• Astros in 3

0 0%
  • Astros in 4

1 33.33%
  • Astros in 5

0 0%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
    Perhaps, but maybe this team just isn't that good to begin with. A lot of talent sure, but we beat up on a weak division and struggled against quality teams.
    I disagree. This is a top 2, 3 talent team. Everyone is pretty much healthy

But none of this matters. You can't run it back, of course unless they actually come back from down 0-2. A win Sunday will give a small amount of hope.

The core of the team is insane. You have a few impact starters , a stacked lineup, and a deep bullpen. Young talent waiting to play. Etc. What a let down.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I disagree. This is a top 2, 3 talent team. Everyone is pretty much healthy

But none of this matters. You can't run it back, of course unless they actually come back from down 0-2. A win Sunday will give a small amount of hope.

The core of the team is insane. You have a few impact starters , a stacked lineup, and a deep bullpen. Young talent waiting to play. Etc. What a let down.

All I'm saying is I don't think a different manager really changes the outcome here. Houston pretty much stacks up in every phase if not better.

All I'm saying is I don't think a different manager really changes the outcome here. Houston pretty much stacks up in every phase if not better.
    Based on season results - yes they do

But the Sox are every bit as talented imo, and nonetheless a sweep is unacceptable with a team this talented .

Some say the series doesn't start until the road team wins though lol,one game at a time

Last edited by blams; 10-08-2021 at 08:04 PM.

Click here to register!

The Astros wailed on Sox pitching during the season so not surprising that they are doing it again. It is difficult to win when the pitching staff gets rocked for 9 runs.
    The fact is that 'Stros pitching has been a lot better, and that has made the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by garypeters View Post
    The Astros wailed on Sox pitching during the season so not surprising that they are doing it again. It is difficult to win when the pitching staff gets rocked for 9 runs.
    The fact is that 'Stros pitching has been a lot better, and that has made the difference.
    The talent is there though, which is the concern.
    Teams are supposed to play at or above their talent level and the Sox have played well under for half the season now

Last edited by blams; 10-08-2021 at 10:12 PM.

Click here to register!

Perhaps, but maybe this team just isn't that good to begin with. A lot of talent sure, but we beat up on a weak division and struggled against quality teams.
    This.

The Sox have talent and potential, but they are not great players (yet). One can argue if the Sox weren’t in the AL Central, they probably aren’t even in the playoffs. They are just not as good as Houston, period. What we’ve seen the last 2 games is no different than what we saw all 2nd half.

Houston was the deserved favorite, by most analysts and Vegas. The ones who refused to see it were fans in Chicago.

BTW, thanks Cubs…… for nothing.

None of the moves at the deadline have amounted to anything.

Kimbrel - bust
    Tepera - meh
    Hernendez- useless

We gave away 5 years of Madrigal and basically got nothing for it.

Crochet was a dumb guy to put out there. That's what the Sox lost the lead. Bad decision.

Why would you not put him in for Alvarez? Alvarez is killing our RHp’s. He made Alvarez look human yesterday. That wasn’t a bad decision. We lost because of lack of execution hitting, coupled with some unlucky hard hit balls for big outs, and our pitchers walked way too many. Crochet was the right choice. You don’t put Bummer, pun intended , Vs Alvarez there. And we had to pull Gio there

Eh, not TLR's fault Kimbrel was a total flop and Cesar being useless.
    Yeah what a ridiculous statement to blame Tony for this ****. Our guys gotta execute. We ran into bad luck and some lack of execution. Tony didn’t make our pitchers walk guys left and right either.

Yeah let’s not act like houston doesn’t have a stupid stacked lineup, who have all been here, a lot. WS champs, went to another, lost in the ALCS. This team matches up at every stop.

Bregman is better then Yo-yo
    Abreu and Gurriel are both really good
    Altuve is a top 3 2B in all of baseball
    Eloy isn’t hitting great, and Brantley is a great veteran professional hitter.
    Tucker is pretty good, so is LouBob.
    Correa is really good, so is Tim
    Maldonado is a great defensive catcher. Grandal is a great hitter.
    Alvarez is way better then our young DH’s

You have Altuve working counts, Brantley working counts, Bregman working counts, Alvarez working counts and absolutely mashing, Correa working counts, Gurriel working counts, Tucker working counts. And as a cherry on top, their young CFs both have big RBIs. Where is the break in that lineup?

We put ourselves in positions to win this game today over and over. How many innings did we get the lead off man on? Yo-yo lines into a DP. Literally no avoiding that. It was a good AB. Our big inning coulda been 6 plus runs of Engel doesn’t line out to 3rd. Grandal hit a frozen rope with men on to end an inning.

Meanwhile how many seeing eye dribblers did the Stros have to get big RBIs? Then you Jane Bummer and Kimbrel completely implode to end any shot we had.

It’s not on Tony whatsoever

The talent is there though, which is the concern.
    Teams are supposed to play at or above their talent level and the Sox have played well under for half the season now

The Sox have a lot of talent on the roster, but they are not good fundamentally and I think the overall baseball IQ is lacking. We’ve seen mistakes all season, whether it was on the bases, communicating on routine fly balls, not covering bases, poor technique behind the plate, or even poor approaches and lack of discipline at the plate. And I’m talking about mental mistakes that 16u travel teams and high school players should already know not to make.

It was happening even when they were winning in the first half, and maybe it was their raw talent that allowed them to get away with it. That doesn’t work in the playoffs. Talent only goes so far, before you have to buckle down and raise your game.

Gio walked 5 freaking guys. Bummer gave up 3 hits in 1/3 innings. Kimbrel came in and let 2 guys murder him. That’s our loss in a nut shell. The hitting actually showed up for the most part.

Let me ask an honest question……

How many games do you think the Sox would have won this year, if they were in the AL East, or even the AL West for that matter? And not having the luxury of a weighted schedule against AL Central…... 85? 86? More? Less?

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    Let me ask an honest question……

How many games do you think the Sox would have won this year, if they were in the AL East, or even the AL West for that matter? And not having the luxury of a weighted schedule against AL Central…... 85? 86? More? Less?
    With the injuries, it's likely they miss the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Gio walked 5 freaking guys. Bummer gave up 3 hits in 1/3 innings. Kimbrel came in and let 2 guys murder him. That’s our loss in a nut shell. The hitting actually showed up for the most part.
    My point is when an entire team underachieves like this it's often the coaching.

And tlr's handling of the BP this series has been horrendous . Dude is getting straight up made fun of during the broadcast lol

Imo Kimbrel's struggles are likely largely due to being misused when he came here? He was told he was going to be alternating closing. That was a lie that's how you ruin your rep and players don't want to come here. That's how it works in all sports too.

He was forced to be setup only despite having a significantly better season than Hendricks to that point, his mechanics ultimately got out of wack; and they won't have a prayer of being fixed until the offseason

Last edited by blams; 10-09-2021 at 10:21 AM.

Click here to register!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast