Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    GTJ has to start eventually or he is going to get the bulk of the minutes. Nurse's system doesn't work with players like Dragic out there.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    GTJ has to start eventually or he is going to get the bulk of the minutes. Nurse's system doesn't work with players like Dragic out there.
    I was actually looking forward to seeing Gary start and what type of season he could have. I agree that eventually he will be starting. I think were simply trying to boost Dragics value.

Seems like they might be trying to showcase dragic so I expect him to get the start. Would love to see how the FVV/GTjr defence is though.

Raptors vs 76ers again in the return matchup tonight

Barnes needs to work on his closeouts.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Embiid must love playing the Raptors now.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I was actually looking forward to seeing Gary start and what type of season he could have. I agree that eventually he will be starting. I think were simply trying to boost Dragics value.
    Trying to showcase 17 year vet in a preseason game? idk about that. I think Nurse just likes him. Eventually the novelty will wear off.

GTJ should be starting with Dragic off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Trying to showcase 17 year vet in a preseason game? idk about that. I think Nurse just likes him. Eventually the novelty will wear off.
    He hasn’t been playing a ton of games over the last 3 seasons. 50-59-36 respectively. With older players teams wanna see if he’s cooked or not, how much he can still impact the game, and if he can stay healthy.

I agree that Nurse probably likes him, and it could be that we do use his vet presence, but being that he’s on an expiring contract I think it’s a safe bet that we do try to flip him by the deadline and it doesn’t hurt if he had a strong season up to that point so that we can net a decent return. Albeit a decent return for a 17 year player is not gonna be earth shattering.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    He hasn’t been playing a ton of games over the last 3 seasons. 50-59-36 respectively. With older players teams wanna see if he’s cooked or not, how much he can still impact the game, and if he can stay healthy.

I agree that Nurse probably likes him, and it could be that we do use his vet presence, but being that he’s on an expiring contract I think it’s a safe bet that we do try to flip him by the deadline and it doesn’t hurt if he had a strong season up to that point so that we can net a decent return. Albeit a decent return for a 17 year player is not gonna be earth shattering.
    I just think he's a known quantity and most GMs know his performance is dictated by his health. He just left a team with a rigorous conditioning program and with a shortened offseason, I doubt conditioning is something they're concerned about either. The more he plays, the less he has left in the tank in the post season.

I really did NOT like the 3 guard look we had out there with FVV/Dragic/Trent for a stretch. I know we were missing Siakam, Boucher and Birch, but we shouldn't be playing small at SF this season.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I really did NOT like the 3 guard look we had out there with FVV/Dragic/Trent for a stretch. I know we were missing Siakam, Boucher and Birch, but we shouldn't be playing small at SF this season.
    I think we will, we need more shooting. I think Svi is going to be in a lot of these types of lineups too.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Trent really can’t get to the basket at all.

Raptors vs Celtics tomorrow in preseason

Ugly game so far

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast