Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 123 of 225 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 3370
    Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    It's hockey season so I will admit I did not watch 5 innings of post season play after our wild card game,however if there are a few things that I've always believed and were reinforced this post season here they are.

1. It is so hard to win the World Series. You look at the Dodgers,they had a very good pitching staff and what do they do this off season? They sign arguably the best FA pitcher on the market in Bauer. Then they trade for arguably the best available arm in Scherzer late summer,and they already had Kershaw. Now we all know pitching wins and this is almost an embarassment of riches but what happens? Bauer gets suspended,Kershaw gets hurt and Scherzer winds up with a tired arm. How much was their payroll? And what has been their payroll for the last eight plus years? How many World Series have they won for all the money they've spent? I'm not blaming them because stuff happens no matter how much you might think you've got it covered.But there are no guarantees.

2. You need to build and promote from within. The Asstros lost Verlander,Cole and Springer,and not only have they hardly skipped a beat they went to the world series again this year. Can you imagine if we had lost players of that magnitude( and I mean lost not injured) where we would have been ???
    How much was the braves payroll? I'm seeing 173,now I don't know that is dead on but I also think the only FA they spent money on was Charlie Morton for 15 Mill. And they won the WS

There is NO WAY I'm spending 30 million $'s on a shortstop when that is probably the position that we have the most depth in the minors. I never would have let Velazquez get away,but even without him I go with either Gio or Wade or maybe one of the SS's who won't cost 30 for 10 years until Perraza is ready.
    It's not my money and it doesn't affect my pocketbook at all but this I know. IF and I do mean IF a player becomes available who is making a lot of money but we can't fit that player in because we spent on a position that wasn't really needed,now we're screwed. Yes I know we need a shortstop but can we be patient?
    If the position was catcher and the players available were young smart ball players you'd have my ear because my hope would be 5 years behind the plate then 5 at DH. I've heard varying reports on Wells,but i've heard nothing but terrific things about Perazza and Volpe.
    I also think we really need to look at character guys. The best part of this year for me was when we brought up Flo and Allen,(although the sweep at fenway wasn't bad either). I like a young hungry athletic club. I think signing an outsider to a 30 Mill for 10 years at a position where we have depth is a mistake.

I'm very intrigued by the Stallings rumors. Because if I ever see Sanchez in PINSTRIPES again I might barf. I think he's lazy I think he has huge holes in his swing and I don't think he's a good catcher, I have other words for him but I don't want to get kicked off the forum. Do I think he could be a better ball player with a mgr who would push him to be the best he can be? Yes I do,but Cash just resigned a milk nurse to mange for the next 3 years so that tough love stuff isn't happening.

I'm a little bothered by the things I'm hearing about the Martian. He's bulking up and he has slowed down? Despite all the great things I've heard about him might this be a good time to look into seeing what the market is? What is this guys makeup? I know he's very young but is he a character guy?

Velazquez is the heart and soul of the yankees but sometimes you need to let go. I believe Gio can take over the position, but I also believe that with Cabrera, Peraza and Volpe that Velazquez served zero purpose. They need to get rid of Wade as well. With some much depth at the SS position it makes little sense to go after Seager or anyone else for 300 million.

The Astros are a cheating organization with questionable personel from top and bottom, but they also have amazing scouting and developmental people as well. They're going to lose Greinke this offseason and their rotation will probably be the better for it. Compared to the yankees, they are on an entirely different level as far as their starting pitching goes. It's amazing they can lose Verlander, Morton and Cole in the span of 2 years and still make it to the world series and alcs.
    They don't need to rely on broken pitchers season to season and by rely I don't mean just signing one of these guys to be another cog in the wheel but rather be a #1 or #2, so when everyone begins salivating over hitters like Seager and whomever I'm usually like, um...what about the pitching??

The yankee trainers are developing Dominguez into the the best body builder he can be. I wouldn't worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Velazquez is the heart and soul of the yankees but sometimes you need to let go. I believe Gio can take over the position, but I also believe that with Cabrera, Peraza and Volpe that Velazquez served zero purpose. They need to get rid of Wade as well. With some much depth at the SS position it makes little sense to go after Seager or anyone else for 300 million.

The Astros are a cheating organization with questionable personel from top and bottom, but they also have amazing scouting and developmental people as well. They're going to lose Greinke this offseason and their rotation will probably be the better for it. Compared to the yankees, they are on an entirely different level as far as their starting pitching goes. It's amazing they can lose Verlander, Morton and Cole in the span of 2 years and still make it to the world series and alcs.
    They don't need to rely on broken pitchers season to season and by rely I don't mean just signing one of these guys to be another cog in the wheel but rather be a #1 or #2, so when everyone begins salivating over hitters like Seager and whomever I'm usually like, um...what about the pitching??

The yankee trainers are developing Dominguez into the the best body builder he can be. I wouldn't worry.
    So you talk about the Yankees development not getting the job done yet you want to wait on prospects to fill a void rather than sign guys who are better now than the prospects will likely ever be?

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Reynolds or K Marte ?same asking price
    Reynolds

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    i would take option a.. the yankees main issue last year was the offense.
    correa has a higher upside then seager and is much better defensively at ss i said get a cf did not name any names rizzo is past it..olsen would hit 40 home runs in yankee stadium and i want robbie ray.. castillo was ordinary last year with a 4.00 e.r.a in the national league..we are almost on the same page but i prefer correa over seager..
    Do you see a bit of a disconnect? You want better offense and Seager is not only a lefty, high contact bat but a better hitter, period.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    So you talk about the Yankees development not getting the job done yet you want to wait on prospects to fill a void rather than sign guys who are better now than the prospects will likely ever be?
    When did I ever mention anything about yankee development not getting the job done in my previous post?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    K Marte, younger brother is 28. Starlin is 33.
    The post in question that one poster was comparing about Marte being 33 had clearly stated K Marte. But he didn't read

I assume you missed my follow up post. That's okay. I forgive you because obviously I didn't read either.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Do you see a bit of a disconnect? You want better offense and Seager is not only a lefty, high contact bat but a better hitter, period.
    we have not seen the best of correa offensively he has arod ability it is just a matter of time before he can put it all together.. plus he is much better then seager defensively..

why spend over 200 plus million for a soon to be third baseman in seager when you can have a great all around player at ss in correa?

i bet if you had a poll of gm who they would want at ss it will be correa and may be unanimous.. people have t get over this cheating scandal by the astros..and there hate of correa..

yankee fans hated clemens but when he was on our team loved him..

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Why spend over 200 million on a player who has played two full seasons in his career, who has chronic back issues in his mid 20s?

I don't care how good he is defensively, I wouldn't care if he manned up about the cheating and stopped acting like a ****ing doosch. The simple fact is, he hasn't shown an ability to stay healthy and at a younger age. Why commit so many years and payroll to such a player. Pass.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by OhSoSlick; 11-13-2021 at 12:54 PM.
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

we have not seen the best of correa offensively he has arod ability it is just a matter of time before he can put it all together.. plus he is much better then seager defensively..
    No he doesn't have Arod ability. That is ludicrous. It is imbecilic to make that comment

Arod blows Correa away. Crushes him.

First-
    How many times did Correa bat over 300 from ages 20-26. (7 seasons)?
    1 time and that was in... Yep. 2017. Hmm. Aside from that, he's never hit above 280
    Arod- did it 6 times. The time he didn't. 285, so still, in his worst season he had a better avg than Correa in. all his other years combined.

Your favorite stat-
    Hrs in the same time?
    Correa. 133 in that 7 year span

Arod? From ages 20-22 alone, 3 years, he hit 131.
    In the other 4? 190, so in total in the same time frame.

Arod hit 320 hr and Correa 130. Hmmm

Third
    Stolen bases?
    Correa has fewer stolen bases in that 7 season span than Arod did in one season.

Fourth-
    Doubles in that 7 season time span

Correa 162

Arod. 249

I could go on but I would have to believe you get the point. Correa is nowhere near ARod

Yeah. Those numbers are very similar....
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 11-13-2021 at 02:08 PM.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Why spend over 200 million on a player who has played two full seasons in his career, who has chronic back issues in his mid 20s?

I don't care how good he is defensively, I wouldn't care if he manned up about the cheating and stopped acting like a ****ing doosch. The simple fact is, he hasn't shown an ability to stay healthy and at a younger age. Why commit so many years and payroll to such a player. Pass.

Because he has Arod talent. He just hasn't found it yet. Oh wait, nope he's nowhere near Arod numbers

Or health
    Or overall ability

I don't get the idea of Correa either.

Ignorance is bliss

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Because he has Arod talent. He just hasn't found it yet. Oh wait, nope he's nowhere near Arod numbers

Or health
    Or overall ability

I don't get the idea of Correa either.
    Don't get me wrong. He is a very good player. But, he hasn't shown the ability to stay healthy and that was through his mid 20s.

Imagine 31? 32? 33? 34? 35?

I can see all the IL stints now.

He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

I think Seager is a better fit for this team. He's lefty, there's less baggage, he didn't badmouth Derek Jeter, he didn't cheat. He hits for high average which this team needs, and has a better OPS the past two seasons. Both he and Correa have had injury issues, so that is a wash. Correa is clearly the better defender, but Seager can move off the position when one of the Yankees super shortstop prospects are ready.

Correa is a ticking time bomb in terms of becoming a distraction. He has already made some big mistakes attitude wise and that was before he had a $200 million contract in hand. Imagine how he will behave when he knows the ink is dry on that contract? As of now he has a reason to be on his best behavior, as this will result in a better contract for him, and he has still been a douche. Imagine how he will behave when he no longer has that incentive.

Don't get me wrong, skillset wise it's close between Seager and Correa, with a slight advantage to Correa.

The fit is much better for Seager with the Yankees though, especially if he is cheaper.