Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Cowboys to Release Jaylon Smith - Signs with GB

Per Adam Shefter on Twitter

He's not great, but the Eagles would do well to sign him

Thought Cowboys fans said he was back to playing at an all-pro level this year?

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    You definitely didnít hear that from me. The best Iíve said about him this year is that he didnít suck. Heís been far from good and heís slow. Considering heís the highest paid LB on the team and the least productive Iím not shocked they cut him. I am kind of surprised that they did it now though.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    I don't think anybody has said that lol. The most praise he has gotten in this forum is something like "Smith didn't look as bad today"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    You definitely didnít hear that from me. The best Iíve said about him this year is that he didnít suck. Heís been far from good and heís slow. Considering heís the highest paid LB on the team and the least productive Iím not shocked they cut him. I am kind of surprised that they did it now though.
    Yeah it's the timing I think that's odd. But maybe Cox is looking good and needs to field time

Starting with next yearís draft we will see the Cowboys move to smaller quicker LBís (think Bobby Wagner) compared to Jaylon and LVE. This is LVEís last year and they will allow him to walk and just get the 3rd round comp pick for him.

Starting with next yearís draft we will see the Cowboys move to smaller quicker LBís (think Bobby Wagner) compared to Jaylon and LVE. This is LVEís last year and they will allow him to walk and just get the 3rd round comp pick for him.
    I hope they keep LVE gotta stop the run still

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    I hope they keep LVE gotta stop the run still
    I think when they declined his 5th year option they decided to move on from him. Iím not saying itís 100% that heís gone but he would have to stay healthy all season and have a great year statistically for him to be back. So far heís on the right track but he has a long way to go in my opinion.

I think when they declined his 5th year option they decided to move on from him. Iím not saying itís 100% that heís gone but he would have to stay healthy all season and have a great year statistically for him to be back. So far heís on the right track but he has a long way to go in my opinion.
    Yeah we will have to see. Depends on a contract he would sign

That was a lot of money for him to pay to switch numbers for 4 games. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Yeah we will have to see. Depends on a contract he would sign
    Most of the NFL seems to view LBís the same way they do RBís. Itís become a position you donít give big money too because they have a short shelf life. If he stays healthy, plays great, and is willing to take a low ball contract then I think he comes back. If not then the Cowboys will just take the 3rd-5th round comp pick and draft another LB that is smaller and faster.

Somewhat a surprised but not really lol

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast