Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Intersting note....

Bonga played a few games with Svi for the South Bay Lakers last year in the G League. (..where Svi dominated averaging 29 ppg (over 5 games) and shot the lights out from deep. ) That familiarity might have helped Bonga in scrimmages etc. ...and I don't think being 6'9 with essentially a 7ft wingspan hurt him either.

Also. Where on earth are these Bruce Bowen comps coming from for Champagnie? Bowen was one of the best perimeter defenders of his time. Let's pump the brakes on that narrative real quick. Champs is an undersized SF/PF who's best strength is his bbIQ. He knows when and where to cut on offense, and he has a knack for rebounding the basketball. He was awful from deep in his 1 college season. I don't see him making much more than wide open corner threes in the pros .. At least for now. I think they see someone with a high bbIQ and want to see what they can turn him in to over the next 12-24 months. I don't see him cracking our 10 man rotation this year and being switched from a 2way to a standard nba contract. He will spend most of the season in the G league.
    I like Champagnie, I think he will surprise. Also he was talking about Brown from the Nets.

My bad...That makes a lot more sense...lmao

What position do you "like Champagnie" at? I don't dislike him, I just agree that he should be a 2 way player and spend most of his time in "the G" this year with Banton and Johnson where they will get to play.

I agree Bonga should be in the G too, but with 3 years of NBA experience I don't know if they can, or if they can only do it a couple times instead of unlimited like players in their first 3 years. It would make sense for him to take the assignment, but with all the injuries to guys like Siakam, Boucher and Yuta he's only like the 12th man instead of the 15th.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    My bad...That makes a lot more sense...lmao

What position do you "like Champagnie" at? I don't dislike him, I just agree that he should be a 2 way player and spend most of his time in "the G" this year with Banton and Johnson where they will get to play.

I agree Bonga should be in the G too, but with 3 years of NBA experience I don't know if they can, or if they can only do it a couple times instead of unlimited like players in their first 3 years. It would make sense for him to take the assignment, but with all the injuries to guys like Siakam, Boucher and Yuta he's only like the 12th man instead of the 15th.
    Hes a sg/sf. kids only 20 years old.

I don't really think they use the 905 as a place to dump prospects until they're ready. They seem to value learning from the bench just as much as "real" playing time. Plus I think Nurse really enjoys having the flexibility of randomly playing someone.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    I don't really think they use the 905 as a place to dump prospects until they're ready. They seem to value learning from the bench just as much as "real" playing time. Plus I think Nurse really enjoys having the flexibility of randomly playing someone.
    I expect we'll see 3-4 (Banton, Johnson, Champagnie for sure) of the 17 playing in the 905, then shuttling to the big team for practice and bench role in the same day like we've see with others. During homestands at least, there is a possibility to be creative.

Bonga might bounce back and forth. Dekker is too developed at this point, he stays with the big club all year similar to Stanley Johnson in the past IMO. I agree there is a point in player's career where minutes with the 905 mean a whole lot less.
    Last edited by pebloemer; 10-18-2021 at 02:28 PM.

Yea theyll bounce back and forth.

Nick still has to figure out a rotation anyway so Id expect he plays the vets even in blowouts to find a rotation he likes so the young guys wont get any burntime.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I expect we'll see 3-4 (Banton, Johnson, Champagnie for sure) of the 17 playing in the 905, then shuttling to the big team for practice and bench role in the same day like we've see with others. During homestands at least, there is a possibility to be creative.

Bonga might bounce back and forth. Dekker is too developed at this point, he stays with the big club all year similar to Stanley Johnson in the past IMO. I agree there is a point in player's career where minutes with the 905 mean a whole lot less.
    But then baby Giannis...Alex Antetokounmpo he could benefit from 905 for y'all

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post

They might bounce back and forth but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't either since they're prioritizing development. In the past it was a little different when we had veterans who have solidified their place in the rotation and a coach that was reluctant to play younger players. I don't think any of the minutes and spots in the rotation are safe. If Gary, Svi and Dekker are missing shots and lacking effort, I could totally see Nurse just saying **** it and telling Champagnie to suit up for instance. Especially when shot making is at an all time premium in this league. If Flynn still struggles to make shots, maybe Nurse adjusts by getting a bigger playmaker out there. I mean we even had moments where we had Tragic Johnson out there with surprise minutes leading the break. idk, I guess we'll find out soon enough.
    Last edited by ecart; 10-18-2021 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    But then baby Giannis...Alex Antetokounmpo he could benefit from 905 for y'all
    It's obvious he's going to be stuck in the 905. He's not signed to the team and we already used up all of our two ways.

Nate back as coach.

He has been with us for a while, saw pics of him at training camp. I guess we kept it on the down low in case he got interest elsewhere.

He was consultant but officially listed as assistant now.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Nate back as coach.
    The best part of this is that we probably donít have to worry about him going anywhere for a while. Heíll be good continuity for a while.

Unless he's a dick to our players too.

He's probably not gonna get another chance tbh unless the Raptors become a powerhouse championship team like the Patriots and people forget all about this. Larry Bird still advises that team, that's why/how Rick went back but he/they don't **** around. So that's going to leave a black mark on him for a very long time. He didn't play in the NBA either so he's not part of the old boy's club so he can't count on one of his buddies becoming a GM.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast