Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 79
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    15,587
    Well our wishes were granted, and I think we were proven right about Dipo's effectiveness. I'm not gonna delude myself into thinking that he will get consistent minutes in the PO rotation, but his impact last night was apparent on the defensive end. His ability to break down a defense outside of Jimmy was another plus.

    We didn't even shoot well (40% overall), but we won by 20+ because our defense was tight & we only had single digit turnovers....and the latter was without Lowry. Need to close this **** out on Tuesday. Let's get it!

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    15,587
    Gritty close out win by our guys. Without Butler/Lowry, Oladipo really stepped it up and the defense was on point....despite DeAndre Hunter killing us all game.

    Gonna need Herro/Bam to be ALOT better next round and beyond as well getting Butler/Lowry back healthy.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,774
    Quote Originally Posted by SteBO View Post
    Gritty close out win by our guys. Without Butler/Lowry, Oladipo really stepped it up and the defense was on point....despite DeAndre Hunter killing us all game.

    Gonna need Herro/Bam to be ALOT better next round and beyond as well getting Butler/Lowry back healthy.
    It's going to be really interesting to see our rotations next round when Lowry/Butler come back, will Vic be fazed out? Whose minutes is he taking?

    Cause it looks like Dedmon and Duncan are out of the rotation but Dedmon could play more if we play the Sixers....Although, if PJ plays at the 5 more then Vic no doubt should get his playing time

    I guess game 1 of the second round will begin next monday so that's almost a week off for our guys...get 'em healthy and hopefully Sixers/Raptors goes to a game seven lol

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    18,453
    Quote Originally Posted by All-In View Post
    It's going to be really interesting to see our rotations next round when Lowry/Butler come back, will Vic be fazed out? Whose minutes is he taking?

    Cause it looks like Dedmon and Duncan are out of the rotation but Dedmon could play more if we play the Sixers....Although, if PJ plays at the 5 more then Vic no doubt should get his playing time

    I guess game 1 of the second round will begin next monday so that's almost a week off for our guys...get 'em healthy and hopefully Sixers/Raptors goes to a game seven lol
    Sixers it is.

    Dedmon will probably have to get play time. Can't see Miami going small against Embiid. Robinson gets exposed vs Harden, Harris, or Maxey, so I don't think he plays unless our offense needs spacing.

    Jimmy is going to have to continue to put up big buckets and hope Lowry is healthy to keep that pace up and the ball movement flowing.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    379
    76ers All-NBA star Joel Embiid suffered a right orbital fracture and mild concussion in series-clinching Game 6 win last night in Toronto. He will be listed as out and there is no timetable for his return.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,557

    Joel Embiid Knew His Face Was Broken After Pascal Siakam Elbow - Doctor Explains








    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    15,587
    Well now our prime focus defensively becomes limiting Harden and not allowing Maxey to play down hill. Really bummed about Embiid....was very much looking forward to seeing how we approach a team like the Sixers at full strength.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,774
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Sixers it is.

    Dedmon will probably have to get play time. Can't see Miami going small against Embiid. Robinson gets exposed vs Harden, Harris, or Maxey, so I don't think he plays unless our offense needs spacing.

    Jimmy is going to have to continue to put up big buckets and hope Lowry is healthy to keep that pace up and the ball movement flowing.
    Now that Embiid is out...PJ at the 5 vs Deandre Jordan? Yes please lol

    I wonder if they start Paul Reed or they go small and play Tobias Harris and Georges Niang as their frontcourt...I also wonder how Embiid coming back mid-series would effect the rhythm of our offense and set rotations

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,774
    Quote Originally Posted by SteBO View Post
    Well now our prime focus defensively becomes limiting Harden and not allowing Maxey to play down hill. Really bummed about Embiid....was very much looking forward to seeing how we approach a team like the Sixers at full strength.
    Yeah, I really wanted to play the Sixers at full strength too....now if we win the narrative will be like "Well, Embiid was out, so obviously you won, easy road to the ECF".....but if we lose: "You lost to the Sixers without Embiid!? HAHAHAHAHA, Jimmy is a bum!"

    I was really excited to see what style of defensive pick-and-roll coverage Spo was going to use and how our perimeter defenders could muddle up the Sixers offense.....maybe Embiid comes back mid-series, who knows

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    15,587
    Quote Originally Posted by All-In View Post
    Yeah, I really wanted to play the Sixers at full strength too....now if we win the narrative will be like "Well, Embiid was out, so obviously you won, easy road to the ECF".....but if we lose: "You lost to the Sixers without Embiid!? HAHAHAHAHA, Jimmy is a bum!"

    I was really excited to see what style of defensive pick-and-roll coverage Spo was going to use and how our perimeter defenders could muddle up the Sixers offense.....maybe Embiid comes back mid-series, who knows
    Looks like chances are he'll be back by Game 3 the earliest. Amusing to see the talk today being all about Harden's play and nothing about Miami's defense. Sixers shot very poorly from 3 (6-34)....they likely won't shoot that badly from 3 again with or w/o Joel but we also could shoot MUCH better from 3 (shot 25% 9/36). Only Tyler had rolling from out there (4/6). Strus was 1/7.

    On top of Herro having his best game of playoffs so far, Bam had 24 & 12 on 8/10 shooting and PJ/Gabe gave us a good spark in the third to jump start us again after a pretty awful reaction in the 2Q to the zone defense. Lots of room for improvement on our part, but all in all a good win. Means nothing without taking Game 2 though. Concerned about Jimmy's health.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,774
    Quote Originally Posted by SteBO View Post
    Looks like chances are he'll be back by Game 3 the earliest. Amusing to see the talk today being all about Harden's play and nothing about Miami's defense. Sixers shot very poorly from 3 (6-34)....they likely won't shoot that badly from 3 again with or w/o Joel but we also could shoot MUCH better from 3 (shot 25% 9/36). Only Tyler had rolling from out there (4/6). Strus was 1/7.

    On top of Herro having his best game of playoffs so far, Bam had 24 & 12 on 8/10 shooting and PJ/Gabe gave us a good spark in the third to jump start us again after a pretty awful reaction in the 2Q to the zone defense. Lots of room for improvement on our part, but all in all a good win. Means nothing without taking Game 2 though. Concerned about Jimmy's health.
    Yeah, I didn't think we even played that great and yet we were up 20 with 5 min left in the game

    Remember last year complaining about our guard defenders? We had Duncan, Herro, Nunn, Dragic and they just couldn't defend point-of-attack.....now we have Lowry (when healthy), Gabe, Vic, Caleb and even Strus is playing better defense of late, add that to our switchable bigs (PJ/Bam) and all of a sudden guards can't initiate actions and offenses stall out........god what a year makes lol

    I'm also glad to see Bam and Herro become our offensive engines in game 1, by far Herro's best game of the playoffs for sure, that's very encouraging especially if Jimmy's knee is truly a concern

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    15,587
    ^And now Lowry ruled out for Game 2. I know Spo says that wins/losses aren't gonna determine how soon he gets back, but I think he's stretching it a bit lol. All the more reason to take care of business tonight. Not need to make things tougher on ourselves with Embiid's return looming.

    EDIT: Originally thought we had two days off in between Games 2 & 3. Guess we ain't dope enough for that.
    Last edited by SteBO; 05-04-2022 at 09:02 AM.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    18,453
    That sucks about Lowry. He will surely be rusty if/when he comes back.

    Hope that Bam has another big game. He has to dominate whether it's Jordan, Reed, Niang, none of those guys can guard him or keep him off the glass if he is looking to attack and rolling hard to the basket.

    Let's go HEAT!

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,557
    Miami HEAT back in the ECF!

    Great for this organization.
    Last edited by Dade County; 05-12-2022 at 11:26 PM.







    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    18,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    Miami HEAT back in the ECF!

    Great for this organization.
    Let's go!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •