Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 182
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,957
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    They played the Sixers without their 3 best scorers in Embiid, Harris and Simmons. ...and Embiid and Simmons are 2 of their best defenders. The three of them make up like 100M in salary on the bench for the Sixers....lmao. That is a game this Raps team is supposed to win big at HOME for te first time in almost 2 years.....even without Pascal, GTJ, Boucher and Birch.


    What I want to point out about last night is just how good all the newbies (Barnes, Precious, Mykhailiuk, Banton and Champagnie) looked. ..on both sides of the ball.

    I think Banton has a real chance with his size and defensive versatility to leap frog Flynn on the depth chart.

    I think Achiuwa showed off his handle and a pretty darn good looking jimmy on opening day in the pre-season.

    I think Yuta is def a lock for one of the final roster spots.

    Champagnie finished with 17 and 10 (on 12 FGA's) with 3 dimes and 2 steals in 22 minutes. I think he is going to put up massive numbers in the G League this year.
    We also played with out Siakam, Boucher, and lol at counting Simmons who already said hes not reporting.

    Bro we beat them, it counts, were on our way to a ship

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,587
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Banton > Flynn,

    I said it
    You did!

    5 turnovers last night. He averaged 3 turnovers a game on 22 minutes in summer league (and shot 40% from the FT line and below 40% from the field). There is plenty to like about his game, but he needs development time badly. I don't think he factors into the rotation until post-trade deadline at the earliest. I would be happy to be wrong though. I was upset about the pick initially, but I definitely see why the organization liked him so much.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    14,491
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Banton > Flynn,

    I said it
    I reeeeeallly hope Flynn proves you wrong because if a 2nd rounder that might have gone Undrafted is better than a 2nd year 1st rounder then we have punted last years draft.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    14,491
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    You did!

    5 turnovers last night. He averaged 3 turnovers a game on 22 minutes in summer league (and shot 40% from the FT line and below 40% from the field). There is plenty to like about his game, but he needs development time badly. I don't think he factors into the rotation until post-trade deadline at the earliest. I would be happy to be wrong though. I was upset about the pick initially, but I definitely see why the organization liked him so much.
    MU said he thinks Banton would have been a lottery pick next yearÖ so Iím dreaming too.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,957
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I reeeeeallly hope Flynn proves you wrong because if a 2nd rounder that might have gone Undrafted is better than a 2nd year 1st rounder then we have punted last years draft.
    Whats the difference between the 30th pick and 31st pick? Flynn is pretty much a 2nd rounder bro. I dont put much weight in to rounds when youre picking that low.

    I really hope Flynn doesnt prove me wrong, and its with another team. Cant stand him.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,957
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    You did!

    5 turnovers last night. He averaged 3 turnovers a game on 22 minutes in summer league (and shot 40% from the FT line and below 40% from the field). There is plenty to like about his game, but he needs development time badly. I don't think he factors into the rotation until post-trade deadline at the earliest. I would be happy to be wrong though. I was upset about the pick initially, but I definitely see why the organization liked him so much.
    would make sense for a rookie wouldnt it lol

    I think he has higher potential than Flynn. Imo Flynn is pretty close to being what he is being that hes older. Maybe he blossoms late. Either way, I got no love for Malachi.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,957
    The prospect I am most excited about is Precious. I can just tell this guys gonna be a fan fav. Love the guys motor and versatility.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,957
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I reeeeeallly hope Flynn proves you wrong because if a 2nd rounder that might have gone Undrafted is better than a 2nd year 1st rounder then we have punted last years draft.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc.;34110786[B
    ]MU said he thinks Banton would have been a lottery pick next yearÖ[/B] so Iím dreaming too.
    Make it, make sense for me brother lol. Either you believe MU when saying Banton could have been a lottery pick next year, or you see him as a 2nd rounder that could have gone undrafted. It cant be both lol

    Personally I believe MU and we need to put time towrds his development.

    Keep in mind im half joking here for effect brother.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 10-05-2021 at 04:40 PM.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    14,491
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Whats the difference between the 30th pick and 31st pick? Flynn is pretty much a 2nd rounder bro. I dont put much weight in to rounds when youre picking that low.

    I really hope Flynn doesnt prove me wrong, and its with another team. Cant stand him.
    So you want the raptors to have burned an entire draft because you donít like a guys dad? Canít pick your parents bro.

    And the difference between where Flynn was picked vs Banton is like 20 spots.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    14,491
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Make it, make sense for me brother lol. Either you believe MU when saying Banton could have been a lottery pick next year, or you see him as a 2nd rounder that could have gone undrafted. It cant be both lol

    Personally I believe MU and we need to put time towrds his development.

    Keep in mind im half joking here for effect brother.
    Ok if youíre joking then whatever. But Banton can definitely be both a guy that probably would have gone undrafted if we didnít pick him, and a guy that one talent evaluator thinks could have been a lottery pick next season if he stayed in school another year.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    3,172
    flynn sucks. idk why u think we punted the draft. 2020 was just a weaker draft class overall.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    14,491
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    flynn sucks. idk why u think we punted the draft. 2020 was just a weaker draft class overall.
    I donít think we punted the draft, because I think Flynn will have a long nba career.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,957
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    So you want the raptors to have burned an entire draft because you donít like a guys dad? Canít pick your parents bro.

    And the difference between where Flynn was picked vs Banton is like 20 spots.
    What? Lol Iím not sure what your first sentence means. Iím just not high on Flynn at all. I donít think heís that good, I donít think heís ever gonna be that good. His dad hasnít posted anything since last year.

    Banton and Flynn are in two different drafts. What does it matter what their draft positions are ? Didnt you just say if Banton was drafted next year heíd be a lottery pick according to MU?

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,957
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Ok if youíre joking then whatever. But Banton can definitely be both a guy that probably would have gone undrafted if we didnít pick him, and a guy that one talent evaluator thinks could have been a lottery pick next season if he stayed in school another year.
    whatís the point youíre trying to make? youíre contradicting yourself bro. I just didnít want you to feel insulted so I said it in a joking manner.

    But I have no idea what youíre getting at, as those are two completely different trains of thought. So make it make sense for me.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 10-05-2021 at 07:08 PM.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,957
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I donít think we punted the draft, because I think Flynn will have a long nba career.
    Not every late pick is a gem. And if you donít find a gem with a late pick itís not considered punting the draft. After the lottery picks it becomes a crap shoot. You can have great scouting and still end up with a meh player. You think every draft is a home run despite where youíre picking?

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •