Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Banton has that clutch gene

Svi was a really good pick up, he fits perfectly in this system

svi has low key been better than gary

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    svi has low key been better than gary
    Its the difference in defence that stands out the most to me.

While I def agree Svi has looked better....GTJ likely has been told he is the starting SG after signing that extension while Svi is battling to make the rotation. Lets wait until the games count before making any judgements. One guy has a lot more motivation to work hard right now. GTJ just needs to get in game shape and stay healthy.

Now....do I like the potential of a 6'7/6'8 starting SG who can create for others and knock down 3's? Your gosh darn right I do.

We saw Barnes/Banton/OG/Dekker/Birch last night at the end of the first half.....and it was pretty darn interesting imo. They had no issues defending the guards for the Rockets.

The more I see Scottie Barnes, the more I understand taking him over Suggs. The potential that kid has is enormous. He can already handle the rock, create for others, score in the paint over forwards and has a pretty good looking FT stroke. If he can become someone who can also effectively guard the elite players like LBJ, Simmons, Giannis and KD defensively ...watch out. If he also starts shooting 35+% from deep....

Achiuwa does things every game that excite me as well. He looks almost like a SF the way he handles the rock and his outside stroke is so much better than I originally thought when they traded for him.

Just think how good OG, Siakam, Barnes and Achiuwa could be in like 2 more years.....it is actually scary.

Since Siakam is out; as far as lineup that y'all should run with

PG- VanVleet
    SG- Trent Jr
    SF- Anunoby
    PF- Barnes
    C- Achiuwa (he has made a believer out of me so far; the potential is there cuz even tho I'm not a Raptors fan, I can respect the potential...I can see it)

2nd unit

PG- Dragic/Flynn/Banton in that order
    SG- Svi
    SF- Watanabe/Wainwright in that order
    PF- Boucher/Gillespie in that order
    C- Birch with 2nd unit...Achiuwa should be the starter from here on out

Gillespie not even making the roster at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Gillespie not even making the roster at this point.
    I agree, I dont even think he would serve as a 3rd string C.

I really like the Precious/Birch combo we have going at the 5 anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Since Siakam is out; as far as lineup that y'all should run with

PG- VanVleet
    SG- Trent Jr
    SF- Anunoby
    PF- Barnes
    C- Achiuwa (he has made a believer out of me so far; the potential is there cuz even tho I'm not a Raptors fan, I can respect the potential...I can see it)

2nd unit

PG- Dragic/Flynn/Banton in that order
    SG- Svi
    SF- Watanabe/Wainwright in that order
    PF- Boucher/Gillespie in that order
    C- Birch with 2nd unit...Achiuwa should be the starter from here on out
    I just realized that Barnes is about the same size as Derozan, and with his ball handling ability I wouldnt even mind starting him at the 2.

I wouldnt mind seeing this rotation.

FVV - Banton? Flynn?
    Barnes - GTJ
    OG - SVI
    Siakam - Boucher
    Precious - Birch

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I just realized that Barnes is about the same size as Derozan, and with his ball handling ability I wouldnt even mind starting him at the 2.

FVV - Banton? Flynn?
    Barnes - GTJ
    OG - SVI
    Siakam - Boucher
    Precious - Birch
    If y'all go with this as your rotation then y'all truly could have something

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    While I def agree Svi has looked better....GTJ likely has been told he is the starting SG after signing that extension while Svi is battling to make the rotation. Lets wait until the games count before making any judgements. One guy has a lot more motivation to work hard right now. GTJ just needs to get in game shape and stay healthy.
    i mean he just hasnt really improved since we last saw him. this is the best time for him to be trying all the things he worked on in the offseason like OG with the stepbacks. just disappointing honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    i mean he just hasnt really improved since we last saw him. this is the best time for him to be trying all the things he worked on in the offseason like OG with the stepbacks. just disappointing honestly.
    Yeah hes an amazing shooter and thats his bread and butter, but he needs to expand his game. Id rather have GTjr than nothing, but Powell would have been better to have this season.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post

FVV - Banton? Flynn?
    Barnes - GTJ
    OG - SVI
    Siakam - Boucher
    Precious - Birch
    I dreamed of this lineup before the preseason, but Barnes is 100% a big man out there. If anything, Id prefer to slide OG over to the 2 hole. Maybe even siakam at the 3 over Barnes.

My optimism about Barnes playing the point has been quelled. Hes a big man, and hell be a dman fine one at that.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I dreamed of this lineup before the preseason, but Barnes is 100% a big man out there. If anything, Id prefer to slide OG over to the 2 hole. Maybe even siakam at the 3 over Barnes.

My optimism about Barnes playing the point has been quelled. Hes a big man, and hell be a dman fine one at that.
    Its weird because ESPN has Barnes listed at 6'7 225lbs https://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id...scottie-barnes
    and they have OG listed at 6'7 232lbs https://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/3934719/og-anunoby
    I think both guys look taller, but I've never seen them in person up close.

To me Barnes looks more mobile than OG when covering space on the defensive end. Staying in front of 2 guards is likely going to be a bit easier for him, add the fact that he has better passing ability + vision I think he could start at the two. But they are interchangeable. You can put Barnes at the 3 as a point forward and have OG at the two. Either way, both of them will likely handle the toughest defensive assignments on the perimeter.

But the more I look at the line up the more I see that Barnes, OG, and even Siakam should really be at the 3/4. Plus you have Boucher as a back up so we do have a bit of a log jam. Not to mention Precious can also play the 4&5. But I guess this is what the FO envisioned as tall, athletic, and position less. I guess it doesn't matter if you put OG or Barnes at the two as we know neither guy is a shooting guard. Position less basketball for ya.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 10-12-2021 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post

Now....do I like the potential of a 6'7/6'8 starting SG who can create for others and knock down 3's? Your gosh darn right I do.

We saw Barnes/Banton/OG/Dekker/Birch last night at the end of the first half.....and it was pretty darn interesting imo. They had no issues defending the guards for the Rockets.

The more I see Scottie Barnes, the more I understand taking him over Suggs. The potential that kid has is enormous. He can already handle the rock, create for others, score in the paint over forwards and has a pretty good looking FT stroke. If he can become someone who can also effectively guard the elite players like LBJ, Simmons, Giannis and KD defensively ...watch out. If he also starts shooting 35+% from deep....

Achiuwa does things every game that excite me as well. He looks almost like a SF the way he handles the rock and his outside stroke is so much better than I originally thought when they traded for him.

Just think how good OG, Siakam, Barnes and Achiuwa could be in like 2 more years.....it is actually scary.
    Im not to worried about GTJ, but I am pleasantly surprised with Svi as he could have a chance to be another one of MU's gems.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast