Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 182
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    14,442
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    What? Lol Iím not sure what your first sentence means. Iím just not high on Flynn at all. I donít think heís that good, I donít think heís ever gonna be that good. His dad hasnít posted anything since last year.

    Banton and Flynn are in two different drafts. What does it matter what their draft positions are ? Didnt you just say if Banton was drafted next year heíd be a lottery pick according to MU?
    Iím saying the 2nd rounder from Flynnís draft is already out of the league. All we have to show for that draft is Flynn. I hope he pans out because it would be a shame to not get anything from a draft year. Considering the reason you donít want Flynn to pan out is because you donít like his dadÖ I think thatís silly and I want success for my favourite team even if I donít like the guys dad.

    You pointed out that you donít see a difference between picks 30&31. I pointed out that the difference in draft slots was closer to 20 picks. Not sure what youíre questioning about that.
    And yes MU said that. Also not sure whatís controversial about that. Or any of this. I think you might be trolling.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    14,442
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    whatís the point youíre trying to make? youíre contradicting yourself bro. I just didnít want you to feel insulted so I said it in a joking manner.

    But I have no idea what youíre getting at, as those are two completely different trains of thought. So make it make sense for me.
    Iím not contradicting myself at all.
    Both of these things are true at the same time:
    1) If the raptors didnít pick Banton then he might have gone Undrafted in this draft.
    2) MU (the guy who liked Banton and drafted him) said he thought Banton would be a lottery pick next year if he stayed in school another year.

    Iím just stating facts. Iím not even trying to prove anything. I have a dynamic point of view and not everything i say is from one side of things.
    Im not trying to say that Banton is good or bad. I hope he becomes a monster in this league. The only thing Iím really trying to say is itís silly to hope Flynn fails because you donít like his dad if youíre a raptors fan.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    3,141
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I donít think we punted the draft, because I think Flynn will have a long nba career.
    You said if u think Banton is better than that means Masai punted the draft. I'm saying neither has anything to do with the other.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    14,442
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    You said if u think Banton is better than that means Masai punted the draft. I'm saying neither has anything to do with the other.
    Yea. If raw 2nd rounder 21 year old 5 turnover Banton is better than 23 year old sophomore Flynn right nowÖ thatís a bad sign for the results of the flynn draft.

    Seriously. The way you guys try to pick me apart is getting ridiculous. I make a comment about how flynn is supposed to be better than Banton right now and I have to explain it for 2 ****ing pages.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    3,141
    All I'm literally saying is it doesn't matter cause it's a different class. You can only pick who is available. Getting a worse player from that class doesn't mean we punted that draft. idk why you're getting so heated. it's really not that serious.
    Last edited by ecart; 10-05-2021 at 08:06 PM.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    14,442
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    All I'm literally saying is it doesn't matter cause it's a different class. idk why you're getting so heated. it's not that serious.
    Cool opinion man. Not any more valid than mine. Nothing youíre saying is disproving my simple point.

    Iím getting annoyed, and I explained why.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    3,141
    I mean it's pretty much a fact that the 2020 draft class was ******* but ok. disproving your point? honestly don't know what you're on about. i dont care what you think about Flynn that part is irrelevant. im saying that sentence is a complete non sequitur.

    just because someone from one draft class is better than another draft class, it doesn't mean you punted the previous draft. like it doesn't make sense in any way whatsoever.

    like yeah bro Masai should have travelled to the future and picked up Banton instead of picking up Flynn.
    Last edited by ecart; 10-05-2021 at 08:16 PM.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    3,141
    honestly forget it this is dumb

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,569
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    would make sense for a rookie wouldnt it lol

    I think he has higher potential than Flynn. Imo Flynn is pretty close to being what he is being that hes older. Maybe he blossoms late. Either way, I got no love for Malachi.
    We could give him 30 min a night for the 905. I think that is more valuable for his long term growth. I'm sure he'll be on the subway route to the big league practices and games wherever possible. But his minutes will mostly come there for now IMO.

    I'm familiar with your Malachi skepticism. I'm willing to give him a legit shot this year. The defense already translates. Shot looks good. He is fast. Just need to see him get more chances running the PnR in the half court. Not sure he is ever a starter, but he can be an impact rotation player IMO. Need to put it together though.

    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    The prospect I am most excited about is Precious. I can just tell this guys gonna be a fan fav. Love the guys motor and versatility.
    Yah, I like him a lot too. Sounds like the FO really liked him in last years draft too, just weren't drafting high enough to get him.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,936
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Iím saying the 2nd rounder from Flynnís draft is already out of the league. All we have to show for that draft is Flynn. I hope he pans out because it would be a shame to not get anything from a draft year. Considering the reason you donít want Flynn to pan out is because you donít like his dadÖ I think thatís silly and I want success for my favourite team even if I donít like the guys dad.

    You pointed out that you donít see a difference between picks 30&31. I pointed out that the difference in draft slots was closer to 20 picks. Not sure what youíre questioning about that.
    And yes MU said that. Also not sure whatís controversial about that. Or any of this. I think you might be trolling.
    You referred to Flynn as a 2nd year first rounder as if he was a lottery pick. He was picked at 30 which is pretty much a 2nd rounder lol thatís all that was about.

    Taking one player from one draft and subtracting his draft position from another player in another draft makes no sense bro lol. I thought what you said was conflicting and I was having fun with it thatís all.

    I donít think Banton is a better player, I think he has better potential. That doesnít mean I think we squandered the draft last year. Sometimes you find gems with later picks, sometimes you donít. I donít expect every draft to be a home run with late picks and undrafted players. Itís nice when it happens though. I just donít see it with Flynn.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 10-05-2021 at 09:14 PM.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,936
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    honestly forget it this is dumb
    Lol yeah it is.. but Flynn does suck though

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,936
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    We could give him 30 min a night for the 905. I think that is more valuable for his long term growth. I'm sure he'll be on the subway route to the big league practices and games wherever possible. But his minutes will mostly come there for now IMO.

    I'm familiar with your Malachi skepticism. I'm willing to give him a legit shot this year. The defense already translates. Shot looks good. He is fast. Just need to see him get more chances running the PnR in the half court. Not sure he is ever a starter, but he can be an impact rotation player IMO. Need to put it together though.



    Yah, I like him a lot too. Sounds like the FO really liked him in last years draft too, just weren't drafting high enough to get him.
    Yeah I see Banton as a 905 guy. I have no idea what Nurseí rotation is gonna be but my guess is Banton wouldnít be a big part of it this year.

    Precious on the other hand I can see getting a lot of minutes especially while Boucher and Siakam are out. But I anticipate he will be a big part of the rotation.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,710
    I think the path to the opening day 5 spot has been almost handed to Achiuwa with Boucher going to miss the start of the season with the dislocated finger. He still needs to beat out Birch, but in a year of rebuilding, I think we see the young uber athletic guy we gave up Lowry for get the nod. He has been nothing but impressive so far in summer league and pre-season.

    With Siakam out too, I think we see Barnes and Achiuwa thrown into the fire at the back end of our defense.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,569
    Trent is in the lineup for tonight by the sounds of it. Birch still out. Watanabe dealing with a calf strain and is out tonight.

    Who gets the start beside FVV in the backcourt? GTJ or Dragic?

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,712
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Trent is in the lineup for tonight by the sounds of it. Birch still out. Watanabe dealing with a calf strain and is out tonight.

    Who gets the start beside FVV in the backcourt? GTJ or Dragic?

    I think Dragic starts for the Raptors tbh and GTJ comes off the bench seeing as how it's pre season for y'all anyway

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •