Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    I doubt that because that injury timetable was supposed to keep him down at least until November or December from what I heard
    november is in a couple weeks bro. Nurse already said he's going 100% in practice and is starting contact soon.
    Last edited by ecart; 10-16-2021 at 09:28 PM.

Wainright is waived.

surprised bonga made it tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Wainright is waived.
    Wowza

Maybe they think they can salvage Bonga given he's young.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    I think they can waive/cut Bonga and get him back on the 905 to let him develop. I think he got the start because he hadn't had much run yet. They left FVV and OG at home to let guys like Dekker, Bonga and Wainwright play some minutes.

I think they hang on to Dekker for his shooting and Wainwright for his shooting and defensive potential as a floor spacing 3 and D player. However they may take Bonga if they don't think they can develop him otherwise. At 6'9 with the ability to rebound and go he fits what they are trying to find. At 21 he's still young enough to believe he can get significantly better in the next 24 months with a staff like Toronto's. I think he (and many others) know that too.

Since they arent a top tier team right now, I can see Bonga's potential winning out over immediate shooting at the end of the bench ( most nights).
    Looks like you were right. Dekker and Wainright waived

But Bonga, Alex Antetokounmpo, David Johnson, etc should all be with y'alls 905 team anyway

Dekker should be with the team

Maybe they think they can salvage Bonga given he's young.
    Our development system is up to the task.

I dont see news on Dekker being waived as well?

I dont see news on Dekker being waived as well?
    Sorry, youíre right. We kept Dekker, I didnít read that right. I would have preferred to keep Wainright though

I think Wainright didnt meet the height requirement of being 6'7 to 6'9.

Intersting note....

Bonga played a few games with Svi for the South Bay Lakers last year in the G League. (..where Svi dominated averaging 29 ppg (over 5 games) and shot the lights out from deep. ) That familiarity might have helped Bonga in scrimmages etc. ...and I don't think being 6'9 with essentially a 7ft wingspan hurt him either.

Also. Where on earth are these Bruce Bowen comps coming from for Champagnie? Bowen was one of the best perimeter defenders of his time. Let's pump the brakes on that narrative real quick. Champs is an undersized SF/PF who's best strength is his bbIQ. He knows when and where to cut on offense, and he has a knack for rebounding the basketball. He was awful from deep in his 1 college season. I don't see him making much more than wide open corner threes in the pros .. At least for now. I think they see someone with a high bbIQ and want to see what they can turn him in to over the next 12-24 months. I don't see him cracking our 10 man rotation this year and being switched from a 2way to a standard nba contract. He will spend most of the season in the G league.

bruce brown not bruce bowen bruh

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Sorry, youíre right. We kept Dekker, I didnít read that right. I would have preferred to keep Wainright though
    Wainright did look good. I guess raptors are in need of shooting and Dekker fits that bill. I like Dekker. I think he can be useful.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Intersting note....

Bonga played a few games with Svi for the South Bay Lakers last year in the G League. (..where Svi dominated averaging 29 ppg (over 5 games) and shot the lights out from deep. ) That familiarity might have helped Bonga in scrimmages etc. ...and I don't think being 6'9 with essentially a 7ft wingspan hurt him either.

Also. Where on earth are these Bruce Bowen comps coming from for Champagnie? Bowen was one of the best perimeter defenders of his time. Let's pump the brakes on that narrative real quick. Champs is an undersized SF/PF who's best strength is his bbIQ. He knows when and where to cut on offense, and he has a knack for rebounding the basketball. He was awful from deep in his 1 college season. I don't see him making much more than wide open corner threes in the pros .. At least for now. I think they see someone with a high bbIQ and want to see what they can turn him in to over the next 12-24 months. I don't see him cracking our 10 man rotation this year and being switched from a 2way to a standard nba contract. He will spend most of the season in the G league.
    Champagnie and Bonga both should be in G League

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast