0 0%
  • Astros in 3

0 0%
  • Astros in 4

1 33.33%
  • Astros in 5

0 0%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    I think we need 1 Ace. Cease is gonna take a step, and even if itís not massive, heís still an above average 4 and a really good 5 starter. If Kopech moves to SP, thatís 1 less spot we need. Gio and Lynn as our 2 and 3 is really good. You go out and try to get Scherzer IMO. Or to add a lefty you go for A guy like Ray, although I donít love the idea of overpaying for 1 great year. We also donít know if Crochet will be switched to starter. If Kopech and Crochet are moved to the rotation, we have to address the BP.

Speaking of Kopech, he better grow a pair and fast. I hate his attitude. I hate his body language. He seems soft to me. Mentally/emotionally weak, in a sport where mental is half the battle. I think Crochet showed more rocks this series and most of the season. Pretty sad when a guy like Kopech gets outshined by a guy that never stepped foot in a minor league game.

2B we can definitely add a guy. Iím over Cesar. Taking 3 straight strikes in a big momentÖFY dude!

Catcher. We need an elite defender. The Astros Catcher showed more value this series while getting 1 freaking hit. We gave up stolen bases left and right. Again, Kopech didnít have the mental fortitude to understand holding a running on 1st in a huge moment in the game. Grandal couldnít even gun down bum knee Brantley.

Eloy needs to use this off-season to find his stroke. He looked overpowered at times, and he just wasnít hitting for the power you need from a guy known for power.

Letís see what steps Vaughn and Sheets take. Maybe 1 can be used in a trade to upgrade our RF position.
    We know our holes, we know our strengths, we arenít far off at all. We need to grow as a team fundamentally. We are still pretty young.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    I think we need 1 Ace. Cease is gonna take a step, and even if itís not massive, heís still an above average 4 and a really good 5 starter. If Kopech moves to SP, thatís 1 less spot we need. Gio and Lynn as our 2 and 3 is really good. You go out and try to get Scherzer IMO. Or to add a lefty you go for A guy like Ray, although I donít love the idea of overpaying for 1 great year. We also donít know if Crochet will be switched to starter. If Kopech and Crochet are moved to the rotation, we have to address the BP.

Speaking of Kopech, he better grow a pair and fast. I hate his attitude. I hate his body language. He seems soft to me. Mentally/emotionally weak, in a sport where mental is half the battle. I think Crochet showed more rocks this series and most of the season. Pretty sad when a guy like Kopech gets outshined by a guy that never stepped foot in a minor league game.

2B we can definitely add a guy. Iím over Cesar. Taking 3 straight strikes in a big momentÖFY dude!

Catcher. We need an elite defender. The Astros Catcher showed more value this series while getting 1 freaking hit. We gave up stolen bases left and right. Again, Kopech didnít have the mental fortitude to understand holding a running on 1st in a huge moment in the game. Grandal couldnít even gun down bum knee Brantley.

Eloy needs to use this off-season to find his stroke. He looked overpowered at times, and he just wasnít hitting for the power you need from a guy known for power.

Letís see what steps Vaughn and Sheets take. Maybe 1 can be used in a trade to upgrade our RF position.
    We know our holes, we know our strengths, we arenít far off at all. We need to grow as a team fundamentally. We are still pretty young.
    Can't ask for big market respect if you act like a small market team.

Sox have no reason in a capless league to have a non top 5 payroll .

If the Sox sit there and depend on progression of the current players only and do not spend big on pitching and RF... they deserve to fall short year in year out.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Sign a RF (all star quality, not just a guy), DH Eloy.
    The Sox are not going to DH Eloy. That would open up another hole in the outfield and diminish the usefulness of Vaughn and Sheets who are 1B/DH platoon players.

I think Sheets beat out Vaughn for DH. Vaughn is a step-in-the-bucket line drive hitter who is slow afoot.
    Sheets isn't much faster but his upper-cut swing produces more home runs. Also, Sheets appears to have more plate coverage because of his long arms and sweeping swing.
    Maybe Vaughn can become a valuable trade piece to a team that needs a first baseman.

Folks, let's be careful with how Kopech is categorized. He has a mental illness. No different than someone with diabetes or another disease.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Folks, let's be careful with how Kopech is categorized. He has a mental illness. No different than someone with diabetes or another disease.
    Everybody has anxiety. You either have the mental strength to get through it, or to fold under the pressure. My point exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Everybody has anxiety. You either have the mental strength to get through it, or to fold under the pressure. My point exactly.
    Not the same at all. It's ok that you don't know the difference, but I would recommend that you learn it.

Do you think his mental illness is going to hinder his performance going forward, to the point that itís a liability that canít be overlooked?

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Or addiction and substance abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    Do you think his mental illness is going to hinder his performance going forward, to the point that itís a liability that canít be overlooked?
    It may or may not. Hard to say. My experience is VERY limited, but improvements can happen.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910