Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 179 of 179 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179
Results 2,671 to 2,681 of 2681
    That dude putting out 7 different kinds of smoke..

Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    Nice intel Day!

Interesting if the Yanks feel they can get Correa for a discount of what heís asking. How would he fit in the club house ? How would that effect signing Judge?

I agree with the 1B plan but I think all of us in this forum agree.

Torres and Gio leaving vŪa trade should land a decent return.

I agree keeping the hard throwing lefty spec. Iím not a spec hoarder by any means but there are a few I want to see come upÖ..like next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thats my concern about signing Correa as well, i think it's a bad clubhouse fit and could cause Judge to want to leave, especially if they offer him a lower AAV. IMO they have to lock Judge up first. I have been told multiple times if the Yanks don't play this Judge contract out correctly the Angels and especially the Giants will make him a massive offer.

I do think everyone would settle for those 1st base options

Usually i am more of a spec horder than most, like everyone didn't know that, this off season i feel differently. We have so much starting pitching depth, with even more coming that i do think they should deal some of it for some of the players available. I think the absolutely only untouchable guy, unless its for Soto, should be Volpe. I'm not in a hurry for them to trade guys like Dominguez, Gil and others but if they could get a Reynolds and it cost Dominguez do it. Samething for K Marte, but i would probably have to think long and hard about trading Dominguez for him. J Ram get it done.

The 4 guys i really would like to see them hold on to are Volpe, Peraza, Waldichuk and Medina. I truly think Volpe and Peraza are going to be special on both sides of the ball and would add so much athletism, speed and defense that they should be kept. Volpe is likely to end up at 2nd or 3rd because he's naturally filling out and they expect that to continue, even though they aren't pushing him to lift heavy or bulk up.

Guys like Waldi, LHed with elite velo, good control and a solid feel for 5 pitches with at least 3 being plus pitches don't come along very often. His K numbers were extremely impressive and he was pretty dominate at times.

Medina has a very special arm, being able to sit 98-101 pretty deep into games and he's got an plus, plus CB and plus CU. He's also working on a SL and a sinker, if he gets a feel for a sinker that would be nasty. He's definitely higher risk than some of the others but the ceiling is so high that i think it's worth keeping him

Well see what they do but i have a feeling were going to see them make quite a few trades and thin our spec depth even more. If its for the right guys though, i'm completely ok with it. IMO with the prices of FA, trades are going to be our best option to get the upgrades we really need to make this team a true contender

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Awesome stuff Day. Thanks

It's funny, Correa at third is for some reason much more appealing than him at SS. Maybe because he will finally figure it out at third and live up to his Arod talent or maybe it's because it would show an aspect of humility and team oriented thought.

Olson is a great idea but I think the As will ask far, far more than he's worth. I wouldn't give up any top 5 aside from Schmidt.

I saw a rumor about Mullins. I really like him but he's only had one good year, so I wonder the asking price for him. Flo, Medina, Wesneski and Devi?

I have to give credit for the Sanchez signing after what you stated. I hadn't thought of that aspect. The same goes for Andujar. Yankees have two good hitters that may attract attention and could get some decent offerings. Especially in a trade for a pitcher.

Moving Gio will Mae compete sense if they sign someone to play either SS or third. I am torn on Torres. I would like to give him a year at second to see if he starts hitting. With that said, I don't like him as a player so I wouldn't have much issue if they moved him
    I had the same thought when he mentioned Correa at 3rd, hate that idea alot less because it would show he would be willing to make a compromise for the team and wouldn't necessarily have to be " the man" or center of attention on this team. If he was willing to make that move when necessary, it might make the clubhouse situation with Judge a little less possibly an issue

I really have no clue what the cost for Mullins would be but Schmidt, Devi and maybe Gomez or Way would probably be a very good start. I was only told that they would like young pitching back that will be ready when the rest of their young core is ready.

I hadn't thought of that for Sanchez either, but it makes perfect sense. If all he had to do is hit, i think we would see him be the hitter he was the first couple seasons. As long as they are willing and trying to move him, keeping him for that was a solid reason. I was thinking that since they passed on Stallings and them tendering him a contact that there was a strong chance he would be our C again and IMO that can't happen.

Assuming the NL adopts a DH there are going to be more than a few teams interested in Sanchez and Andujar for that role and should get a descent return. U could put a pretty good package together for a starter with those guys in it

I really like Gio as a player and his willingness to play anywhere or do anything to help our team win. That catch he made diving into the dugout full speed, with no regard for himself was pretty special. I would like to keep a player with the kind of team attitude but if they sign someone and could get a good return, i'd be ok with it.

I love Torres talent, hate the attitude. I would like to see him get a chance to bounce back, rebuild his value then move him next off season when Volpe is likely going to be ready. If they can get anything close to what they would have gotten for him last yr, i would rather see them move him instead of Peraza or Volpe for sure

I really donít want Correa. I donít like the fit at all, even taking the contract out of it

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    I really donít want Correa. I donít like the fit at all, even taking the contract out of it
    This^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I had the same thought when he mentioned Correa at 3rd, hate that idea alot less because it would show he would be willing to make a compromise for the team and wouldn't necessarily have to be " the man" or center of attention on this team. If he was willing to make that move when necessary, it might make the clubhouse situation with Judge a little less possibly an issue

I really have no clue what the cost for Mullins would be but Schmidt, Devi and maybe Gomez or Way would probably be a very good start. I was only told that they would like young pitching back that will be ready when the rest of their young core is ready.

I hadn't thought of that for Sanchez either, but it makes perfect sense. If all he had to do is hit, i think we would see him be the hitter he was the first couple seasons. As long as they are willing and trying to move him, keeping him for that was a solid reason. I was thinking that since they passed on Stallings and them tendering him a contact that there was a strong chance he would be our C again and IMO that can't happen.

Assuming the NL adopts a DH there are going to be more than a few teams interested in Sanchez and Andujar for that role and should get a descent return. U could put a pretty good package together for a starter with those guys in it

I really like Gio as a player and his willingness to play anywhere or do anything to help our team win. That catch he made diving into the dugout full speed, with no regard for himself was pretty special. I would like to keep a player with the kind of team attitude but if they sign someone and could get a good return, i'd be ok with it.

I love Torres talent, hate the attitude. I would like to see him get a chance to bounce back, rebuild his value then move him next off season when Volpe is likely going to be ready. If they can get anything close to what they would have gotten for him last yr, i would rather see them move him instead of Peraza or Volpe for sure
    gio defense slipped quite a bit last year don't care about his lack of offensive production i do not like anything about gleyber i see a guy who is lazy on defense and who swings by his heels every time at the plate.the juice ball is gone so he wont be hitting 38 or even 20 home runs a year..

yankees has 2 players who produced last year judge and stanton.. we need at least 2 extra big offensive stars in the lineup we have to many mediocre bats..

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    This^^^^^

I agree with you both.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    I agree with you both.
    I'm not a fan of the idea at all either, he's still cheated and that cost our team a chance a multiple WS appearances. Plus his only elite season offensively was the yr they knew what pitches were coming. What would Judge have done that yr if he knew what pitches were coming? not to mention Correa's best buddy stole Judges MVP

For me, it depends on how Judge and to a lesser extent Stanton feel about him? if it won't create a bad locker room situation and we can get him at the price the Yanks value him at their price... it seem like that might be the direction they may go . I'd much rather have Story on a short term but we'll see.

Would u guys rather IKF or Simmons as a stop gap for Peraza? I'd much rather see them go that route

I'm not a fan of the idea at all either, he's still cheated and that cost our team a chance a multiple WS appearances. Plus his only elite season offensively was the yr they knew what pitches were coming. What would Judge have done that yr if he knew what pitches were coming? not to mention Correa's best buddy stole Judges MVP

For me, it depends on how Judge and to a lesser extent Stanton feel about him? if it won't create a bad locker room situation and we can get him at the price the Yanks value him at their price... it seem like that might be the direction they may go . I'd much rather have Story on a short term but we'll see.

Would u guys rather IKF or Simmons as a stop gap for Peraza? I'd much rather see them go that route
    I said from the beginning, I didnít like a mega-deal for any of them. So Iím fine with alternative options

I agree that none of them are worth anything close to 300m but my biggest objection is giving any of them 10yrs plus. Thats too long for a player that isnt truly elite, none of them are MVP candidates even most yrs. IMO that 10yr plus 300m plus should be reserved for MVP caliber players. Harper is the last FA i thought was worth that kinda money and term

I would have been thrilled if we could have gotten Seager for 7-8 yrs

I'd do Simmons over IKF all day.