Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    This team still blows.
    X2. The Brown/Tatum era is effectively over IMO. The ending will be precipitous but the end officially began on Friday 01/14 after Philly loss.

Following 01/12 Indy win (3 game streak) Brown made some contrived comment that the Celtics are 'not satisfied'. And then he came out next game with 5 TOV's and the C's got smoked by Sixers. It's how quickly they revert back to bad habits, go from high to low, that make me think it's over.

Brown and Tatum are saying the right things. But they'll keep losing, those words will mean less and less, divisions in locker room will deepen, and both will be asking for trades by summer 2023.

The only thing that can salvage this team IMO is a Finals appearance. But neither JB/JT are ready and they lack the depth.

Frankly, I would consider blowing it up.
    Last edited by elements1985; 01-16-2022 at 11:02 AM.

Been busy and just because they’re went on this nonexistent Winning streak doesn’t mean they still suck which they do.
    Hey he's/she's back.

We missed you BSF102.

I told the guys to end their 3 game win streak becuz we couldn't hear from you.

Now that the LAKER FAN Troll has returned we can now start another winning streak again. Ask the Chicago Bulls last night. 😁
    Last edited by esb; 01-16-2022 at 01:59 PM.

This team still blows.
    "This team still blows other teams out the gym, their AWESOME."

This is what BSF102 meant to say. 😁

LOL finally we acquire Bol Bol after a few years. That was one of my main targets a couple of drafts ago. Betting on his recovery from foot surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiG View Post
    LOL finally we acquire Bol Bol after a few years. That was one of my main targets a couple of drafts ago. Betting on his recovery from foot surgery.
    I would hold onto him and see what he does next season.

A TACKO super upgrade. 😁

Quote Originally Posted by AntiG View Post
    IMO, this is first step in bigger trade.

Schroder is on a ridiculous deal
    To get back fair value for DS they need fillers
    Juancho makes more than DS (7.5M next season)
    Thus package Schroder with expirings so next team can use free cap to re-sign

This team is hot garbage and not enjoyable to watch. Either have to blow it up this off-season or make a push for Sabonis at deadline.

Brown and Tatum aren't the guys IMO - simply the best choices the C's had.

Alright blow it up time, 2 trades (yes, I'm just playing around - what else is there to do this team sucks balls):

Deal 1:
    Indy:
    Sends: Sabonis, Myles Turner
    Receives: John Collins, Marcus Smart

Lakers:
    Send: Anthony Davis, Horton Tucker
    Receives: Tatum, Myles Turner

Boston:
    Sends: Tatum, Smart
    Receives: Sabonis, Expirings x 2 @ 14.3M (Delon Wright, Knox II)

Atlanta:
    Sends: John Collins, Delon Wright, Knox II
    Receives: Anthony Davis, Horton Tucker

Deal 2

Spurs:
    Send: Murray, Walker IV, T. Young
    Receives: Grant Williams, Jaylen Brown

Celtics:
    Send: Jaylen Brown, Grant Williams, Josh Richardson
    Receives: Murray, Expirings x 3 @ 31.6M (T. Young, Joe Ingles, Walker IV)

Utah
    Sends: Joe Ingles
    Receives: Josh Richardson

Celtics get 45.9M is free cap space this summer, plus new lineup in the interim:

1. Murray
    2. Nesmith
    3. Langford
    4. Sabonis
    5. R. Williams

Crazy to trade Tatum. Brown I can see for the right deal….those deals are kinda meh but do agree we need to make a major change

Quote Originally Posted by CELTICS4LYFE View Post
    Crazy to trade Tatum. Brown I can see for the right deal….those deals are kinda meh but do agree we need to make a major change
    You have to detonate it IMO.

1. Can't get a transformative #1 without dealing Brown or Tatum (I'm not even sure one is out there)
    2. Keep JB/JT and any acquisition arrives to accomodate the existing hierarchy. Which means:
    3. They'll continue to lose and be dysfunctional
    4. Worst case scenario: JB/JT will be looking to exit in summer 2023 AND their value will likely plummet around the league

This was all for fun, but Sabonis and Murrary are top of NBA in VORP. Plus you have 49M this summer to spend on maybe Beal.

Ball movement, energy and team character would be excellent. Shooting would still be a problem tho. I'd rather watch that than these stiffs.

Tatum honks are gloating the 51 point performance. Congrats, it was a great game.

But league leader in field goals + 75th-100th across NBA in eFG%, FG%, TS% = .500 record on average. It's about averages not highs (or even lows).

C's have 1-2 guys who want to play like it's D'Antoni's system, a coach/GM who wants Pop's. Am I the only seeing that this is a problem?

Either tailor the system to JB/JT if they're the guys; or shakeup the roster to get better system players. We're stuck in between and it's not working. Yet both coach and players are dug in.

Trade PERFECTION!!!!!!!

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7orlk5u

Bos: Love, Brunson, Rondo

Cle: Schroder, Richardson, Powell

Dal: Smart & (2nd rnd pick(s) if needed)

Celtics LineUp:

Brunson/Pritchard/Rondo
    Brown/Langford/Thomas
    Tatum/Nesmith/Hauser
    Love/GWill/Fernando
    RWill/Horford/Freedom

Celtics can also use their TPE to get another decent bench help.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456