Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 34 of 154 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyCantWeWin View Post
    12 yr 350 mill is my guess on Correa.
    Think there's a zero chance we land him given what Hoyer is saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
    That seems high. Easy pass if it's anywhere near the asking. Years maybe too much.
    It does seem a bit high. However it wouldnít shock me if it was close. At least in yearly average. Maybe only 10 years. I am ok with passing as well. But fans canít be fine with the Cubs passing when numbers get to that level and then complain they donít go all in for the big guys. Canít play both ends. Hell, I read Cubs have a good **** at Javy, but the total cost might be $160M. Is that a pass too?

2021-22 Cubs Off-season FA & Trade Thread

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    It does seem a bit high. However it wouldnít shock me if it was close. At least in yearly average. Maybe only 10 years. I am ok with passing as well. But fans canít be fine with the Cubs passing when numbers get to that level and then complain they donít go all in for the big guys. Canít play both ends. Hell, I read Cubs have a good **** at Javy, but the total cost might be $160M. Is that a pass too?
    Javy at $160 is a hard pass from me.

Iíd be pretty shocked if Correa or Seager got the kind of money being mentioned in here.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyCantWeWin View Post
    12 yr 350 mill is my guess on Correa.
    Think there's a zero chance we land him given what Hoyer is saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
    That seems high. Easy pass if it's anywhere near the asking. Years maybe too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Javy at $160 is a hard pass from me.

Iíd be pretty shocked if Correa or Seager got the kind of money being mentioned in here.
    I am not sure about those numbers either, but I wouldnít be shocked. Maybe 8/$215M or $220M for either Correa or Seager. As for Baez, I wouldnít pay that either.

Iíll take Correa at any cost. Donít give a **** just get him. We need top tier talent and he is the the top.

Quote Originally Posted by cuzi View Post
    If the market is saying Corey Seager and Carlos Correa are commanding 10-12 year deals, I would be fine with the Cubs walking away from that. Those guys are the cream of the crop this year, but there's a red flag waving when you are talking that many years. Look at Lindor, same age and he got 10 years, here's the kicker... Lindor had as many seasons with 600+ PA's as Seager and Correa COMBINED. Same goes for Machado. Mookie Betts bested them by 1 year. If it's going to take a 10-12 year deal to get them to sign with only 2 full seasons to their name, Trevor Story come on down.
    I think it will be more like Freddy Galvis come on down .

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    I think it will be more like Freddy Galvis come on down .

If they dont get a short stop it will be Nico Hoerner next man up with someone like Jose Iglesias backing up. Cubs will try to sell you on Iglesias' Red Sox numbers as some kind of "he's still got it" while ignoring the obvious Daniel Descalso sized elephant in the room that tells you his -21 DRS last year says hes not a SS anymore and his life long terrible bat says he's not a hitter.
    Last edited by cuzi; 10-27-2021 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    Iíll take Correa at any cost. Donít give a **** just get him. We need top tier talent and he is the the top.
    Honestly, I would to. If the Cubs are not a big enough market that generates large enough revenues then who is? Yankees and Dodgers canít get all the players. IMO the Cubs need to act like a large market and spend money. Why not start with Correa?

I was checking future FA classes and there isnít a single elite hitter reaching FA at under 30 until 2024 ( Devers ). Not signing a top tier FA under 30 like Correa / Seager would be hard to understand .

Hopefully the new CBA eliminates the QO compensation . Maybe Hoyer changes his plans if that happens .

Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    I was checking future FA classes and there isnít a single elite hitter reaching FA at under 30 until 2024 ( Devers ). Not signing a top tier FA under 30 like Correa / Seager would be hard to understand .

Hopefully the new CBA eliminates the QO compensation . Maybe Hoyer changes his plans if that happens .

I donít feel losing a pick for Correa or Seager should matter. I think the fringe guys who get the QO are a harder sign. And if a guy has a QO I see no value in a 1 year prove it deal. I think for Correa, Seager and maybe Story the QO shouldnít matter.

I donít feel losing a pick for Correa or Seager should matter. I think the fringe guys who get the QO are a harder sign. And if a guy has a QO I see no value in a 1 year prove it deal. I think for Correa, Seager and maybe Story the QO shouldnít matter.
    I agree with you . Not sure Jed agrees with us.

And what do you think Correa will cost? I am not meaning to single you out, but it seems so many posters want the Cubs to sign free agents and compete, but they want them for pennies on the dollar. I am not saying Seager will get, or should get $300M, but the big time free agents are going to get paid. So fans either have to realize the Cubs will have to give long term contracts and maybe overpay at the end of the guys contract or be satisfied with 2nd and 3rd tier players.
    Sorry. I didnt clarify. I would give Correa a contract like that easily. I prefer him. Seager no.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Honestly, I would to. If the Cubs are not a big enough market that generates large enough revenues then who is? Yankees and Dodgers canít get all the players. IMO the Cubs need to act like a large market and spend money. Why not start with Correa?
    I wouldnít give Correa 12 years at about 30 per year unless the Ricketts plan to start spending like I want them to spend, and thatís not happening.

I want the Cubs to spend a ton of money, but I wonít blame them for avoiding a 12 year deal for Correa.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    I wouldnít give Correa 12 years at about 30 per year unless the Ricketts plan to start spending like I want them to spend, and thatís not happening.

I want the Cubs to spend a ton of money, but I wonít blame them for avoiding a 12 year deal for Correa.
    I know what I would want isnít going to happen. Because I agree with you that the only way they should spend like that is if they are going to be that team that doesnít worry about payroll and is ALWAYS a top 3 spending team in the league. And we know by how they have been run since Ricketts took over, that isnít happening. They might spend top end a few years but they will cut back and cry broke just as often, if not more. Kind of sucks to have the ability to spend and that be your one advantage, and not always take advantage of it.

Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    Sorry. I didnt clarify. I would give Correa a contract like that easily. I prefer him. Seager no.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    Ok, maybe we can set up a Go fund me account to help Cubs afford Correa. How many thousands of dollars should we put you down for?

Quote Originally Posted by cuzi View Post
    If the market is saying Corey Seager and Carlos Correa are commanding 10-12 year deals, I would be fine with the Cubs walking away from that. Those guys are the cream of the crop this year, but there's a red flag waving when you are talking that many years. Look at Lindor, same age and he got 10 years, here's the kicker... Lindor had as many seasons with 600+ PA's as Seager and Correa COMBINED. Same goes for Machado. Mookie Betts bested them by 1 year. If it's going to take a 10-12 year deal to get them to sign with only 2 full seasons to their name, Trevor Story come on down.
    The only way i'd ever even consider being ok with signing a player for 10 or 12 years is if he's a star position player and he's like 21 years old. Otherwise it's nuts. Extreme risk on the side of the team.