Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 226 of 277 FirstFirst ... 126176216224225226227228236276 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,390 of 4143
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Union and owners meeting again tomorrow.
    At least itís movement
    That is good news. Lets hope they get this thing knocked out and were watching pitcher and catchers report soon

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    When the lockout ends, we had better be ready to move, because 1) if Freeman leaves the Braves, he would prefer to go to the Dodgers and they might be willing to offer the 6 years that the Braves don't and 2) the Braves would be willing to trade for Olsen, who's from the greater Atlanta area and you know the A's will ask for less from the Braves than the Yankees. Perhaps, we should make a quick offer for either or both of them and immediately pivot to signing Rizzo. For instance offer Freeman 6 years and $180 million or put our best trade offer that doesn't include our top 3 prospects on the table with the A's and give them 48 hours for a response, before we pivot.
    I don't think the A's would ask for less from the Braves. They'll take the best offer they can get (though they may avoid trading him to a division rival).

Wow the players completely dropped their ask for age based FA, so it sounds like teams will still have 6yrs of control. Thats a big concession by the players, maybe they do get the season started on time

Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    I haven't seen convincing evidence that getting Olson would require trading Peraza. It's all rumors. If Peraza must be included, I would imagine the rest of the prospect load would be on the lighter side.

If we ever find out, I guess we can analyze the trade st thatbpoint. In the meantime, safe to say Rizzo is the 3rd best option unless Olson's cost truly turns out to be prohibitive.
    Or by adding Peraza, we'd also get a SP back in return.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFanAlways View Post
    Or by adding Peraza, we'd also get a SP back in return.
    I think Peraza only gets Olsen. Realistically Peraza and 1 of our better pitching specs is fair for Olsen considering his age, talent, defensive ability i just don't think i would give up Peraza, but that i strictly my opinion.

To get one of their pitchers i think it cost Gil plus to the package, especially if we want Montas who has 2yrs of control left

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I get it. I understand he's an injury risk and that clubhouse chemistry can be an issue. Not to mention his financial demands. I have to believe Story is on the table then. He can be a stop gap to one of those younger guys and you can move him to 3rd base in a couple of seasons. I have to believe the Yankees do more than the rumored Andrelton Simmons.

I like Olson but it seems like the A's are going to ask a king's ransom for the guy. Got to hope they are just dumping payroll which is definitely on the table. Not sure they're going to be in Oakland much longer anyways.
    The rumor is the A's are trying to get their payroll under 45M to save money for an eventual move to Vegas, at least thats what they re hoping.

I think what they would like to do is load up on as much talent as they can get their hands on, so that after they move they will be on the verge of competing again. What i've been told they are pretty much looking to move anything of any significant value and who ever give's them the best offers are going to get their players.

I do wonder if they might prefer a bigger package of talent that is a little further away. If the take Peraza and Gil they go onto their 40 man roster and will start their clock. If they take younger kids, it would give them more time to put together a group that could be ready to compete when they move

Quote Originally Posted by RJYANKS12 View Post
    Iíd rather pay Freeman for 5-6 years than Correa for 10, and itís not close
    1000%

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by RJYANKS12 View Post
    Iíd rather pay Freeman for 5-6 years than Correa for 10, and itís not close
    I fully agree.

Ignorance is bliss

The Rays are shopping Glasnow because they are already past an 85M payroll and that higher than they have ever been. Glasnow is out most or all of this season, so it would be a trade for 23. He's expected to make less than 6M each of the next 2yrs. What would we be willing to give up a legit co ace for the 23 season or would we not be interested?

Healthy, he's a top 5-10 pitcher. Having 2 of those types would be very nice. While it would be interesting, i would rather see them make a trade for someone that could contribute this yr, before everyone becomes a FA next yr

Possible solutions at SS from this author http://www.sportskibble.com/the-yank...tstop-dilemma/

https://www.mlb.com/news/yankees-198...most-in-denver

Crazy story. George wanted the Yankees to effectively be a traveling act, that took multiple cities as their home field. Denver and NO were the first ones on the list.

The reason it didn't happen is wild. The argument about the Yankee pinstripes being a part of NYC is a really smart one.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Possible solutions at SS from this author http://www.sportskibble.com/the-yank...tstop-dilemma/
    Thanks for posting.
    The writer gives a suggestion and then basically says why it wouldn't be good. I appreciate that. Shows what people say and why it would be good or bad.
    (The writer mis-numbered his list. There are two #3s. )

I will add onto what they wrote.

1-Chapman- Why move a GG 3b to SS? Why add another high power, low contact, righty bat?
    Not much to add aside from the "get more athletic" comment and he doesn't fit that bill

2-Falefa- Low defensive metrics and only a slight upgrade over Torres. Why trade for that?
    Give up more specs for a guy who may or not be better than Gio?

3-Other trades- Hoerner- No bat, no wheels, another righty, who Chicago would be smart to hold? Or Rosario who was bad defensively? Nicky Lopez? The most interesting but with his offensive uncertainty and a guy on the roster already who projects to hit what he is projected to hit, why?
    Machado??? Wait, "with the hope he opts out after the second year". Lol.

Lopez is the only guy on that list that is interesting. If he's legit, he could be a really nice player. Young, can run, good D, lefty contact bat and a decent eye but isn't that what Cabrera is supposed to be?
    If you could get Lopez for a trade with some mid level guys? Sure.Might be a solid move.
    The suggestion of Machado alone, is ludicrous. Add to that the "hope he opts out after 2 years" is laughable. So a 31 year old with a 30 mil contract over the next 6 years, is going to opt out? Maybe...
    More likely not.

4- Peraza or Cabrera- They are unknowns.
    The Yankees are the Yankees and unknowns are hard to comprehend.

Rolling with them will require patience, trust and watching bad growing pains

5-Other signings, writer lists a bunch of guys who would actually make the roster worse.

The list presented, make the Yankees worse.

They may sign Correa or Story. Who knows but with the options presented above, honestly, aside from Lopez for a very reasonable deal, go with what you have. Nothing suggested improves the team remotely enough to make the investment.
    Gio showed he is solid at the spot. Cabrera can play the spot. Perzaza is ready defensively but if he needs a season or half season in AAA? Go with the above guys.

Ignorance is bliss

The Rays are shopping Glasnow because they are already past an 85M payroll and that higher than they have ever been. Glasnow is out most or all of this season, so it would be a trade for 23. He's expected to make less than 6M each of the next 2yrs. What would we be willing to give up a legit co ace for the 23 season or would we not be interested?

Healthy, he's a top 5-10 pitcher. Having 2 of those types would be very nice. While it would be interesting, i would rather see them make a trade for someone that could contribute this yr, before everyone becomes a FA next yr
    Depending on the ask? It's like a long term investment. If they wanted high level specs? No. Mid level and a guy like Schmidt/King? Ok

Ignorance is bliss

Why move Chapman off a GG position? Best to leave him at 3B and move Gio to SS. Leave Torres at 2B, move DJ to 1B, (my least favored position for him). No need to spend big on Olson, downside you add another RHed bat and lose out on Olson's LHed in the middle of the lineup.

I know some have speculated moving DJ to 3B in the event they land Olson, imo why play him THAT out of position, he isn't getting any younger and imo as he ages he is better suited for 1B than the hot corner.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Why move Chapman off a GG position? Best to leave him at 3B and move Gio to SS. Leave Torres at 2B, move DJ to 1B, (my least favored position for him). No need to spend big on Olson, downside you add another RHed bat and lose out on Olson's LHed in the middle of the lineup.

I know some have speculated moving DJ to 3B in the event they land Olson, imo why play him THAT out of position, he isn't getting any younger and imo as he ages he is better suited for 1B than the hot corner.
    Doc, I am really curious to see what goes down. I genuinely think DJ will age very, very well at first. I could see similar to Paul Molitor numbers and a very good glove. They have him signed long term. Is DJ the best option at first? He very well could be.
    The biggest issue is that they want a lefty there. That brings in the question of Torres. If you moved Torres and got a lefty bat to play second, (ahem, Marte or the like?) that could be a legit fix.
    As much as I think Torres could have a bounce back year, he kind of seems like the odd man out the we discuss the potential of specs. Volpe may likely be at 2b. Hell, Preaza may be there if Arias develops as fast as expected.
    I think Torres is a really good guy to put out there. Tremendous upside and a long time of control. At least now he has that upside. If he has a bad year? He will have very little value. I can't help but think of the accusations against him in his best year. Maybe he was getting signals? Who knows. Is it just coincidence that his best year, like Correa's came in years they were both accused of using electronic assistance?

Honestly, the entire infield is up for grabs. We talk about SS but Torres wasn't a great 2b. Good, not great. IF I am the Cashman, (well we all know the Yankees would have won another 5 WS but...)
    I am entertaining any offer for any IF position that doesn't require too high a price in salary or specs.
    The IF is actually all stop gaps right now.

DJ is signed for longer than any IF player on the team. He's not going anywhere. If you give him first and build the rest of the IF around that, I don't think it would be a bad thing.

Ignorance is bliss