Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Also I simply like Norms overall game more, he has more tools on the offensive end and he is currently being used as a 3rd option behind Dame & CJ. So in that role I think he is on a very team friendly contract. Not to mention Norm did have the ability to turn it up in the post season as well.

Im not too worried about it, this is just for discussion sake. I think Trent will work out fine really but I still dont get why he isnt the consensus starter at the 2. I feel like that was his job to lose and what we paid him for, yet weve had Dragic starting which is just strange to me.
    I am pretty down on Trent right now myself. I was excited when we got him, but it has been a lot of high volume, low efficiency plays. I donít really consider him part of the core right now. I hope that changes.

Yeah GTJ is still an asset. I just donít think the Wizards will actually trade Beal. And he has no problem wasting his career there lol. But I get what youíre saying. How about Dragic, GTJ, Flynn + a pick for Simmons
    Yeah I think we are on the same page here. Basically heís a young asset that we donít mind parting with in the right trade. Same cannot be said about all of our valued youth.

Decision on final roster spots should come soon. Definitely appears that one of Wainright, Dekker and Bonga will need to be cut.

Wainright: Very mature. Will know his role and work within it. Absolute beast physically with a wide strong frame means he should be able to play against bigger matchups. 3pt shot looks alright enough to force opponents to respect it. The guarantee on his contract doesnít kick in for a couple months. He would be my first choice of the 3.

Bonga: Got the start in the final preseason game may be an indicator that the team likes him more. Long, mobile, athletic like many of our players. I havenít seen much of the shot, but handles look alright. I think he is probably the one I let go to be honest.

Dekker: The shot looks legit, even in a small sample size. Form is clean and repeatable. He launched at a 45% clip overseas last year. At 6í9, he will have an easier job getting the shot off than Thomas did and can be more versatile defensively. Can never have enough shooting. Especially if we will have Barnes, Achiuwa and Siakam handling the ball on offence. They will be most effective with a spaced floor. Dekker takes the 15th spot for me.

We will see what the team decides

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Decision on final roster spots should come soon. Definitely appears that one of Wainright, Dekker and Bonga will need to be cut.

Wainright: Very mature. Will know his role and work within it. Absolute beast physically with a wide strong frame means he should be able to play against bigger matchups. 3pt shot looks alright enough to force opponents to respect it. The guarantee on his contract doesnít kick in for a couple months. He would be my first choice of the 3.

Bonga: Got the start in the final preseason game may be an indicator that the team likes him more. Long, mobile, athletic like many of our players. I havenít seen much of the shot, but handles look alright. I think he is probably the one I let go to be honest.

Dekker: The shot looks legit, even in a small sample size. Form is clean and repeatable. He launched at a 45% clip overseas last year. At 6í9, he will have an easier job getting the shot off than Thomas did and can be more versatile defensively. Can never have enough shooting. Especially if we will have Barnes, Achiuwa and Siakam handling the ball on offence. They will be most effective with a spaced floor. Dekker takes the 15th spot for me.

We will see what the team decides
    Iíd keep Wainright and Dekker personally. Bongas skill set is just too much of an overlap at positions we already have log jams in. Atleast Dekker offers you a good shooter off the bench and Wainright brings a variety of things to the table in terms of skill set.

I would keep Wainright and Dekker. Bonga would be fun for the gimmick but too redundant.

Iíd keep Wainright and Dekker personally. Bongas skill set is just too much of an overlap at positions we already have log jams in. Atleast Dekker offers you a good shooter off the bench and Wainright brings a variety of things to the table in terms of skill set.
    Yea. We are talking 14th and 15th men in the rotation. I like the idea of having Dekkerís shooting in the event that someone like Trent or Svi went down with injury. I think he is more likely to be useful to us than Bonga.

As an aside, I am glad the team went a different way with some of the end of the bench spots. It was going to be hard finding optimism for Paul Watson and Deandre Bembry again this year. We got Yuta from last yearís batch. Happy to have a new set of fresh faces competing for a roster spot. They all seem like high character guys too.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Yea. We are talking 14th and 15th men in the rotation. I like the idea of having Dekkerís shooting in the event that someone like Trent or Svi went down with injury. I think he is more likely to be useful to us than Bonga.

As an aside, I am glad the team went a different way with some of the end of the bench spots. It was going to be hard finding optimism for Paul Watson and Deandre Bembry again this year. We got Yuta from last yearís batch. Happy to have a new set of fresh faces competing for a roster spot. They all seem like high character guys too.
    I really like Champagnie and Svi of the guys on the depth chart.

I think they can waive/cut Bonga and get him back on the 905 to let him develop. I think he got the start because he hadn't had much run yet. They left FVV and OG at home to let guys like Dekker, Bonga and Wainwright play some minutes.

I think they hang on to Dekker for his shooting and Wainwright for his shooting and defensive potential as a floor spacing 3 and D player. However they may take Bonga if they don't think they can develop him otherwise. At 6'9 with the ability to rebound and go he fits what they are trying to find. At 21 he's still young enough to believe he can get significantly better in the next 24 months with a staff like Toronto's. I think he (and many others) know that too.

Since they arent a top tier team right now, I can see Bonga's potential winning out over immediate shooting at the end of the bench ( most nights).

I havent watched much but someone said Champagnie was like Amdre Robertson? Accurate or no?

But as far as lineups for 2021/22 while Siakam is out

PG- Fred VanVleet
    SG- Goran Dragic
    SF- OG Anunoby
    PF- Scottie Barnes
    C- Precious Achiuwa (wins starting job at the 5)

2nd unit

PG- Malachi Flynn/Dalano Banton

SG- Svi Mykhailiuk/Wainwright

SF- Gary Trent Jr/Sam Dekker/Justin Champagnie

PF- Chris Boucher/Yuta Watanabe

C- Khem Birch/Freddie Gillespie

That is y'alls 16 man rotation that I would have for y'all while Siakam is out

But as soon as Siakam comes back however, then y'alls lineup would look like this:

PG- Fred VanVleet
    SG- Goran Dragic
    SF- OG Anunoby
    PF- Pascal Siakam
    C- Precious Achiuwa

2nd unit

PG- Malachi Flynn/Dalano Banton
    SG- Gary Trent Jr/Svi Mykhailiuk/Ish Wainwright

SF- Scottie Barnes/Justin Champagnie
    PF- Chris Boucher/Yuta Watanabe
    C- Khem Birch/Freddie Gillespie

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    I havent watched much but someone said Champagnie was like Amdre Robertson? Accurate or no?
    I donít see it at all.

siakam is gonna be back pretty early apparently

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    reminds me of bruce brown actually. hes an energy guy like roberson but that's where the similarities pretty much end lol.

If he's like Bruce Brown I'm happy.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    siakam is gonna be back pretty early apparently
    I doubt that because that injury timetable was supposed to keep him down at least until November or December from what I heard

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast