has been around since the 1960s and has never been very popular with players.

https://www.jacksonhewitt.com/tax-he...y-state-taxes/

Saw on Twitter YANKEES promote Dillon Lawson to hitting coach?

He also came from Houston before he was with the Yanks

Lawson has been credited with alot of the improvement hitting throughout our MILB system. Sounds like they are promoting him because they want to keep his hitting practices consistent throughout the system. He preaches a "hit strikes hard" and it seems to have caught on. We had one of the better hitting yrs down on the farm in the last 20yrs. If he can do anything similar to what he;s done with the kid's, this is a very good hire IMO.

I don't think that he's going to be the only hitting coach hired though, i believe they are looking for atleast 1 more. They are planning on bringing in multiple pitching and hitting coaches, so a player can work with a coach he's comfortable with and not get forced into one philosophy

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    What was idiotic about his Jeter comments? In no way did Jeter come close to ever deserving a single of his 5 gold gloves.

How bout disrespectful and unnecessary? Is that better?

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post

My opinion, Jeter is very much loved by this fan base. Insulting the most loved Yankee in recent memory is exactly a great approach if you not only want to play for that same franchise, but also the same position. Especially when most of the fan base already dislikes Correa for being apart of the team that cheated us out of a WS appearance of 2.

I don't think you'll find anyone that will argue that Jeter was deserving of all 5 GG's, but saying that publicly wasn't exactly smart. He's looking for a monster contract and at least needs the Yanks involved in the bidding, especially now that so many other options have been signed, if he wants to come close.

He wasn't lying, but it wasn't the brightest thing to say.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    A player pays income taxes not only in the state where he lives but in every state where he plays. But, since he doesn't pay taxes twice on the same money, he'll file a non-resident return for all those states and claim a credit from each state, to reduce the amount he owes to the state where he lives. This so-called ďjock taxĒ has been around since the 1960s and has never been very popular with players.

https://www.jacksonhewitt.com/tax-he...y-state-taxes/
    TY, thats what i was trying poorly to say

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    My opinion, Jeter is very much loved by this fan base. Insulting the most loved Yankee in recent memory is exactly a great approach if you not only want to play for that same franchise, but also the same position. Especially when most of the fan base already dislikes Correa for being apart of the team that cheated us out of a WS appearance of 2.

I don't think you'll find anyone that will argue that Jeter was deserving of all 5 GG's, but saying that publicly wasn't exactly smart. He's looking for a monster contract and at least needs the Yanks involved in the bidding, especially now that so many other options have been signed, if he wants to come close.

He wasn't lying, but it wasn't the brightest thing to say.
    Honestly, Iím not sure what worse. That he said it, or that heís dumb enough to say it

Either way, I donít like it, or him

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Honestly, Iím not sure what worse. That he said it, or that heís dumb enough to say it

Either way, I donít like it, or him
    Good point. I was in his corner until that comment. Uncalled for and completely irresponsible. I guess the bottom line was / is he doesn't really care to play in NYC.

Yeah it wasn't the smartest move on his part, u really have to wonder what he was thinking. He has said publicly he wasn't going back to Houston and from what they offered him they really don't want him back. It's going to be interesting to see where he gets signed and for how much

While I was born a YANKEE (no choice my dad named me after the MICK) and itís the uniform we root for I would like to ďlikeĒthe players and the people In charge. Remember the 2017 the 1996 the 2009 teams? I really liked those players
    I donít like Hal Cash or Boone. I certainly donít like Sanchez and as far as Correa goes I donít even like the guys face! I want NO part of him, and especially length and dollars heíd command.
    If he wanted to be a YANKEE he would not have made that idiotic statement about Jeter.
    Say what you want about Giambi and his gold thong[emoji23] but he did want to be here. Believe me fellas I know money talks.
    Getting Correa would be like getting Pedro and that would have sickened me.

Keeping Sanchez with the idea of spinning him to a NL team as a DH when the CBA is agreed upon is a very good idea I agree with all of you,,, however would you be that surprised if heís our starting catcher next year and Gardner is also on the roster???

Gardy would provide that veteran leadership.

Iíd give him a 2 yr deal and then show him the door!
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night